JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: CUSTOM/DIO Display at 2009 CANADIAN G.I. JOE CON  (Read 3244 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
CUSTOM/DIO Display at 2009 CANADIAN G.I. JOE CON
« on: April 17, 2009, 01:05:10 PM »

We'll be displaying people's various customs and artwork, sculptures, etc at the Canadian G.I. Joe Convention again this year. These customs will be judged on throughout the day, with the top 3 customs (as voted on) will win prizes (to be determined the day of the event).

We will have a total of four 8 foot long tables to display custom figures, and for the first time vehicles and bases will be allowed! (Space permitting)

If interested in setting up a Diorama display, please contact us immediately with the size of display space you'll require. Space is limited of course, so please email the info in quickly.

The rules - must be G.I. Joe related.
Simple as that!

Examples:
If you made Luke Skywalker out of Gung Ho, it's allowed.
If you made a Storm Shadow out of a Batman figure, it's allowed.
But if you made a Hulk Hogan out of Ben10 figures, then it's not allowed.

As long as there is a G.I. Joe connection with it, it's allowed and will automatically be included in the judging!

Old customs, new customs. Customs people have seen, customs that have won you awards in the past - BRING THEM ALL!

Any questions, please post them in this thread or email me at contact@joecanuck.com

Fine print:
The Canadian G.I. Joe Convention reserves the right to remove any custom that isn't deemed "Family Friendly". The Canadian G.I. Joe Convention can not be held responsible for any missing, broken, or damaged items due to them being on display. We will have people watcing the items throughout the day, but we will not have people available the entire day. We will have a showcase to put some items in, but that will be used on a first-come, first use basis. Entry is open to every attendee, guest, volunteer, and vendor.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: CUSTOM/DIO Display at 2009 CANADIAN G.I. JOE CON
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 01:28:59 PM »

sounds fun.  As for labeling, is there a card we fill out or do we bring our own? (like a cardsize peice of paper folded in half with the figures name and creator)
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 01:50:41 PM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
sounds fun.  As for labeling, is there a card we fill out or do we bring our own? (like a cardsize peice of paper folded in half with the figures name and creator)

We "might" have blank business cards for you to all use... "Might", because, I may forget since I have so much on my mind right now. Hey, at least I'm honest. ;-)

So, if you have some bring them. But if we have some to use (in all honesty, we most likely will), then you guys can use ours.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 02:10:20 PM »

Also, to ammend my first post:

ANY scale of custom is permitted.
3 3/4" all the way to 18" tall.
This should give you Sigma and 12" customizers a reason to bring your stuff!

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 02:20:06 PM »

sweeeet i will bring 8 customs.
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!
ORING, CLASSIC & RESOLUTE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

master_stanley

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 11:51:23 PM »

Cool my 10 inch destro is almost done this will be my first every true custom I practiced on junk figures before but never truly did a custom.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 02:34:05 PM »

Ill be brining my JoeCanuck and Shiver, as well as my Night Viper Elite team the Spectres (their optics glow in the dark! and one of them has their paint scheme all in glow in the dark.)
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 02:36:23 PM »

just one more question, when its time to go or when we need to pack the customs up, will someone be monitoring (maybe presenting id) so that someone doesnt just pretend being the author and making out with the figures?

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 02:39:07 PM »

Before you display your items, you should submit a list of the customs you bring and give them to who ever is monitoring the customs at that time. When you leave, give your name to that person, and id. In otherwords, do NOT post your customs with just your username.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 02:45:42 PM »

thanks, sounds good :)