JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Oktober Guard 2012 JoeCon previews  (Read 21475 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Oktober Guard 2012 JoeCon previews
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2012, 08:45:01 AM »

It's OK.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2012, 10:34:45 AM »

I like the headsculpt, not too sold on the green though.  Needs more brown IMO.  I dont know why but they seem to have a lot of figures that have odd color distribution on their figures.  Like top half has one color theme and the bottom has another, it makes it so imbalanced.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Emags

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2012, 11:29:52 AM »

I would have liked to have seen him fatter with the custom green quilt jacket.

It's okay, not bad, but not 100% either.

That all being said, I find sometimes figures that seem just OK in hand, actually look better in a dio setting.  In other words, you may not love Horror Show on a standalone basis, but you lose that when you put him on a shelf with 20 other figs.....all sort of blends in.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2012, 01:51:03 PM »

I would have liked to have seen him fatter with the custom green quilt jacket.

It's okay, not bad, but not 100% either.

That all being said, I find sometimes figures that seem just OK in hand, actually look better in a dio setting.  In other words, you may not love Horror Show on a standalone basis, but you lose that when you put him on a shelf with 20 other figs.....all sort of blends in.

True. I'd love to see a group shot.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2012, 01:55:42 PM »

Horror Show...before he got fat.

The figure is ok. 

Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2012, 08:32:06 PM »

I think the one thing the Clu did well was the head sculpts.  Think there were 7 new ones and they were all excellent.  Last year, we had 1 or 2, right?  Claymore and DeAco (or was he a repaint).  So, that's the upside, I suppose.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2012, 09:49:18 PM »

Claymore was a new sculpt, Deaco was a repaint of Snake Eyes.  The only other semi new head was Spartas I believe, as it was a retooled head from pre-25th O-ring cover girl.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2012, 11:21:14 PM »

Yup, you are right.  I looked it up.  Sparta was a DTC Cover Girl head from 2006.  Funny, did not realize anything was used from pre 2007.  Truth be told, it is a pretty good head.  I'm looking forward to getting a Cover Girl from the FSS.  Guessing that will be the same head sculpt too.

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2012, 11:10:20 PM »

Saw something on another site that the pre - orders should go live tomorrow.  Granted, don't hold your breathe, but we will see.  I'm ordering the non attendee edition, which should go live a few days after that. 

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2012, 07:59:18 AM »

Those guys can't catch a break.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2012, 08:53:52 AM »

Been a tough year for the Club.  The FSS issue was the worst.  Collectors were talking about it when the reveals were going on in the Fall and it was generating a lot of buzz.  Then the credit card issue happened and it lost all momentum.  I'm sure people will still sign up, but I imagine less so. 

They've also been having issues with getting the magazine out......when it rains it pours.

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2012, 07:32:11 AM »

The sign up is still not up and apparently will not be until tomorrow, at the earliest per the Club.  They really are not putting their best foot forward with this. 

The convention is fastly approaching and people can not buy packages yet.  I'm guessing a number of people have not booked their travel yet b/c they don't know what they are getting.  That seems reasonable.  At some point, airfare and hotels start getting more expensive and people will forego the trip and that's too bad, really.