JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Canadian convention sets not listed on Yojoe  (Read 20622 times)

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian convention sets not listed on Yojoe
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »

You know...

If Yojoe can list these:
http://www.yojoe.com/action/convention/ ... icer.shtml
http://www.yojoe.com/action/convention/ ... iver.shtml

Then I see absolutely no reason whatsoever that the CanJoeCon sets cannot be listed, or at the very least the latest one, which IIRC did receive some sort of Hasbro support.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 08:18:34 PM »

Quote from: "Jay"
You know...

If Yojoe can list these:
http://www.yojoe.com/action/convention/ ... icer.shtml
http://www.yojoe.com/action/convention/ ... iver.shtml

Then I see absolutely no reason whatsoever that the CanJoeCon sets cannot be listed, or at the very least the latest one, which IIRC did receive some sort of Hasbro support.

Exactly..

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 09:44:45 PM »

In my eyes, only those figures endorsed, sponsored, or made by Hasbro should be added.

Our 2009 set falls into that group. But anything prior does not.

.... an argument could be made for Snowbank since Hasbro was in attendance at that event... but then, if you're going to include Snowbank, then you have to include Timbit... and no one wants that. ;-)

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
In my eyes, only those figures endorsed, sponsored, or made by Hasbro should be added.
Well... those two I linked weren't endorsed, sponsored or made by Hasbro.

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »

Quote from: "Jay"
Quote from: "THE Mike™"
Well... those two I linked weren't endorsed, sponsored or made by Hasbro.

Hehe.. go figure...

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 10:48:31 PM »

.... an argument could be made for Snowbank since Hasbro was in attendance at that event... but then, if you're going to include Snowbank, then you have to include Timbit... and no one wants that. ;-)

Yeah, sure but like I said before it's not an obligation to put them in their regular entries. Just create a new section in the Collectible Archive for that kind of figures. After all Black Ice, Joe Canuck, the Brown Water Warriors, the CustomCon Fury Force figures etc. are known troughout the world and they're is no trace of them on that site who is supposed to be the biggest Joe archive on the net..  ???

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 11:44:40 PM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"

Yeah, sure but like I said before it's not an obligation to put them in their regular entries. Just create a new section in the Collectible Archive for that kind of figures. After all Black Ice, Joe Canuck, the Brown Water Warriors, the CustomCon Fury Force figures etc. are known troughout the world and they're is no trace of them on that site who is supposed to be the biggest Joe archive on the net..  ???

Ok, first, the Brown Water Warriors are just lame. Simple swaps, no effort involved. I have ALWAYS thought them lame. Hell, Timbit is better than those. lol.

The JoeCustoms made Fury Force set, while cool (thanks to my awesome packaging skills), doesn't need to be anywhere. It's up to the owner of that set if they want their figures showcased on a site somewhere. It included a one of a kind, 2009 sketch of one of the characters (Spook) by Larry Hama. The money all went to charity, and most people don't know about it. Whoever owns it (maybe you) has the only say in it.

Black Ice, JoeCanuck, etc - I already stated. They have no right being on there in my opinion. YoJoe is an archive of the G.I. Joe figures produced from 1982 to present. GI JOE FIGURES. Not custom figures made simply because someone had a get together... if that were the case, then there's some other customs that should be put on the site like the JCnorth and JCsouth figures. The Coil figures, Alyosha's Con only pick up figures, the list would go ON and ON and ON and ON.

JoeCustoms.com showcases customs - and when you break it down, that's what these non-Hasbro involved figures are - customs. YoJoe isn't the place for them.

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 01:10:23 AM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Ok, first, the Brown Water Warriors are just lame. Simple swaps, no effort involved.
If even that... Best I can tell, Reed Rat is just an unmodified Mirage with some BBi gear added.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 05:46:13 AM »

brown water warriors?????
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 05:22:48 PM »

Ok, first, the Brown Water Warriors are just lame. Simple swaps, no effort involved. I have ALWAYS thought them lame. Hell, Timbit is better than those. lol.

The JoeCustoms made Fury Force set, while cool (thanks to my awesome packaging skills), doesn't need to be anywhere. It's up to the owner of that set if they want their figures showcased on a site somewhere. It included a one of a kind, 2009 sketch of one of the characters (Spook) by Larry Hama. The money all went to charity, and most people don't know about it. Whoever owns it (maybe you) has the only say in it.

Black Ice, JoeCanuck, etc - I already stated. They have no right being on there in my opinion. YoJoe is an archive of the G.I. Joe figures produced from 1982 to present. GI JOE FIGURES. Not custom figures made simply because someone had a get together... if that were the case, then there's some other customs that should be put on the site like the JCnorth and JCsouth figures. The Coil figures, Alyosha's Con only pick up figures, the list would go ON and ON and ON and ON.

JoeCustoms.com showcases customs - and when you break it down, that's what these non-Hasbro involved figures are - customs. YoJoe isn't the place for them.

Yes I'm in agreement with you on this one (I don't want to see them in the regular entries) but do you think it's possible for YoJoe to create a brand new section in the Collectible Archive where we could find all these figures (only the ones created for conventions or special events) in one spot? I don't know, I think it's a great idea....maybe not.. :-

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
  • phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2010, 06:37:13 PM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"

Yes I'm in agreement with you on this one (I don't want to see them in the regular entries) but do you think it's possible for YoJoe to create a brand new section in the Collectible Archive where we could find all these figures (only the ones created for conventions or special events) in one spot? I don't know, I think it's a great idea....maybe not.. :-

yojoe.com already has a convention section to their archive, and there are already Hasbro endorsed customs used for conventions in that archive.  The Desimone police officer and the undercover Jinx are two examples of those. 

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2010, 07:23:40 PM »

Quote from: "roshan"
yojoe.com already has a convention section to their archive, and there are already Hasbro endorsed customs used for conventions in that archive.  The Desimone police officer and the undercover Jinx are two examples of those. 

First, the race car driver and police officer are not endorsed by Hasbro.. so I don't know what they're doing there.  ??? Btw Mike, Timbits is a better custom than these two..  ;D
Second, I don't want them to put the con figures in their regular convention section (Hasbro endorsed figures) but in a new one under the Collectible Archive section of their site where everyone could take a look at these fantastic collectibles..