General Section > General Joe Talk

Comic or cartoon

(1/5) > >>

Pete The Greek:
Ya, ya, ya, this thread was locked on yojoe but.....

So which one do you prefer or which one shaped your GI JOE universe?  Mine is the cartoon as I didn't follow the comic books as a kid.  I didn't know they were out.  The cartoon got me hooked onto GI JOE as that was the purpose of the cartoon (a 30 minute ad).  WUTV 29 ah the old days.

Deadshot:
I    tend to use the Comic  as  my universe.. with a little of the cartoon thrown in  for fun.

Spillspleen:
My friends and I were into roll playing so we made our own universe!

We were forever invading Cobra Island....so some comic influence...but other than that it was all hack and slash....people always died...and we played it over and over again....from the begining....lots of fun reallly!!

Agent_Loop:
I lean forward towards the comic. I especially loved the DD series when Brandon Badeaux was pencilling it, it all had a sophisticated style that's rarely seen in GIJoe.

BHMike:
A bit of both.......
The Cartoon and Comic (for me) seemed like different stories.
The Comic was the 'ongoing' story, and the Cartoon was 'mini-stories'.

After watching a few of the Episodes on the DVD set now, I think I actually prefer the Comic version of Joe....

Still...... as a kid watching Duke and Scarlett flirting, and then reading about Scarlett and Snake Eyes..... well.... I had my own ideas about her then. ;-)
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version