JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GI JOE 3 3/4 returns (or did it really leave?)  (Read 12762 times)

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
GI JOE 3 3/4 returns (or did it really leave?)
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 10:19:41 PM »

Not being able to get joes directly to Canada is a fact of life, it's like snow and bad roads.

I'm just happy they're back, and I really couldn't ask for something better than the amazing new sculpt figures (which kick the but of the ARAH style IMO with the ARAH style packaging, pure perfection)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 10:51:28 PM »

Honestly, I wished the JVC style figure was still retired. They have been a constant disappointment in terms of screwed up body proportions.

Only the comic pack does anything for me.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 11:49:25 PM by Guest »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »

Quote from: ""Spillspleen""
One thing that is funny that I forgot to emtion above is that those comic packs make some cool figures but look kinda silly when the cover stars all different figures than are in the pack....!!!! :roll:

I agree.  My theory. Hasbro is trying to be cheap as they don't want to create new body molds for figures that are missing.  Perfect example. Issue 49.  It has a V1 Destro, V1 Dr. Mindbender and Serpentor on the cover. WTF were Scrap Iron and Firefly figures made to go with Serpentor?  Mindbender play a pivotal role in the creation of Serpentor. I assume Hasbro has lost the original molds for V1 Dr. Mindbender and V1 Destro.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 10:59:04 PM »

I agree Pete. Look at Scrap Iron...the card is ok..but the figure is a wanna-be-80's-joe nothing special there....!!!  :shifty:

O'well as long as every collector/kid can get one I am happy.

I am sure something for the army builders will be unvailed..."buy them in bulk and loose for 3/4 the price" or something like that.

As for buying them from any other source other than Hasbro...no thanks...I am not sure any of the online guys would be fair about it...they have to make a living and I do not think Hasbro would let them be competitive at all............!

I have been really close to opening a U.S. bank account...and I have a U.S. address (non- P.O. Box) so I am sure I can get them from the source!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :|

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 06:32:02 AM »

Glad the 3 3/4 are still in action! I really like those packaging!
Say no to AFA.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 09:11:45 AM »

Quote from: ""Spillspleen""
One thing that is funny that I forgot to emtion above is that those comic packs make some cool figures but look kinda silly when the cover stars all different figures than are in the pack....!!!! :roll:

Never judge a book by it's cover.

Read the issue and you'll see why those 3 are there. :-)
Mike

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 10:00:40 AM »

I'm lazy. Here's what I wrote at Joecustoms:

I'm optimistic Canada will be able to get these figures in at least one form as the MC group said in their most recent email that they will be carrying these figures and they ship to Canada. It might cost a few bucks more but at least we should have the option. I still really hope Hasbro ships internationally.

Speaking of G.I.Joe being international, anyone else notice that Scrap Irons card doesn't say "A real American Hero" under the GI Joe logo? Hard to say as Scrap Iron is a part of Cobra, but is it possible Hasbro is making Joe a little broader in it's market and not targeting just the U.S?

Other random thoughts are I think the Battle armor Cobra Commander will probably have the Crimson Guard Head under that helmet as it is Fred. That way they don't need to make a new head mold and we, the collector market and target audience (this time) understand that.

Also, please Hasbro, give me a new sculpt of Buzzer now.I was really annoyed when the line was sacked and I had Ripper and Torch but no Buzzer. It's just not right to have 2 out of 3. GIVE ME MY BUZZER dagnamit! Please???
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 10:13:53 AM »

I think the few 'select' online sources will most likely be KBtoys.com and TRU.com

Hasbro has NEVER shown any of the smaller accounts (smalljoes, gijoehq, myself, etc) ANY respect when it comes to the toys - why start now?
Mike

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2005, 11:21:48 AM »

Wow. G.I. Joe is back? I didn't see this coming.  :shifty:

Because what we really need is another Zartan, another Zarana, another Scrap Iron and the 2nd repaint of a Hummer.

Let's see some new sculpts of new characters... Wave 1 of Spy Troops had so much promise. What happened?

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2005, 11:43:17 AM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
I think the few 'select' online sources will most likely be KBtoys.com and TRU.com

Hasbro has NEVER shown any of the smaller accounts (smalljoes, gijoehq, myself, etc) ANY respect when it comes to the toys - why start now?
Mike

Again, the MC group will have these and while yes they are the official fan club store, I always thought the on line store they have similar to places like smalljoes etc...
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2005, 12:12:43 PM »

Read the issue and you'll see why those 3 are there.

I read all the Joe issues when they came out...and again, at least twice, since then...I am talking about how these look on display...you would think that the cover would determine whos in the issue.  :shifty: No matter I opened all mine anyways!

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2005, 12:19:42 PM »

Mike

I agree you can get no respect...lol...!!!

I think the on-line retaliers will be stores like KB and TRU as they will have to be accountable for their actions. I get tiered of seeing posts on all the Joe boards about how the little guys ripped them off and so on and so forth...smalljoes especially...!!!!