JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 470665 times)

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #264 on: October 13, 2023, 08:52:27 AM »

so jealous that you guys are sort of getting stuff. Maybe not as easily as you like.
Anyone going to be doing any reviews here?

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 13, 2023, 11:12:30 AM »

Good idea on reviews B, I might have to take that up if I can get more time.

Also for my fellow Canucks, check out TRU this weekend.  Couple things:

1) They currently have a 25% off sale on Joe.  Almost everything comes up on sale.  So if you want something try now.

2) I found TF Flint, PP Vypra and the Snow Serpent today so they may have some of the newer stuff as well.

ALSO>>>>>>>>>

If you have a new TRU location  near you check it out.  They are having a grand opening event this weekend (Fri-Sun).  So all the new locations, and only the new locations, have 10% off your purchase on top of any current sales.  So basically you can get 35% off Joes right now at those specific locations.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 15, 2023, 01:03:33 PM »

I placed my order for NF Tunnel Rat. I always liked the NF subteam and Tunnel Rat looks cool. If I knew we were getting this version so close to the original Tunnel Rat, I shouldn't have ordered his original version. Anyway, he his a good looking character.

I also ordered NF Wolf Spider. This character alone do nothing for me. But he completes well a NF team, so why not.

I know Walmart will make a sale someday, but I don't want to check everyday for a 15% or 20% off.

So, like all my other preordesr... pay, wait, wait, wait and enjoy in 2024

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 15, 2023, 05:35:09 PM »

I placed my order for NF Tunnel Rat. I always liked the NF subteam and Tunnel Rat looks cool. If I knew we were getting this version so close to the original Tunnel Rat, I shouldn't have ordered his original version. Anyway, he his a good looking character.

I also ordered NF Wolf Spider. This character alone do nothing for me. But he completes well a NF team, so why not.

I know Walmart will make a sale someday, but I don't want to check everyday for a 15% or 20% off.

So, like all my other preordesr... pay, wait, wait, wait and enjoy in 2024

Yeah I ordered one of each exclusive. 

That's the problem with Walmart exclusives. You can wait, and they could show up in stores, or you could miss them completely.  Since I'm loving the Classified line I am ok with preordering one of each instead of missing them.  If they show up in store then they show up.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 17, 2023, 01:09:30 PM »

Just had my first experience of a figure swap in one of the cardboard boxes.  Picked up the Vypra figure from Toysrus at argentia in Mississauga.  Inspected the tape and box for vandalism, only to get it home and find a Marvel Legends Mantis figure inside with no accessories.
When I returned, the employee informed me that they are aware of the issue and it is a common occurrence.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 17, 2023, 02:39:47 PM »

Just had my first experience of a figure swap in one of the cardboard boxes.  Picked up the Vypra figure from Toysrus at argentia in Mississauga.  Inspected the tape and box for vandalism, only to get it home and find a Marvel Legends Mantis figure inside with no accessories.
When I returned, the employee informed me that they are aware of the issue and it is a common occurrence.

Wow that sucks.  At least you were able to return it.  TRU has been having a policy issue with at least some stores posting they will not accept returns on collectibles, including action figures.  So it could have been a hassle for you, but thankfully not.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2023, 03:08:06 PM »

Wow did not know that.  It makes the idea of buying a figure at retail unappealing.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 19, 2023, 11:49:41 AM »

Still a bit miffed I missed out on Chuckles, even though he was pricey.  Hoping he gets a restock somehow.

He is back in stock : https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gi-joe-classified-series/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-philip-chuckles-provost-75

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 21, 2023, 09:38:03 PM »

I got my Tripwire from HasbroPulse and I'm not sure if I'm that happy...

2 helmets... but I will only use 1
2 vests... again I will only use 1
2 neck protectors, I will use none to improve head posability
His backpack can only carry 1 mine, and good luck to remove it when it's in
The mines have a peg, so they don't stay flat on a table
The vest are not easy to close. Those small rubber pegs are not collaborative...
The Mcleod robot looks good, but the treads are not working
Each vest has a small hole on the back, this tiny hole has to align with the back hole of the fig to fix the backpack.
1 arm falls off when putting on the vest.

Overall, good fig with extras accessories to jutify a higher price.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 22, 2023, 04:59:38 AM »

I got my Tripwire from HasbroPulse and I'm not sure if I'm that happy...

2 helmets... but I will only use 1
2 vests... again I will only use 1
2 neck protectors, I will use none to improve head posability
His backpack can only carry 1 mine, and good luck to remove it when it's in
The mines have a peg, so they don't stay flat on a table
The vest are not easy to close. Those small rubber pegs are not collaborative...
The Mcleod robot looks good, but the treads are not working
Each vest has a small hole on the back, this tiny hole has to align with the back hole of the fig to fix the backpack.
1 arm falls off when putting on the vest.

Overall, good fig with extras accessories to jutify a higher price.

That is disappointing to hear.  I am really looking forward to this figure, but it might be a case of "set it and forget it" where I put him together in one look and leave him that way for who knows how long.

I did pick up Firefly and Grunt on Friday.  I absolutely love Firefly and Grunt.  I can see now why people so loved Grunt. I thought he was going to be an OK figure, but man all the accessories and little details really make him a great figure.  I am disappointed in his rifle though (the one not based on the cartoon guns).  It is warped pretty badly and from what I have seen online it doesn't seem to go back to original shape even after heating.

Firefly is also an awesome figure, and so far is everything I had hoped he would be.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 22, 2023, 04:28:20 PM »

One thing I forgot about Tripwire is he has a mine detector. That accessory is long and could warp easily in production or in the box. But, it was straight. In fact, it was individualy warp carefully into a cardboard. So that part was well managed.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 23, 2023, 08:59:14 AM »

I agree with everything you said about tripwire, great figure but most of the extra bits are just going into a storage bin, never to be seen again.  The extra items that came with SnowJob made sense and he could carry them, so the higher price wasn't as noticable.

My Grunt didn't have an issue with bent accessories, so I lucked out.