JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Items for Joe Canuck: The Movie  (Read 13467 times)

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Items for Joe Canuck: The Movie
« on: December 02, 2004, 10:44:06 AM »

In another thread, Loop asked if we could save styrofoam for the Cobra base set at the meet. I thought it would be worthwhile to start a new thread about what else we might need. Obviously this list will grow and evolve as we flesh out the story, but here are a few fundamentals we should consider:

Cobra:
We need a Cobra army. Most of us have been picking up the many basic Viper variants that hasbro has offered us over the past five years. And we also have the Cobra Infantry packs. So it won't be hard making a Cobra army. It will be hard keeping track of them, however. Should we assign someone known for his legion as Cobra Infantry Provider? Or maybe divide it by types of troops, like Infantry Provider, Alley Viper Provider, etc?

The Hierarchy shouldn't be hard to fill. There have been enough Cobra Commander, Destro, Zartan, Baroness, Storm Shadow, and even Mindbender figures to chose from. But, again, who is in charge and how do we keep track? What if a mint v1 Stormy someone offered breaks during shooting? Does the owner accept the loss or do we all pitch in to replace it?

Finally, the base. Raptor's Terrordrome with the Battle Planet cannon is a given, but what about the styrofoam? Will it just serve as formless blobs in the background? Should we get a styrofoam cutter to form them into mountains and snow banks?

Joe:

Everyone is more or less expected to provide their own custom figure, I think this is understood. But will these figures be interacting with established Joes? The whole team? A couple of specific characters, like the Joe Commander Hawk and Canada's liason Back-Stop? If the Joes are to use vehicles, where do these come from?

And do we have any ideas for a Joe HQ?

Technical Requirements

We need a camera, and we could use a laptop, I think. I haven't done much Dio Shooting since Gay GI Joe Theater, but I remember the massive lights we needed to get the details on the figures to show. Is there anything else we might need to get? A food table for the extras?

And finally, how are we going to keep Loop's ego in check? Ritual pandering of his ideas? Distractions from hookers? Nearby rope if we need to hog tie him?

I think that's a hefty enough list of issues for now. If anyone has opinions on the matters, feel free to provide them. And any other issues anyone else can think of should probably be brought up here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Updated!

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 10:55:38 AM »

I think we should do it by division, and most importantly, have people only bring figures that they can afford to lose. If this means an army of Neo-Vipers and Bat v3/4, so be it! We don't want a repeat of last year where at least one person went home feeling cheated. I'm not saying that peoples' figures necessarily be lost/stolen, but in these situations, there is always potential for it to happen.

I'll start by volunteering my 4 Cobra Coils figures to be part of the Cobra army. I'll be outfitting them with accessories, and a vehicle.

People should bring their own custom/non-custom figure to represent themself. It's only fair. If you don't own a single Joe that you like, why are you at this meet?

Again, I want to stress that everyone is responsible for their own Joes and that you bring your figures AT YOUR OWN RISK. It's not the "nice" way to do it, but it's the most fair. There are plenty VvV versions of important characters that don't go for $35 to fill the Cobra Hierarchy and army.

I'll also bring my camera (and software and connector cable) though I cannot provide a laptop. We should have multiple cameras in case of malfunction/battery outage. Anybody else want to bring a camera?

Edit: I'm also going to bring my Stealh Claws figure. Pete, Ed and Mike should know which one I'm talking about.

^Jon

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 01:40:10 PM »

So is my custom figure suppose to look like me or can I just pick out one of my favorite figures as say "Hey, there's Chef Morgardee"?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 03:48:10 PM »

Well, what I was thinking for the styrofoam is to build an arctic fortress surrounding the Mass Device mk II. Think of it as 'obstacles' for the Joes to infilitrate and destroy the MDII. Considering the large number in the Cobra army that we'll bring to the table, we'll need ice battle stations for them to stand around, besides guarding the central MDII.

For the Cobra Hierarchy, we should probably add a Canadian Cobra liaison...maybe Demolisher or someone new... someone that is knowledgeable to the 'special crystals' that fuel the MDII.

For the Joes...Joe Canuck members will play the major roles, with the established Joes as support. We'll definitely have Hawk and/or Duke as well as a few others...Back-stop for sure. Think of Team Joe Canuck (name could change if others are not feeling it) as a Canadian branch from the regular Joe team, which means are resource in weapons and vehicles would be the same...maybe limited :lol:

I will bring the Ghostbusters HQ which could be used as part of the HQ. We'll probably need some other things that could act as a briefing room, large motor pool, and so on.

I'll bring my 12 of my Neo-Vipers v.1. (I painted their Cobra signia gold to know they are mine). We could use some Snow Wolves and any other arctic cobra vipers for the dio-story.

Morgardee, a LBC (lazy bastard custom) will do if you can find a head that looks similar to your mugshot and place it on a body of your choice.

Cool, it seems like the dio-story is really taking form....after we decide what we need in movie,  we'll need a script to determine the time chronology and scenes that will take place.

One thing I noticed....we lack a pilot and a sea expert (if necessary) in our roll call. Any volunteers?

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 03:59:26 PM »

"Morgardee, a LBC (lazy bastard custom) will do if you can find a head that looks similar to your mugshot and place it on a body of your choice. "

It's not that I need to make a LBC but I've never tried to make or sculpt a figure that looks like myself. I have some really good customs but there just don't have my own mug shot. Honestly, I don't think I want to try to make my own head as I would be far to critical since it was suppose to be me.

As for troops, I have a few snow Viper customs and such, but not enought to make a squad. More like 4 I think, 2 different styles.

Also, I think we should have Demolishor included since he's Canadian.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 05:54:55 PM »

Okay...we should list scenes that will be in the dio-story. So far, we have:

-Cobra arctic base that houses the MDII (Charles' terrordrome)
-Joe Canuck motor pool (spray painted styrofoam?)
-Joe Canuck/Cobra? bureau/hq (Ghostbuster's Hq)

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 09:53:24 AM »

I made a bunker out of a Mage Knight mountain and a RAH 2-pack plastic blister. It's intended for Warhammer 40k but fits the GI Joe scale better.
Updated!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 02:37:34 PM »

Don't forget guys.
Any vehicles in the store here will be more than willing to participate..... just don't break them... or you'll be buying them. :shifty:
Mike

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 11:58:15 AM »

I'm not sure that I'll get done it in time, but I may be putting together a new version of the Raptordrome for the con. Don't worry though, if I don't get it done, I can set it up the old way, and if I do get it done, it will still be suitable for the movie.

Oh, and did you prefer your drome with death ray or without? It might be hard to shoot around.

- Raptor
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 01:13:21 PM »

A terrordrome's a fine piece of equipment on its own, but a Raptordome needs its death lazer.
Updated!

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 05:58:20 PM »

If you can't bring a decent custom of yourself, just bring your Joe-Canuck custom from last year. If you don't have a Joe-Canuck custom...

too bad.

^Jon

P.S. I got 2 more Coils, so we're up to 6. I'll see if I can pull out my BAT APC for them to drive around in.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 11:43:47 AM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""
A terrordrome's a fine piece of equipment on its own, but a Raptordome needs its death lazer.

Death lazer, indeed!