JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: PLEASE READ : Re: Canadian Joe Con Exclusives  (Read 7315 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
PLEASE READ : Re: Canadian Joe Con Exclusives
« on: April 17, 2009, 05:38:01 PM »

We are thrilled by the interest in this year's convention set. We have worked harder on this set than any other exclusive we have ever offered so it is very satisfying to hear such genuine excitement over these products. Unfortunately, simply being excited and "really really wanting" these exclusives will not get you them. Since the first exclusive figure in 2004, the only way to attain these figures is by arriving at the con early enough to claim them yourself.

As of this posting, nearly 50 people have emailed asking that they be the exception to this rule. Some of those people are longtime friends. Some are perfect strangers. The math shows that if we made the exception to every one of those people, over half the sets would be sold before the show. This set is not an internet exclusive. It is a convention exclusive and therefore will only be sold at the convention.

We at JoeCanuck.com do everything we can to ensure these sets end up in the hands of as many different fans as possible. That is why we have rules like one per person per address (ie if you are one person with three addresses, you can only buy one set, if you are three people with one address, you can only buy one set) and why we will have a security guard watching for people cutting in line and people holding places for friends. Both of which will not be tolerated.

It has been suggested that we make more figures. We have. Last year there were two exclusives with a run of roughly 30 each. This year there are five exclusives with a run of 100 each. It is getting increasingly difficult to make enough exclusives to meet demand and it would not have been possible this year without Hasbro's generous involvement and the hard work of five JoeCanuck staff members. Every year the Canadian Joe Con has increased in size, status, and has been brought more and more to Hasbro's attention. Ideally some day we will be granted access to Hasbro's factories and we can make a run large enough to meet all demand both at the con and away from it. However that day has not come yet and there is no guarantee it will ever come. So for the time being, we are putting our sweat into these exclusives and appreciate the attention they get and the patience our fans show us.

Thank you for your understanding.

That being said, we will be conducting a wristband policy to those in line. This is strictly on a first-come basis, but it will ensure that your dedication to waiting outside the Convention Centre will grant you a set. These are limited to 100, but please keep in mind that there will only be about 90 available to those in line. The staff of JoeCanuck and the guests will also be guaranteed a set should they want one. If not, then those remaining will go to those in line.

We will be enforcing the one-per household rule. So bring your photo ID.

When one of the Convention Staff Members arrive, each person in line will get a wristband.
You MUST have a wristband, and have a VIP admission to be able to purchase a set.

Here's how we're hoping this will work:
Let's say 10 people are in line when we arrive. Those 10 get a wristband.
When a staff member comes out for the 2nd time, and there's another 10 people in line, then those 10 new people will also get a wristband.

Now let's say the 3rd time a staff comes out, there's 5 people near the front of the line without wristbands. The first 10 people "let them in".  They don't get one. The staff member will move to the newest batch of people and start handing them out there. If those "new" 5 people that are at the front of the line move to the back of the line, then on the 4th time out, they will get one as well, and so on.

Sound simple enough? About 20 minutes before the show opens, we will most likely start allowing those with wristbands access to the building and take care of them before opening the main doors. Maybe 10 people at a time, maybe more. We won't know until that morning. 

This is the easiest and safest way we have come up with to ensure people aren't pushing and that those that have been in line early will get their set.

Any questions, feel free to post them in this thread. But don't expect us to change our mind on this policy. We want the day to go as smoothly as possible, starting with the inevitable line up that we all know will be happening.

Thank You,
The Canadian Joe Con Staff.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE READ : Re: Canadian Joe Con Exclusives
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 06:33:38 PM »

GREAT TOPIC!!!

Thank you for putting this up.  It is great to see a well thought out and responsible response to people's questions and concerns.  I only wish more organizations were able to do this on a regular basis (info that is).  You can never have too much information for these kinds of events.

Thank you for all the hard work guys and once again GREAT work.

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 06:35:52 PM »

This is a smart and fair solution. I really appreciate all the effort that has gone in to this. :)

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 08:01:53 PM »

I've worked a lot of conventions (sdcc, wizard worlds, gencon, etc)  And I've seen numerous ways companies have gotten it wrong on how to distribute exclusives. 
Everything you guys have posted up so far shows you are well ahead of the game and everything should run smoothly. 

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 08:20:06 PM »

very cool and a great way to do things.
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!
ORING, CLASSIC & RESOLUTE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

GOLD5

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 02:41:07 AM »

You should have a big wrestling ring set up and have all the people just show up at nine am and have a full contact Kumite! Last 90 people standing get to purchase! In all seriousness, though, your method sounds very fair. I just want to get my set for me and as long as I don't have to judo-chop anybody who was 'waiting in their car' I will be happy. What if I have to pee though? Should I bring a Nestea bottle just in case?

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 08:25:33 AM »

Quote from: "GOLD5"
I just want to get my set for me and as long as I don't have to judo-chop anybody who was 'waiting in their car' I will be happy. What if I have to pee though? Should I bring a Nestea bottle just in case?

Re-Read the post again. If you have a wristband, and you're back in line by 9am, you'll get your set. As I said, we're most likely going to bring the wristband people inside the building to ensure they get their sets.

So, bring a bottle if you want. But you won't need it.
That sounds like a sure-fire way to get people to leave the line in front of you.  :lol:

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 08:30:05 AM »

OK then - any idea when you be starting to hand out wristbands?

I'm all for the wrestling ring though - pretty sure I could crack the top 90!

Paul
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
OK then - any idea when you be starting to hand out wristbands?

:shifty:

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
When one of the Convention Staff Members arrive, each person in line will get a wristband.
You MUST have a wristband, and have a VIP admission to be able to purchase a set.

Here's how we're hoping this will work:
Let's say 10 people are in line when we arrive. Those 10 get a wristband.
When a staff member comes out for the 2nd time, and there's another 10 people in line, then those 10 new people will also get a wristband.

Now let's say the 3rd time a staff comes out, there's 5 people near the front of the line without wristbands. The first 10 people "let them in".  They don't get one. The staff member will move to the newest batch of people and start handing them out there. If those "new" 5 people that are at the front of the line move to the back of the line, then on the 4th time out, they will get one as well, and so on.

master_stanley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 11:40:06 PM »

This is a vey fair way to do it I think most will go to real collectors this way. I think the line up will be much larger then last year these look so cool.

spiderpumpkin

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 01:33:18 AM »

Quote from: "THE Mikeā„¢"

Hi, after reading the April newsletter, this post and many others I'm unsure how to buy a VIP admission ticket/badge.  Are these purchased at the same time the set is purchased or do I have to buy one from you through the mail?  I wouldn't want to wait in line, get a wristband, and then find out that I had to pre-register for a VIP admission sometime before the Convention. 

Also, will the line be clearly marked for the early birds so we don't line up in the wrong place while the real line starts somewhere else?  Will there be a sign stating the line starts here.  Will the line be outside?

I am seriously considering driving to Hamilton for the convention from Minnesota because I'm off that week but I don't want to get into the wrong line or be unsure of VIP ticket requirements. 

Thanks,

Jim

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 11:40:21 PM »

I love you guys for this one.  I'm getting there around 4-4:30 after driving 11 hours.  So once I get the wristband I can take a nap in the carfor a couple hours!  Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!