JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: HI$$TANK.COM  (Read 34142 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: HI$$TANK.COM
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2008, 04:57:34 PM »

Quote from: "maulsballs"
So, does that mean that everyone does not get them? I LONG ago worked on a Star Wars site that I will not mention, and Hasbro sent out promo images to all the sites, is that not how it works anymore? Or maybe because the Star Wars team is different that the Joe team?

Most bigger sites do get them, as far as I know. Who is and isn't on that list exactly, I don't know.  Yojoe, TNI and Hiss Tank all have them up, as do we. It's fair to think they all got them, and posted them when they could. That's all fine and good, and no one has a problem with that, as far as I know.

Going back to what I said earlier, it's the editing of the thread to make it seem like it never happened that is the source of the animosity of some.

A lot of times I don't get to the pics before they are up elsewhere. Typically I won't even host them here then, just either 1) Point to whoever does have them (typically Yojoe or TNI) or 2) Join the discussion over at that board.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 05:08:34 PM by Stealth Viper »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

AirborneRigger

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2008, 02:27:12 PM »

Quote from: "Stealth Viper"
Quote from: "THE Mike?"

To add what Stealth said - goto www.joesightings.com - you'll see they are hosting the images themselves, but they gave us full credit for posting and annoucing them. They're not trying to make it seem like THEY got the images, they're being honest.

To be fair, it's entirely possible that joesightings.com didn't get the pics direct and took them from here/linked them from here, and thus gave us the credit.

Regardless, I'm just happy to see the new pics! Enough inter-forum bickering!
We make sure to give credit where credit is due when reporting new info on Joesightings.com. And I'm the one that posted that. I'm just a News Writer on joesightings.com so I don't have the contacts that the moderators may have, so I have to get my news from other sources but I do cite them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

ct nightviper

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2008, 10:38:23 AM »

id like to say its all bollocks if you ask me what THEY are doing and premoting is wrong i even asked to be removed from the site cause they are killing the community and notice how i refuse to mention that site by name they dont deserve it

Hisscommander

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theterrordrome.com
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2008, 09:09:15 AM »

hey guys, new to this site. Im here in the states but i feel your His Stank burn all the way.

I was a member of the Stank for a long time. I had over 2000+ posts, a page or so of positive feedback and no infractions.

I got into an altercation at toyark.com which is the newest site owned by the Stank staff and am now blackballed from all sites owned by them.

without warning i was IP banned from all sites, and all my posts and profiles were deleted. all of this was done by the man himself, DESTRO (or douchetro as i call him)

this is what i received:

"DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear HissCommander,

You have received a new private message at LINK REMOVED - G.I. Joe from DESTRO, entitled "You are being Banned Final Notice".

This is the message that was sent:
I am Ip banning you from both Hiss Tank and ToyArk for Rules violations."

now as far as i know i didnt break any rules on the stank, because for 1 i wasnt even logged in at them time.

I sent an email to Douchetro asking WTF? and this is what i got:

"I own both sites, what you do on one is the same as the other. Did you really think acting out to a MOD for simply for doing a his job was a good idea knowing the sites are connected?

Not a very smart since the rules are the same on the tank.

Honestly what did you think was going to happen?

so pretty much "i own everything i do what i want sucks to be you"

These guys are a waste of time. They piss all over the fans because they think there is enough of them that they can do whatever they want. They steal peoples info, copyrighted material, and more claiming it theirs and then delete anything to do with other sites and BAN anyone who brings this problem up.

the site seems to be strictly for profit, and to be the "biggest and best" site around.

I am also a member of a number of smaller joe sites and the hatred for the stank seems to be growing and growing.

the Stanks "dont bite the hand that feeds" attitude is very misguided as the fans are the hand that feed. Without all the fan hits and traffic you loose your sponsors and your site is useless and little Fran is just another douche bag sitting on his computer writing blogs about how the world is out to get him and the government is evil or something.

I remember that joecanuck fiasco over at the tank.

i like the "We are not allowed to advertise un-sponsored sites" yet they front page info from un-sponsored sites all the time.

The thing that cracks me up is they monitor all these joe sites that are "un-sponsored" and any new info that pops up on they post on their site as their own?

one big thing i noticed was they will take pics from TNI and other toy sites and edit out the watermark or copyright and post them on the site saying "look what i found" yet if you post anything from those sites they delete the post and infract you?

I urge any collector and/or joe fan to avoid them at all costs. They are the problem with toy collecting. We are an open community that shares info, events, and items without bias.

To separate yourself from the community calling everyone else bad and claiming everything as your own is the wrong way to go and is a terrible bash to all collectors.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 09:11:33 AM by Hisscommander »

Wild Weasel

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2008, 10:01:06 AM »

Like I said over at the TD, sorry this happened to you. It's just becoming more and more obvious they are out of control over there. Their ego is not being kept in check and it's pouring over. We need to stand strong as a community, that is what will help us ALL prevail.

Lt Storm

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2008, 10:11:44 AM »

I can't believe this is still going on.   :o  You'd think with all the "bad press" they are getting and the bans on mentioning and or linking them on other sites would make them check themselves.   ???

They obviously do not care about having a bad rep.
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2008, 10:28:26 AM »

Controversy creates cash. It's a proven fact.  :lol:

What boggles my mind, is if Hasbro doesn't like HT posting images, or using the HT name, likeness, images, - all copyrights owned by Hasbro - WHY does Hasbro include HT as one of teh sites to "ask questions". ??

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2008, 11:00:42 AM »

I was shocked to read they had questions submitted.
I have 0 use for that site, and their backwards narrow minded way of doing things.

Wild Weasel

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2008, 01:15:19 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Controversy creates cash. It's a proven fact.  :lol:

What boggles my mind, is if Hasbro doesn't like HT posting images, or using the HT name, likeness, images, - all copyrights owned by Hasbro - WHY does Hasbro include HT as one of teh sites to "ask questions". ??

Who said this? It is my understanding that Fran is friends with one of the VP's there. I doubt any "ruling" will come down on them.

Hisscommander

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2008, 09:23:48 PM »

lol i just got an email from my buddy telling me that a thread i started just got front paged even though they banned the hell out of me.  Funny thing though they credited it to some other people even though im the OP
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 09:28:46 PM by Hisscommander »

FastFord58

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2008, 08:16:51 PM »

lol douchetro.

Anyway, I do go there as part of my daily webpage routine, but post as little as possible. Actually, I'm a totally different user name there, which is odd for me. I guess I had a premonition about that place. It always seemed a bit corporate...like the Microsoft of Joe sites.