Canadian Sightings & Provincial News > All Across Canada

G.I. Joe Retaliation at Toys R Us

(1/4) > >>

SnowHawk:
http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3529714

toysrus.com (too bad it's not toysrus.ca) have pre-order available for G.I. Joe Retaliation figures and vehicles.

Hopefully we'll see them in Canada soon.

The shipping date listed is May 28/12.

ARROW:
My source says that these toys will appear on TRU shelves come may 28th. My local store already has the vehicles in the back area. Figures are inbound.

condor knight:
I have the delta vehicles in stock and all the rest on the way

ARROW:
My source at TRU tells me the Retaliation figures are in the stockroom as of today--at my local store. They do have a street date that is supposed to be adhered to--the aforementioned May 28th.
Its hard to say how well the product will sell--I was told that the initial reaction is that some of it is interesting, and some is ho-hum. My source tells me that a manager said that if the stuff doesn't sell much within about 3 months time--then it'll get discounted. That is likely an off-hand comment, and not an official policy though, so expect things to be different store-to-store.

canprime:

--- Quote from: ARROW on May 12, 2012, 02:51:30 AM ---My source at TRU tells me the Retaliation figures are in the stockroom as of today--at my local store. They do have a street date that is supposed to be adhered to--the aforementioned May 28th.
Its hard to say how well the product will sell--I was told that the initial reaction is that some of it is interesting, and some is ho-hum. My source tells me that a manager said that if the stuff doesn't sell much within about 3 months time--then it'll get discounted. That is likely an off-hand comment, and not an official policy though, so expect things to be different store-to-store.

--- End quote ---

Let's hope that TRU follows the same pattern that has occured recently, intentional or not.  That is releasing stuff and either having a sale at the same time, or a week later.  That or a sale at the same time as a media release.  I'm thinking back to MP Rodimus being released during a 30% off sale and The Avengers toys getting a 30% off sale the week it opens.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version