JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Skystriker and the return of o-ring!!!  (Read 9548 times)

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Skystriker and the return of o-ring!!!
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2022, 10:34:53 AM »

Yeah parts are a big market now, as more and more vehicles/figures degrade and collectors need to replace them.

I didn't realize that the original ARAH figs are now having problems with their elbows and the rivets used to join them.  Yes the O-rings and thumbs are problems we all know about, but apparently in the last few years, more and more original figures are starting to have breakage, rust, etc. around the rivets and elbows.

I guess when you hit 40 years, it is to be expected that more problems would occur.  It is the same thing with Masters Of The Universe figures.  The originals are more and more breaking around the joints, especially the feet area.  That and the interior joints are weakening to the point where feet and legs can no longer support the figures standing.

So I am glad for the new Masters of the Universe Origins line, and now the new O-ring from Hasbro.  It gives me a chance to get some of the original looks, but with updates, to replace older versions that may not be salvageable in the next decade.

As for Haslab, never say never, but if the Skystriker was $230US, I imagine something like the Missile Command would be similar in price, but who knows anymore with inflation.  Honestly I would love Hasbro to take the risk and offer one of the classic bases instead, even though they would easily be over $400US.  However I could find the funds for a new headquarters, Terrordrome, or......USS FLAGG!!!!  The Flagg I can't see being done for anything under $800 though.

However I think Hasbro will just settle on vehicles for Joe right now.  Maybe a Classified scale HISS, or another fairly big 3.75" vehicle (I would love a Night Raven).

At retail we will see a lot of re-release of existing molds for vehicles.  I mean we already had the HISS, AWE Striker and, unbelievably, an updated Fang. So hopefully the Vamp, Stinger and others come along again, in classic packaging.  However if Hasbro is asking $40US for 2 figures, I hate to think what they'll ask for the vehicles.

Yeah i don't see a big play for the big bases. I already have those (minus missle command and defiant space complex) and wouldn't have the space to get a second version. I suspect bases don't sell as well as I would like to believe. I think the o-ring line has to prove itself in sales before they go really big. I'm guessing we will see vehicles like you said but I would actually prefer they try some other first. I feel in last 20 years there has been enough awe strikers, vamps, and Hiss. Let's move on to something else..night raven, mauler (without radio control but still with rubber treads), wolverine, whale, stun.

Pricing will be everything for me.

bishop

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2022, 10:33:48 PM »

Larger playsets are indeed difficult in this market. I'd love to see a radio controlled Crossfire and Rumbler exclusive... ;) 
https://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/87/crossfire/

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2022, 03:20:58 PM »

nice little update on the last Hasbro Pulse viewing. Looking good. Can't wait for this bad boy. Will probably sit in my office at work :)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2022, 10:47:10 PM »

All the carded figures that come with the Haslab GI Joe Skystriker!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 09:43:38 PM by martin-montreal »

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2022, 01:05:15 PM »

looks good. thanks for posting Martin. I can't help but feel only Ripcord card feels like original art. The others look a little too... simple. Minor quibble since I'm going to open them all up. Hope they still ship in January.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2022, 05:00:48 AM »

Seriously, I know it was expensive, and people out there were quite vocal in complaining about how this should have been a retail release, but.....

You can't tell me that with 7 carded figures, all the accessories and support vehicles, plus the Skystriker and multiple sticker sheets, that Hasbro (specifically the Joe team) didn't try their hardest to put as much value as possible into the high price.

It is a shame that we couldn't get the Ketchup & Mustard deck crew as well, but still what a great looking set.  I can't wait for it to arrive.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2022, 12:37:44 PM »

yeah too bad for the deck crew. Hopefully we get another chance at them at some point since the tooling is already being reused. I dream of a 5-pack online pack with the green, purple, blue, red, yellow. If they want to make it a 7 pack to add the brown and white I'm ok with that too. I'd go for 2 packs of either.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2022, 06:35:13 AM »

Got an email from hasbro pulse giving me till Jan 12 to confirm my address for the sky striker. Then they should be shipping. Hopefully I get mine by end of January / beginning of February. Christmas will come twice !

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2022, 06:52:16 AM »

Yep great news.

I got my Haslab Victory Saber 10 days after the last day to update my address.  Galactus was almost a month.  So it is kind of a crap shoot when it will arrive, but hopefully no more than a month.

Can't wait!!!

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2023, 04:24:05 PM »

getting closer...squeeeeeeell!

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2023, 04:27:32 PM »

And one more nice touch.

The cardboard packing holding the figures and support vehicles has printing on it, so when you open it up it makes a runway for the Skystriker!!!!!

Love these little touches.  Great work Joe Team.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2023, 08:28:19 AM »

And one more nice touch.

The cardboard packing holding the figures and support vehicles has printing on it, so when you open it up it makes a runway for the Skystriker!!!!!

Love these little touches.  Great work Joe Team.

Where did you see this? I love that idea although mine will be set up either at work in my office or packaged away till Christmas each year when I break out the Flagg.