JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Box o' Treasure!  (Read 1758 times)

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
Box o' Treasure!
« on: August 17, 2011, 11:14:39 PM »

Yesterday, while I was gone, my landlord's son (who is close in age to me) dropped off a lawnmower for me to use...and a box of GI Joes "to look at and see if they're worth anything."  I kind of inwardly rolled my eyes when he texted me about them, because oftentimes when people ask me to look at their old Joes I get a box full of broken parts, or full of common small stuff like Flight Pods, original VAMPs, and HISSes. 

Well, this box wasn't one of those!  In there was a 90% complete General with unbroken wheels and one unbroken canopy cover, a 95% complete Thunderclap, an 85% complete Equalizer with an unbroken tow rope attached, a Sky Patrol SHARC and Sky Hawk with almost perfect chrome, and (the only dud in the box) a beat-up, yellowed Skystorm X-Wing.  When I told him that he could easily get at least $200 for that box as they were, he about fell over because he said he almost threw them away when his mom found them in storage. 

He's seen some of the resto work I've done on my collection and he asked me to restore them for him so that he can share them with his future children (he's newly married).  I readily agreed, and you've gotta respect the guy for wanting to pass the love of Joe on to another generation instead of trying to make a quick buck.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

garling23

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • "If your not in it, your out of it" -Joey Ramone
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/chrismeadows
Re: Box o' Treasure!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:16:08 AM »

thats awesome! 
Great Traders:

Pete the Greek
BHT
JIN

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Box o' Treasure!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 10:00:45 AM »

Gotta get the next generation ready for joes!
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"