JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Wave 4 and 5  (Read 13587 times)

Colonel Abernathy

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/sabulicious
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2004, 04:18:11 PM »

Quote from: ""Damed Viper""
Quote from: ""Colonel Abernathy""
Quote from: ""morgardee""
Weeee! That's awesome news. Pay day is Friday so hopefully by the weekend these will start showing up in Ontario.

Just picked up w4 from wallyworld in St. Catharines (near Niagara Falls)

Just hit the 4th ave Walmart in St.Catharines.

They restocked on wave 3, but no wave 4. Perhaps you are thinking of the wrong wave?

Nope.  When they stock new waves they usually get maybe one box in for some unknown reason...this means 2 of each 2-pack (except the short-packed set, I think this time it's Kam and SS).  I bought one set, which leaves only one other set for rabid scalpers to get.  I'm positive it was wave 4 because I got Billy, Tyrone, George Strawhacker, Dicky Sapperstein, Ramone, Wade Collins (w/removable Crimson Guard spytroops gear), The Hard & Soft Masters, Mangler and Cool Breeze  :lol:

Well maybe not those figures exactly:thumbsup:   But yeah it was definitely wave 4.  I think the Razor Trooper/Sand Scorpion (w/Neurotoxin colours) 2-pack is still there, so technically there is a bit of wave 4 left...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Sabu

Check out my music:

www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2004, 06:50:57 PM »

Cheked walmart LaSalle today, still NO wave 4 :(
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2004, 07:06:20 PM »

Checked some WalMarts in Mississauga this week (including one today) didn't see anything - and since wave 5 is already out in the US, and most of the stores have stocked up for Christmas I am really hoping these waves didn't pass us by.

Colonel Abernathy

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/sabulicious
w4 Gung-Ho
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2004, 06:17:29 PM »

I picked up my remaining w4 VvV figs off layaway yesterday (yeah I was THAT broke when they came in :D )  and I gotta say, despite the action-attack, Gung-Ho is great!  I switched his gun to the M4 w/shotgun attachment and he looks real kick-ass.  I think if/when this fig gets fitted with an O-ring it'll be near perfect.  Link has already become my VvV Quick Kick after I gave him w4 Snake Eyes' pseudo-chucks.  I thought I would dislike this figure but I really think it's good now.  Wild Weasel is cool, but I wish Hasbro had added a few more paint apps, especially on all the sculpted Cobra symbols.  I also hope the Night Adder shows up here at some point, the only Cobra machine I have is the BTR Night Raven (which VvV WW is piloting now, looks pretty good actually but I'd prefer the Adder).  Night Creeper is suitably creepy 8) ; even though they aren't in the movie I like how their filecards mention they are the DNA thieves.  Since their drones did the evil deed in the movie it's technically true.  And w4 Snake Eyes looks great in black, that mold really smokes now but as the guy from gneralsjoes mentioned, his hands get all fubared from being tied down to the handlebars in the package.  The bike looks good and of course was an essential part of that cool ninja scene.  Now that I have the whole w4 assortment, I'd say that this wave has overall been the best so far in the VvV line.
Sabu

Check out my music:

www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2004, 11:17:20 PM »

with canadian packaging this wave should appear in retail. I havent hit tru for a while so maybe they did stock on the newer figures for those who didnt get their wave 4 figs yet.

On my side I should go by legends this week to see whats left.
Say no to AFA.

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Wave 4 and 5
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2004, 06:31:47 PM »

Redmao PM to tell me what legends has left i'm still missing some figs
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers