JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Why is Walmart not restocking GI Joes ?  (Read 5230 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Why is Walmart not restocking GI Joes ?
« on: March 10, 2010, 03:01:04 PM »

Hello All,
I was at 3 different Walmart Supercenters today and they have not added any new stock in months.  Since they raised the price on the figures from $5 to $9.44 they have not brought in any new stock.  I noticed this in around 8 to 9 stores in the Toronto East side area, and was wondering if anyone else has noticed this as well in their stores?  Since some of you guys are getting the info about Zellers in advance, I was hoping someone had any news about Walmarts?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Walmart not restocking GI Joes ?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 03:47:07 PM »

It's not "Toy Season". They are still trying to clear out Christmas stock. Hasbro has already said new stock won't be coming until later this year.

Only thing new I've seen is those rip cord bikes for like $16.99 and I've passed on those.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 04:01:14 PM »

Thanks for the update.  I was hoping for nicer news but I guess I must wait and just search the Internet as usual.
Lurking

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 09:26:08 PM »

Canadian Wal-Marts for Joe product is a joke.  They do not bother to re-stock after the one wave shipment, which is basically one box, has sold out.  This became apparent to me with the later waves of the 25th line.  And the same is happening with the later ROC waves.  So if you miss out on the wave, you are out of luck.   Must be that Wal-Mart got burned on earlier waves and did not want to be stuck blowing out the figures at a reduced price.   This is what Zellers is doing right now.  

I prefer to go to TRU anyways.  At least they put more than one box of a single wave and the toy isles do not look like the Tasmanian Devil ripped through .  Plus I don't have to deal with the mindless drones that shop at Wal-Mart.    
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:30:55 PM by Pete The Greek »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 08:52:41 AM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"

I prefer to go to TRU anyways.  At least they put more than one box of a single wave and the toy isles do not look like the Tasmanian Devil ripped through .  Plus I don't have to deal with the mindless drones that shop at Wal-Mart.    

I shop at Walmart.  :wink:

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 12:41:36 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
I shop at Walmart.  :wink:

My condolences.  :shifty: 

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 12:42:06 PM »

I shop at Walmart.  :wink:

I don't shop as much as I used at Walmart for toys. Love the prices, but don't like the fact that they restock in limited quantities and that just plain sucks when you don't have much time to go to the store.

And I don't mind the mindless drones, so rest assured Morg, you're okay by my books  ;D, but It's more the fact they don't have anymore those big chocolate chip cookie bags that bothers me, you know, the yellow bags that were as big as a dog bicuit bag. Hmmmm....those were go-o-o-o-od Yummy! They were gigantic and only costed 3$. I just hope that in fact they didn't place them by accident in the human's cookie section, but there were just too many of them to ignore their presence. And there was no paw or dog picture on the front, just a generic chocolate chip cookie blow-up on the yellow background.
2 + 2 = 22

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 12:56:18 PM »

I have been to several Wal-Marts across Canada.  There are mindless drones in all the ones I have visited.  Drones are the ones that major block isle areas with disregard for others, move at glacier like speeds, drive along the laneway in front of the store for no reason (considering there is plenty of parking space to drive through) etc. 

The straw that broke my back was being stuck behind some person in line who forgot wipe her ass after taking a crap.  If this is the type of clientele they attract, I rather pay the extra buck or two some where else and avoid this. 

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 01:08:34 PM »

I have been to several Wal-Marts across Canada.  There are mindless drones in all the ones I have visited.  Drones are the ones that major block isle areas with disregard for others, move at glacier like speeds, drive along the laneway in front of the store for no reason (considering there is plenty of parking space to drive through) etc. 

The straw that broke my back was being stuck behind some person in line who forgot wipe her ass after taking a crap.  If this is the type of clientele they attract, I rather pay the extra buck or two some where else and avoid this. 

I don't recall detecting foul tail pipe odors emaning from anyone in particular during Joecanuck Meet lineups. So Morg is definitely "clean" by my books, and therefore definitely not a Mindless Drone. So, sorry for involving you Morgardee, shouldn't have. What have you done to me to deserve this from me? Nothing...yet. I hope not.  :)

As for your explanation about prefering to avoid the actual mindless Drones, I agree with you Pete. It's why I prefer to shop elsewhere for my food and clothing, and at specialty toy shops. I tell myself that this way it leaves more for the rest that shop there.
2 + 2 = 22

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »

The best way to shop at Walmarts is to go first thing in the morning as they open at 7am.  I walk in and out in no time, and there is no mindless drones that early.
Lurking

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 08:20:54 PM »

I shop at Walmart.  :wink:

My condolences.  :shifty: 

Wait until you have kids. Thier brand of diapers is good quality and much cheaper then the brand name stuff.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 02:11:09 PM »

back to the topic at hand, i just returned from a uneventful trip to niagara falls ny. walmart joes $5 but the usual peg warmers, target joes $6 usual peg warmers, but got artic thret storm shadow, red fang ninja, tru joes are $7 nothing new their neather. so in my opinion bordertown usa isnt restocking neather.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.