JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Trip to Buffalo  (Read 10335 times)

Chinooked Canuck

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Trip to Buffalo
« on: August 19, 2004, 11:37:55 AM »

I am taking a well deserved trip to Niagra falls Buffalo. I have gotten directions to all of the walmarts,targets, and  KB toy outlets in a 50km radius from the border so I will have tons of joe shopping to do. possibly picking up a little bird and blackhawk helicopters from kb toys outlet....yeah!!!!!!.... but after that I want to do some sightseeing.

I have been to Niagra falls Ontario hundreds of times to visit family so I have seen all there is to see there. Is there anything other than the falls to see in buffalo.like national parks? a little help would be great
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
y army\'s bigger than your army!
just kiddin!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Trip to Buffalo
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 08:24:36 AM »

I usually try to get the heck out of the Buffalo area as quick as possible. I hate the vibe in that area.  And after what happened to me last time, I am not going across the border for a long time.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Chinooked Canuck

• View Profile
Trip to Buffalo
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 09:00:03 AM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
I usually try to get the heck out of the Buffalo area as quick as possible. I hate the vibe in that area.  And after what happened to me last time, I am not going across the border for a long time.

Dont tell me....rubber glove....(snap)
just kiddin!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Trip to Buffalo
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 08:04:25 PM »

One word...customs. I hate those pricks.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Chinooked Canuck

• View Profile
Trip to Buffalo
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 04:44:27 PM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
One word...customs. I hate those pricks.

Me and my girlfriend are taking her little toyota echo over the border due to the fact that I am weary of taking my truck over the border, for fear that the border people have the right to take my vehicle and tear it apart piece by piece and when they find nothing ie drugs or "weapons of mass destruction" they dont have to put it back together again. That's what really scares me. plus the fact that the american customs are armed, while the canadian customs are not......hmmmm. something is not right about that.  plus the waiting lines for customs. I hear it's sometimes like three hours to get across the border. man I hope i dont have to take a leak when im stuck in traffic. :wink: I will be sure to grab some  :timbits:  for the long line up at customs
just kiddin!

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
Trip to Buffalo
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 10:54:23 PM »

if you want to avoid lines, cross at fort erie into buffalo.  there's very little tourist traffic at that bridge, and then you can hop on the highway to head to the major attractions.  jst stay away from the downtown area at night...i dj's at a bar there for a year, and when coming home at 4am, i sometimes didn't even stop for the lights.
Wherever you go, there you are.