JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Target In Canada  (Read 12860 times)

Collectorman

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Target In Canada
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 04:37:25 PM »

Quote from: ""morgardee""
2 years ago in Jamaica, standing in line for my food I leaned over and told someone their food was ready. The Jamaican girl/cook behind the counter and said something along the lines of "Thank you. That was nice of you. Are you Canadian?"

I've had the same happen to me in Scotland. I went into a pub and they asked me if I was American. I said, "Nope, I'm from Canada." They bought me beer for the entire night! When I asked them what they would have done if I was American, they replied, "We would have thrown you out."

Back on topic: Does anyone remember Towers? The one in Hamilton was always packed with new and old GI Joe items.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
UCK!

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Target In Canada
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2004, 07:49:09 AM »

you re right 'bout that Zellers is a mess...never found anything there since the 80's
Say no to AFA.

Tattoo Shane

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tattoosandtoys.com
Target In Canada
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004, 07:48:10 AM »

F*** Wal-Mart and F*** Target.

If you really don't like the Americanization of Canada then here's a simple solution...don't shop at American chains. Put your collection aside for a second, grab some morals or ethics and take a stand against all of this American consumerism and predatory marketing. If more people took a stand against this stuff ands refused to give in to the easy, cheap way for the sake of making their lives easier, we wouldn't be losing our Canadian stores.

Sorry if that was harsh but i'm tired of listening to people whine about things but never having the balls to do anything about it lest it interfere with saving a few almighty dollars.
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Target In Canada
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 09:39:09 AM »

:shock:

Not that I don't agree with you Shane.... but  :shock:

Mike

Chinooked Canuck

• View Profile
Target In Canada
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2004, 10:06:41 AM »

Quote from: ""Tattoo Shane""

American consumerism and predatory marketing. If more people took a stand against this stuff ands refused to give in to the easy, cheap way for the sake of making their lives easier, we wouldn't be losing our Canadian stores.

Sorry if that was harsh but i'm tired of listening to people whine about things but never having the balls to do anything about it lest it interfere with saving a few almighty dollars.

I thinks it's already a little too late for that..... :|

All we have to do is refuse to be sucked into a marketing campaign.
y army\'s bigger than your army!
just kiddin!

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Target In Canada
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 10:59:07 AM »

If you really don't like the Americanization of Canada then here's a simple solution...don't shop at American chains. Put your collection aside for a second, grab some morals or ethics and take a stand against all of this American consumerism and predatory marketing. If more people took a stand against this stuff ands refused to give in to the easy, cheap way for the sake of making their lives easier, we wouldn't be losing our Canadian stores.

Actually, I do make a stand. I never go to walmart. I buy my stuff at some little stores like legends for instance. Sure I might pay a few bucks more for the same toy but heck I'll stand by the little guy and not by the big company!!! I hate that big company that thinks that it owns the world.
Say no to AFA.

Tattoo Shane

• View Profile
Target In Canada
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 11:38:19 AM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
:shock:

Not that I don't agree with you Shane.... but  :shock:

Mike

Heh heh....sorry, i've been told i have the subtlety of a sledgehammer sometimes and i guess the lack of sleep this week took it's toll this time around. Sorry to any who may have construed that as an attack on them as that was not the case....i just hate corporations a teensy bit. ;)
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

Techno Viper T-17

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Target In Canada
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2004, 11:32:26 PM »

Zellers never has cared about their toy department. The one in Kingston, or was it Brockville, still has at least 3 Optimal Optimuses on clearance for the low, low price of $45. That $45 for a toy thats been on the shelves for about 6 years!

I recently got a couple of Gundam figures at one that I had had my eye on since before Christmas! I don't think there has been a toy shipment to any of the three in my area in six months. Do you know how tired I get of looking at the exact same toys on every visit. I activily collect three things: Joes, Gundam, and Zoids. None of which are carried anymore.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Target In Canada
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2004, 08:15:26 AM »

I might go by Zeller today. I dont have any expectations though. All they seem to have is like Max Steel (which is only a pissed off Ken doll) a Gung Ho vs Destro pack and a few other figures that are there since...ever. The only thing that is kinda moving seems to be the super hero figures...
Say no to AFA.

Chinooked Canuck

• View Profile
Target In Canada
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2004, 12:32:28 PM »

Quote from: "Techno Viper T-17"
Zellers never has cared about their toy department. quote]

I hear that, I work as a designer for a company that produces displays and fixtures for retail stores, we were bidding on a project for the Zellers, Toy department. it was really nice looking what we were going to do, really gives off that little kid feeling when you walk into the department, but Zellers being cheap as they are, we dident get the job, and since then I havent seen anything new for the toy department since then, and that was at least 1.5 years ago. I guess the program was canceled..... guess that just proves your point to a T.

there trying to compete with the big boys, but playing with little boy rules....... I can only imagine what there head office is like...... :?
y army\'s bigger than your army!
just kiddin!

Tattoo Shane

• View Profile
Target In Canada
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2004, 12:45:34 PM »

So, i've heard rumours to the effect that Target is looking to take over The Bay here in Canada which means for sure that two of our long standing Canadian chains will now be US owned and it's entirely possible that both could end up going the way of the dodo and all our Bays and Zellers' will be converted to Targets...

Again, it's just a rumour at this point but i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it happened...... :(
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Target In Canada
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2004, 01:03:55 PM »

So, i've heard rumours to the effect that Target is looking to take over The Bay here in Canada which means for sure that two of our long standing Canadian chains will now be US owned and it's entirely possible that both could end up going the way of the dodo and all our Bays and Zellers' will be converted to Targets...(

I'd expect Zellers to become Target and the Bay to stay the Bay...... but that's just what I'd do.... if I could afford to buy out Zellers and the Bay that is.... and if I owned Target..... and was American..... you know?

Mike