JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Joe Con 2015 set  (Read 15787 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Con 2015 set
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 09:42:58 PM »

why the hell is Stalker carrying an M2? He's a bleeding Ranger! (or more likely a Green Beret...)

I saw someone say that on another site.  I'm not a big weapons guy so, what is the difference? 
Lurking

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 01:39:41 AM »

well, he's a commando  infantryman, not a heavy machine-gunner. it is Roadblock's signature weapon, after all...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 05:48:55 PM »

Okay so that was the gun on the left hand.  I thought you were talking about the gun on his right.
Lurking

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 06:38:07 PM »

That Stalker is sweet.

Metal Head has been revealed.  Not bad.

As for going to the convention...I have no urge to go, considered how i was treated as a second class citizen the last time I went because I didn't register.  Also, mega phone needs to move it back to summer. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Crimson Canuck

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 12:25:19 PM »

Not going, it's just too damn expensive. Not even getting a set this year because it'll cost around $500 for the set after exchange rate and customs and that's not even including shipping. Plus other than lifeline, wreckage and recondo, the rest are too lacklustre to me and I was actually excited for this set. Other than the headsculpt on metalhead, I find him meh at best.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 05:41:41 PM »

Not going, it's just too damn expensive. Not even getting a set this year because it'll cost around $500 for the set after exchange rate and customs and that's not even including shipping. Plus other than lifeline, wreckage and recondo, the rest are too lacklustre to me and I was actually excited for this set. Other than the headsculpt on metalhead, I find him meh at best.

Agreed.  If you add up all the costs (convention set, extra figures and vehicles, hotel, meals, travel by car (or flight), customs, exchange rate), I wouldn't be shock if you dropped close to $1500 to go. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2015, 05:39:25 AM »

Agreed.  If you add up all the costs (convention set, extra figures and vehicles, hotel, meals, travel by car (or flight), customs, exchange rate), I wouldn't be shock if you dropped close to $1500 to go.

Yeah the costs have gone up and up, and the days of getting back your money by selling your sets, extras, whatever are over.  Even if you sold all your exclusives after the show you would be lucky to cover 50%.

As an aside.  I really like the look of Metal Head.  It's a shame they had to use the missile pack from POC Duke, but that was all but expected. 

I am a little worried though.  It is basically a month until the show and three of the figures revealed are Photoshop mock ups.  They should already have samples in hand to show off.  I wonder how they are doing with the port slowdowns on the west coast?  It would be a really bad deal if they weren't able to provide product at the show.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 06:50:17 PM »

I like some of the figures but the price is too high.  I would only consider getting a set if I split the cost with someone else.

And why is it every year it's the same thing with the Club's convention registration not being ready early or on time for that matter and they always blame it on the programers because they wanted to make registering better.  The way they could actually make it better is not charge a fee for registering on line especially when that is the only way you can register.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:05:12 PM by Realboss »
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Crimson Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2015, 11:55:14 PM »

CAD=$500 for the set. $800 for flight (cheapest to Springfield and 12hrs). $1150 for room (5 nights). plus food, plus cab, plus extras (if there are any left), plus tips, etc. Realistically it's closer to $3500-$5000 Canadian for me. Almost forgot the $200 fuel to get to the airport and back plus parking fees.

So..... nope. not worth it. Ordered a lifeline. might order a recondo. Save the cash for sideshow joes! :)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2015, 07:14:36 AM »

CAD=$500 for the set. $800 for flight (cheapest to Springfield and 12hrs). $1150 for room (5 nights). plus food, plus cab, plus extras (if there are any left), plus tips, etc. Realistically it's closer to $3500-$5000 Canadian for me. Almost forgot the $200 fuel to get to the airport and back plus parking fees.

So..... nope. not worth it. Ordered a lifeline. might order a recondo. Save the cash for sideshow joes! :)

Where did you order Lifeline and what's he cost?

After looking at the math on this again and seeing how much the second hand market is already flooded with pre-orders for loose figures I think I might pass on this.

Box set = $375.
Bag Set = $ 225.
Total = $600
Exchange rate today = $761.93
Divided by 30 = $25.40

Not included was shipping costs and possible taxes. So you can probably round that up to about $30 per figure (CND).

If you sell on Ebay you will be charged for the item and the shipping costs. Shipping on eBay you should ship with tacking (I've been burned before by buyers who refused it and then filed against me and got their money back so I always ship with tracking).

So to sell 1 figure and not loose money you would have to charge around $48 Canadian per figure total cost. The army builders aren't that great.

I'm not sure it's worth it.

I'll probably wait for the club to have another clearance sale and buy the box set for $250 or something like that in 2 years time.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 07:29:29 AM by morgardee »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Crimson Canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 07:58:37 PM »

Ordered from guru planet. They're a little pricey but he's the only one I really want so it's still cheaper than a full set.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2015, 11:39:12 AM »

Rumour is, it's a Tiger Force set, so what does any one expect to see?

Personally, I'm thinking:

Almost certain in main set:
Roadblock

rumoured for FSS4...
Bazooka

actually an attendee exclsuive

Lifeline

got that one

Tripwire

nope

Dusty

nope, we had Felino from Brazil as an attendee exclusive instead

Recondo

nope

Highly Likely in main set:
Tunnel Rat
Sneak-Peek

didn't get in

Big Brawler

yup

Stalker

yup

Possible in main set:
Mutt
Crosshair
Beach Head

nope

Wreckage

yup

Plausible but unlikely:
Psyche Out (in 2013's Night Force set)
Outback (in 2014 Eco Force set)
Hit&Run (in 2013 NF set)
Dial Tone (in 2011 SMB set)
Blizzard (jungle skier?)

got those right.

Alpine

actually did appear (in shorts no less) in a three-pack attendee exclusive

Jinx
Hardtop (just... no.)

got that right

Likely in an attendee set:
Skystriker
Frostbite

appeared in the same three pack with Alpine

Vehicle wise, I suspect three possibilities for the 'big ticket' item: TF Eaglehawk,

got that right

TF Ghost Hawk II or TF Black Dragon. An outer possibility is a TF Conquest X-30. Smaller vehicles: VAMP mkII modern version

they actually did a straight redo of the ARAH mkII. WTF?!

(possibly less likely since the same mould was used for the 'Rescue Ops 4x4' last year), Wolfhound (also less likely as it was the basis of the Club's HAVOC mkII), RAM cycle or one of the Arishikage bikes (the RAM seems more likely), Ghost/Sky Hawk, Fangboat as a Tiger Shark II (seems less likely since they used the Moccassin/Sting Raider for 2011's SMB Python Moccassin)

and they did use the Fangboat as Tiger Shark II.

mad possibility for para drop: Tiger Force Ripcord...

this was actually an Iron Anvil officer. The attendee two-pack were Annihilators (again!) in red, black and gold.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.