JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: HI$$TANK.COM  (Read 34235 times)

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: HI$$TANK.COM
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2008, 08:18:01 AM »

If my name were Fran, I would have control issues too.

:chicken:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Dr.Mind

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2008, 10:16:51 AM »

Tony B owns both sites. Destro works for Tony B and Tony makes all the rules. I don't know specifically about being able to link to other sites on the message boards but all those other things you all have been talking about have happend many times on 2005 just like they happen on HT. I don't need to ask someone else as I have witnessed them myself. The only difference is when they happend on 2005 it never had a direct impact on you so you never bothered to notice or care but now that it's more directly effected you with GIJoe you have started to take notice, but its stilll not going to change anything.

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2008, 02:56:31 PM »

Well, I no longer visit there which I barely did in the first place.  I never liked the idea you had to sign up as a member to even view things.  I don't click any links to the site since I can find the exact same news from where [s:3gvr1il8]they stole[/s:3gvr1il8] it originated.   :lol:

To me its more about making noise to get them to change their policies and join the rest of the community as a whole.
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2008, 04:26:37 PM »

Someone on the HT boards should call them out on this:

JoeCanuck.com
New Joe AND COBRA 5 Pack Images!
Posted Today at 12:43:58 PM by Stealth Viper

Hi$$tank board
New Joe 5-pack images
Today, 02:05 PM by Roadblock Recall

Hi$$Tank.com Front Page
Posted on 11-14-2008 at 04:36 PM by DESTRO

There was a referral link on the thread that Roadblock Recall posted, then another link to us on another post in the same thread. Suddenly it gets posted as front page news - and all links to us (the original posters) are gone!? But... Credit goes to Roadblock Recall, not for finding them here and posting them there, but for making the post in the first place I guess??

I thought they said they do allow posts that inform others of relevant news? THIS would be - no?

Lt Storm

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2008, 04:38:15 PM »

Wow...just wow...  ::)

Why don't they want to be part of the community?  It's not like they are the premier site for Joe news anyway.

What is so hard about making friends with the rest of the Joe boards?

Oh no, you might have to give someone else credit for something.  :o
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

maulsballs

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2008, 04:44:36 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mikeā„¢"
Someone on the HT boards should call them out on this:

JoeCanuck.com
New Joe AND COBRA 5 Pack Images!
Posted Today at 12:43:58 PM by Stealth Viper

Hi$$tank board
New Joe 5-pack images
Today, 02:05 PM by Roadblock Recall

Hi$$Tank.com Front Page
Posted on 11-14-2008 at 04:36 PM by DESTRO

There was a referral link on the thread that Roadblock Recall posted, then another link to us on another post in the same thread. Suddenly it gets posted as front page news - and all links to us (the original posters) are gone!? But... Credit goes to Roadblock Recall, not for finding them here and posting them there, but for making the post in the first place I guess??

I thought they said they do allow posts that inform others of relevant news? THIS would be - no?

Now what I don't get is that Hasbro sent out these images, and it seems that all the sites get them the same day. One usually gets them up first, and then they start filtering up one by one. So, why is is that everyone thinks that Hisstank is the only one stealing them, and not the other sites too like YoJoe? I checked and they also seem to have them. So, did YoJoe steal them too? I understand the argument about the not linking, I certainly see why there is a fuss over that, I just don't see why one site is charged with stealing images andothers aren't. And if they are, why doesn't everyone just watermark them so it would be apparent that they were taken from another site.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 04:47:04 PM by maulsballs »

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2008, 04:47:03 PM »

Quote from: "maulsballs"

Now what I don't get is that Hasbro sent out these images, and it seems that all the sites get them the same day. One usually gets them up first, and then they start filtering up one by one. So, why is is that everyone thinks that Hisstank is the only one stealing them, and not the other sites too like YoJoe? I checked and they also seem to have them. So, did YoJoe steal them too?

You are 100% correct.

Where HT went wrong was crediting the poster of the thread pointing here, then editing his thread, pointing to their own images, basically discrediting the link he posted, as well as the source of the post.

The same thing was posted in Yojoe's Forums, but when they posted the pics they didn't edit the forum thread, or credit the poster of that thread for the pics.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

maulsballs

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2008, 04:48:56 PM »

Quote from: "Stealth Viper"

Now what I don't get is that Hasbro sent out these images, and it seems that all the sites get them the same day. One usually gets them up first, and then they start filtering up one by one. So, why is is that everyone thinks that Hisstank is the only one stealing them, and not the other sites too like YoJoe? I checked and they also seem to have them. So, did YoJoe steal them too?

You are 100% correct.

Where HT went wrong was crediting the poster of the thread pointing here, then editing his thread, pointing to their own images, basically discrediting the link he posted, as well as the source of the post.

The same thing was posted in Yojoe's Forums, but when they posted the pics they didn't edit the forum thread, or credit the poster of that thread for the pics.
Okay, that I get.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2008, 04:49:23 PM »

Now what I don't get is that Hasbro sent out these images, and it seems that all the sites get them the same day. One usually gets them up first, and then they start filtering up one by one. So, why is is that everyone thinks that Hisstank is the only one stealing them, and not the other sites too like YoJoe?

To add what Stealth said - goto www.joesightings.com - you'll see they are hosting the images themselves, but they gave us full credit for posting and annoucing them. They're not trying to make it seem like THEY got the images, they're being honest.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2008, 04:50:51 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"

To add what Stealth said - goto www.joesightings.com - you'll see they are hosting the images themselves, but they gave us full credit for posting and annoucing them. They're not trying to make it seem like THEY got the images, they're being honest.

To be fair, it's entirely possible that joesightings.com didn't get the pics direct and took them from here/linked them from here, and thus gave us the credit.

Regardless, I'm just happy to see the new pics! Enough inter-forum bickering!
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

maulsballs

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2008, 04:51:32 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Now what I don't get is that Hasbro sent out these images, and it seems that all the sites get them the same day. One usually gets them up first, and then they start filtering up one by one. So, why is is that everyone thinks that Hisstank is the only one stealing them, and not the other sites too like YoJoe?

So, does that mean that everyone does not get them? I LONG ago worked on a Star Wars site that I will not mention, and Hasbro sent out promo images to all the sites, is that not how it works anymore? Or maybe because the Star Wars team is different that the Joe team?

Lt Storm

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2008, 04:53:18 PM »

Hasbro sometimes likes to give little exclusives to certain sites, or send them the images first before others.  I think in an attempt to make everyone feel special.