JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: PoC at TRU  (Read 9375 times)

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: PoC at TRU
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 02:40:20 PM »

Bayview and 7 had POC, my first time finding Shockies in the wild, sorry I had to clear them out as I barely had any.  Lots of $3 ROC as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 03:22:13 PM »

I'm pretty sure the local TRU stock boys scavenge the Joes before they hit the shelves.  The manager maybe in on it too.  I discovered this when I was looking for the ROC exclusives Bench Press and Snow Serpent, they were reported seen at the TRU and were gone when I got there so I asked the manager if they had anymore left that weren't put on the shelves yet.  He told me they were sold out, but for some reason, maybe the disappointment he saw in my eyes or the fact he knew I was a true fan because just a week earlier we had a big conversation about the ROC Arctic Snake Eyes and how cool he was, he went to the stock room and came back with a bunch of Serpents and Benchys.  I was a little confused after he just told me they didn't have any.  He told me they were overstock held for other stores(I found a little strange they weren't delivered to those stores)  he said he wasn't suppose to do this but I could have one of each.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »

The TRU at Victoria Park and Lawrence just got in a revision case!  LOW-LIGHT is mine finally! I finally got him in the wild.  It is nice to know I get all the figs from Hal but nothing beats the feeling of finding a fig on the peg!

I left 1 AV, 1 JV, 2 Shockies, Skydive and the rest of them.  hopefully they are still there but I would not hold my breath!
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 01:26:58 PM »

The TRU at Cedabrae Mall has WAVE 5 figs out!  I picked up the 2 BATs and left 2 Steel Brigades, 2 Blue Shirts and they also had a Alley Viper and Jungle Viper.
Lurking

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 09:40:49 AM »

Thanks for the heads up, I missed out on wave 5 online, so I ended up heading there and picked up Hawk, the 2 blue shirts, and the 2 steel brigades.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 09:51:36 AM »

That is great! I will check out the TRU at Victoria Park and Lawrence today so I hope they will have more there!
Lurking

Laird

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 03:25:58 PM »

Nice! And right when I decided I wanted a Blowtorch for a custom. I'll check Dufferin Mall and report back.

Laird

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 06:12:12 PM »

Dufferin Mall TRU has wave 5. I grabbed all the Blowtorch's but everyone else is there (at least 2 of each).

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 04:02:10 PM »

TRU Vaughan mills had 3 bloworches and 4 cobra commanders. Passed on those. I'm looking for steel brigade and the cobra trooper, and maybe hawk if i like him in person. Of course they were all gone. Hopefully the blowtorches and CCs sell through and they bring in more cases.

The new walmart in Maple didn't even have a place for GI Joe figures when i went in last week. Talk about a let down after thinking that since wave 5 is hitting and they're a new store... is walmart done with GI Joe for now?

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 11:28:10 AM »

TRU in Barrie has Wave 5.  Looks like they got one case.  Everything was there except for the Steel Brigades.

sylum69

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 08:08:11 PM »

Just an FYI for anyone in Toronto, I just came back from TRU in Dufferin Mall and they had quite a few Joes. I saw two shock troopers, two steel brigades, two jungle bats, two cobra commanders, a whole bunch of blowtorches, a few beachheads and dukes, and a couple of skydives. Get them while you can!

There was nothing at Walmart.

sylum69

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 12:44:14 AM »

TRU across Sherway Mall in West End Toronto had 8 full pegs of POC figures with tons of variety. I was finally able to pick up a Low Light.