JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Best Youtuber for GI Joe?  (Read 1544 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Best Youtuber for GI Joe?
« on: March 25, 2023, 11:21:53 PM »

Who are your best Youtuber for news and review ?

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Best Youtuber for GI Joe?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 06:38:53 AM »

For Joes specifically I usually go to Full Force Podcast first.   The guy is a pretty happy-go-lucky type of Youtuber, and he is in Rhode Island.  That has given him the opportunity to make connections with the Joe team and so he has inside knowledge currently.  Sometimes he does spots that I find boring, or tedious, but I could say that about any Youtuber. 

There is also WOJM (What's On Joe Mind).   They don't really do anything outside of a weekly livestream.   So once a week a group gets together and discusses Joe.  One of the group is a former Hasbro employee who worked on Joe (I think near the end of 25th/ME).  It isn't breaking new ground, but they are good for a laugh and to hear Joe talk.

After that I don't follow anyone else who is Joe specific.  Rather it is more channels that cover toys, but maybe have Joe as one of their top lines.  Toy Habits is another one I follow.  They are mainly a MOTU/Joe channel, and they are pretty good at getting leaks.

There is a Canadian Youtuber, Viper Island.   However I don't follow him.   I just find his channel sad.  He has turned into a more negative channel and he loves to now claim Hasbro has problems with him, loves to bash them, and yet still covers them for Joe like he is somehow doing great coverage that is honest because he isn't afraid to be negative (which he claims is being honest).  Also he has his son (I presume) doing the show with him and it is a bit gross to me seeing him put his son out there for a line that he would have no attachment to without his dad, and talking like he is some kind of long term expert on the line.   I always wonder what is going on with any child doing Youtube because of the danger of putting a minor on the internet (even if his dad is with him).  Also what is up with the parent putting their child out there like that?

Overall though I don't think there is enough Joe product/media to really make it worthwhile for a channel on Youtube, but the ones who do it do it fairly well (at least the ones I follow).

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 09:56:58 AM »

Don't really watch that many, and the one that has come up in my recommended feed the most is HoodedCobraCommander788,  he does some good reviews of the vintage line and the classified series.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 08:08:01 PM »

As for review:

I also like HCC788 but sometimes it turns out more like a theater than an effective review.

I like Formbx257 but didn't heard from him for more than 1 year now.

Since English is not my mother tongue, I like The Fwoosh. He makes great edit and he is easy to understand for me.

A Punk With Toys makes great review too, but his intro are too long. He keeps saying you don't want to see me, you want to see the toy... and he keeps talking... it's a bit annoying...

As for news:

I like Viper Island since they are Canadian and he is a great duo with it son. Bottom line, toys are for kids right?

The Artist Shark is often the first one on the news even if he makes mistakes sometimes.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 12:03:26 PM »

I watch quite a few youtubers and I like certain aspects of each channel. I don't always share their perspectives but I like that I'm presented multiple things to consider.

For Reviews:
 I like FormBx257, HCC788, Half the Battle. I think they stick only to Gi joe (or at least that's the only videos I watch from them).
Formbx257 has a ton of information and I like his overall knowledge (or his research, whichever) and he pays attention to the details. He also appears like a genuine humble guy.
HCC I think has gone undergone some hard times recently and I think he's trying to get back into it but I think he's still hurting. I like that tries to be welcoming and adds some vignettes into his videos.
Timmer is just funny but his video production value is a bit weak or maybe simple is a better word. It doesn't bother me though, I'd guess just making a high end video would take more time and money then he probably wants to invest and if I were him and had the choice between high quality videos or buying more toys, you could expect lower quality videos for the foreseeable future :D.

For joe dio story videos:
 Gi joeburg - Excellent stories and action sequences. They love playing. I like that.
5100 productions - just found them recently. excellent stop motion stories. check them out.

For fixing stuff : Toy Polloi is tops but i also liked the fixes from Retroblasting and Formbx257

Other YouTubers I like but aren't exclusive to Joe (some I've already listed above but I'll put them in again anyways)

Retroblasting, Analog Toys, Spector Creative, Secret Galaxy, GI Dad, Justice Cury, Action Robot Punch, Toy Connections. Toy Tinker Tim. Probably more.
 I recommend any of them.