JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: How do you rate the POC Jungle Viper?  (Read 2659 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
How do you rate the POC Jungle Viper?
« on: October 05, 2010, 06:47:49 PM »

Well I have one so far.  I had to open it and play.  Unfortunately that may have been a mistake. 

I really loved this figure from all the early pics to the reviews and packaged shots.  However once I was able to get my hands on one it turned out I didn't find the figure that great after all.  I think it is a nicely done figure with a good, not great gun.  With all the great accessories and guns that have been appearing with figures lately I might have expected too much.  The gun is extremely long, and based on a real life gun, but it doesn't seem particularly detailed to me.  The night vision goggles that seemed so cool now seem a little too long and don't sit very well on the head.  The camo is cool, but I actually find it hinders the figures mobility and any really good positioning with the gun.

Don't get me wrong I like the figure and will get a few, but I was  surprised by my lack of enthusiasm.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: How do you rate the POC Jungle Viper?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 07:14:47 PM »

well I don't have one, so I'm taking your word on it; however with all the camo I do believe a lack of mobility is a good thing. nothing worse then a moving bush  :P.
I agree about the optics though, much to long.

Anyone else think the camo could be customized into the wings of Archangel from the X-Men? For some reason that's the first thing I think of whenever I see a picture of the jungle viper.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 10:12:53 PM »

I did not open mine yet, but i was thinking of painting it with a few mods and make an Arctic-Viper...
Lurking

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 08:53:05 AM »

I haven't seen one in person yet...
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 10:50:22 AM »

I have 3 right now :) there are some flaws in the figure.  From a play stand point, its limited.  But as a display or dio piece I really love it.  The color scheme and ghillie suit are really cool and the sculpting is excellent.  The gripes/flaws are mainly the visor being hard to get on for some of the figures, the lack of mobility, and the rifle is nice but it is a tad cumbersome and using 2 colors for the rifle makes me scratch my head, Ill prob have to paint the barrel black.  But once you get it posed its fantastic.  Id give it an 8/10
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 04:05:37 PM »

The original photos for the figure are better than the store version.  I was never a huge fan of this figure to begin with because of the huge gun, over sized optic sites and the Bandi camo suit design.  I have one so far and I probably will keep it that way even when I receive my case from Condor.  So I'll have two extras if someone wants them.  Would love to trade one for an Alley Viper.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 06:39:31 PM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
I have 3 right now :) there are some flaws in the figure.  From a play stand point, its limited.  But as a display or dio piece I really love it.  The color scheme and ghillie suit are really cool and the sculpting is excellent.  The gripes/flaws are mainly the visor being hard to get on for some of the figures, the lack of mobility, and the rifle is nice but it is a tad cumbersome and using 2 colors for the rifle makes me scratch my head, Ill prob have to paint the barrel black.  But once you get it posed its fantastic.  Id give it an 8/10

The 2 colours for a gun doesn't bug me and actually makes sense for blending purposes. On the show Top Sniper (Military channel) they say that black should never be used when in camo since nothing in nature is black. I'm going to assume their right. Obviously that probably only matters during daylight hours. Don't quote me on it though as I had to change the channel shortly after my wife came in the room.

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 09:12:02 AM »

I too was originally excited about this figured, but after seeing one instore, I decided to pass on it. Picked up Dusty and Zartan instead. Them both of them are sweet!

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 08:10:47 PM »

I opened one of my jungle vipers last night. First of the PoC I've opened. Very cool figure. I really like his camo thingy-majiggies. They're fun to mess with. Sure it's a little finnicky, but I'm happy with it. You can also make it stand on its own like a little pup tent.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 08:25:31 PM »

The more I look at and handle the figure, the more I like it.  Take away the extra long gun barrel and you have a pretty cool anti-armor rifle.   The sculpt and design of the figure are top notch.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!