JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: how many of your childhood joes survived...  (Read 6518 times)

Squishy Duck Man

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
how many of your childhood joes survived...
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2004, 08:47:57 AM »

I have over time replaced several slightly broken ones with better-conditioned figures, but only 5 of my actual childhood Joes were lost or totally destroyed.  When I get a replacement figure, I take each individual part and compare it, making sure to frankenstein together the most pristine possible specimen.  Man I'm a nerd....

Overall, I think I've only replaced about 25, and my Joe collection is about 650 *different* figures.  I don't army build or have duplicates of anything.  I'm weird like that.  I was also very attentive to my toys' condition as a kid, since my brother always made sure I played nice as his Joes were often involved.   :D  So I have him to thank for the condition of my toys from younger days.

-AAM
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Squishy Duck Man

A Canadian philosopher once obvserved - HEY!  SOMEONE\'S MAKIN\' DONUTS!

Collectorman

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2004, 11:06:55 AM »

One. An '86 Sci-Fi.

When I first starting collecting, I took a lot of the Joes I had when I was a kid and matched them up with their weapons. Then I bought and bought and bought. This is what I like to call the "First Collection." I had a great collection, but the ex-fiancee thought it was "unhealthy" or whatever. So I sold them.

After we kicked each other to the curb, I realized how much of a drain on assets she was when I had all this extra cash in the bank. So I started again with the 2000-2001 ARAH stuff. Now I'm pretty picky about what I want/buy.

Anyways, when I sold the first collection, I tossed aside an ugly bitch of what used to be a Sci-Fi. He was the first Joe I remember having, so he was the only one I kept.
UCK!

Jebus

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2004, 03:38:48 PM »

Wow, I can say only one survived and it was my Tiger Force Duke figure. Now that I look back at it, I really don't like it anymore.

Although, my brother still has his Mobat, but not Steeler.
img]http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/GreatOne/CACD55PI.jpg

Metro

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 08:19:11 PM »

there were only two things I had when I was a kid that didn't survive.  My original Mobat and Dragonfly.  I played with them till they were dust.  Everything else is a proud part of my collection.