JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: First look at G.I. Joe Retaliation figures  (Read 19693 times)

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: First look at G.I. Joe Retaliation figures
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2012, 09:02:18 AM »

toyfair12preview.cfm

I really want the John MaClane, Rock and NYCC exclusive Lady Jaye.  The grey ninja is great too.  The others are kinda meh.

Just wanted to correct myself, Lady Jaye will not be a NYCC exclusive, it was misinformation.  She will be in wave 3.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2012, 12:54:18 PM »

One of the figures I really want is the Storm Shadow. I didn't get a chance to get the Renegades Storm Shadow :(

His is AWESOME! Oh well...

It looks like this version will be a awesome as well.  Anyone get the Renegades Storm Shadow? Tell me about him please....He's like going for $45+ on Ebay.

:(
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2012, 04:33:24 PM »

One of the figures I really want is the Storm Shadow. I didn't get a chance to get the Renegades Storm Shadow :(

His is AWESOME! Oh well...

It looks like this version will be a awesome as well.  Anyone get the Renegades Storm Shadow? Tell me about him please....He's like going for $45+ on Ebay.

:(

The figure is very nice. I bought mine from one of my local comic shops--I was Johnny-on-the-spot to get him because they tend to post their weekly incoming shipments (via Comixology) and that tipped me off. Mark-up was reasonable, I think $11.99 was what I paid. Oddly enough, they had a couple of SS stick around on the pegs for about a week, but right when I was going to go back and get him--they sold the last one. Don't get excited--this was back in January or whenever--they are long gone now. Sorry.

The figure itself is great--the review on General-joes spells out everything, and I agree with their review. The variety of tiny parts is the only "drawback"--but having them ups the appeal of the figure. The hands are a brilliant design--they can hold anything in the arsenal that SS comes with and many items can be held in somewhat unique grips. Yes, he can hold two of the throwing stars in a single hand, between the fingers. Sculpt is detailed and POAs work excellently throughout.

Look, I know you are probably stewing in the juice right now, but my GUESS is we'll see this figure released again, likely before the movie line hits. Walmart is just starting to stock the wave just before this, so its possible they might get shipments with this assortment in it. Those Ashiko bikes and HISS Scouts are plentiful as heck in my area--a "major retailer" has about 2 dozen of each on their shelves. Each type--and just at one store. The other stores in my area, likely also have this stuff, and those two vehicles were supposedly limited runs. Balderdash, I think.
So, I'd avoid paying a premium for SS--he's worth it, but if you'd regret forking over the cash, I think you'll get a shot at regular retail pricing some time soon.

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2012, 01:22:46 PM »

Thanks Arrow. Really appreciate the run down. There no joes in the walmart here, and there are no comic shops where i live. The last joes walmart had on the pegs where poc last christmas. All I see is Star Wars stuff. Wow you have the bushsido's there doing nothing. How much are they?
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2012, 02:38:25 PM »

Thanks Arrow. Really appreciate the run down. There no joes in the walmart here, and there are no comic shops where i live. The last joes walmart had on the pegs where poc last christmas. All I see is Star Wars stuff. Wow you have the bushsido's there doing nothing. How much are they?

If you are asking about the Cycle-Armor sets--they were $21-$22 and change each. I'm passing on them myself, as the reviews of them soured me on both. I was expecting better from them.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2012, 04:12:53 PM »

Look, I know you are probably stewing in the juice right now, but my GUESS is we'll see this figure released again, likely before the movie line hits. Walmart is just starting to stock the wave just before this, so its possible they might get shipments with this assortment in it.
I'm not holding my breath on this wave showing up at Can retail, but I really would be surprised if he doesn't show up in a new wave sometime after the movie figures hit. Aesthetically he's fit in with the retalliation figures, he's one of the main characters of retaliation (at least from what I can tell), and hasbro has to know how high in demand this figure is. He may not come with all the same accessories (ala steel brigade rerelease), but I'd guess he'll show up again in some assortment.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2012, 04:21:20 PM »

Look, I know you are probably stewing in the juice right now, but my GUESS is we'll see this figure released again, likely before the movie line hits. Walmart is just starting to stock the wave just before this, so its possible they might get shipments with this assortment in it.
I'm not holding my breath on this wave showing up at Can retail, but I really would be surprised if he doesn't show up in a new wave sometime after the movie figures hit. Aesthetically he's fit in with the retalliation figures, he's one of the main characters of retaliation (at least from what I can tell), and hasbro has to know how high in demand this figure is. He may not come with all the same accessories (ala steel brigade rerelease), but I'd guess he'll show up again in some assortment.
Agreed. It would be an incredibly bizarre strategy to have such a popular and high-profile character be so short-packed, and my assumption is it'll be more heavily packed in a future assortment. But then, the toy industry does have its off-days sometimes.....

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2012, 04:39:14 AM »

Agreed. It would be an incredibly bizarre strategy to have such a popular and high-profile character be so short-packed, and my assumption is it'll be more heavily packed in a future assortment. But then, the toy industry does have its off-days sometimes.....
There's been enough fan outcry over this I think it is a pretty safe bet we'll see a repack.  Agreed.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2012, 07:03:35 AM »

People said to Hasbro that they were tired of Storm Shadow. The last two figures (Desert and Spin Kick) were not very popular, so Hasbro probably decided to play it safe and packed Renegade SS one per case. They even decided to repack Ripcord in Wave 4 instead of SS. Of course they decided to play safe when they make the ultimate version of the character, go figure.

On a happier note, the Renegade Stormy mold will be used for 3 different figures in the Retaliation line.
Say no to AFA.