JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: How Much Is Too Much  (Read 2424 times)

Jebus

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
How Much Is Too Much
« on: May 09, 2004, 08:12:22 AM »

Lately I've been searching for a MOC Storm Shadow (JUST LOOKING), and I began to wonder, how much should I pay for a decent shape one. I've seen some going upwards to $1000 alone and yet I've seen him go for as little as $250 on ebay.

So how much is too much for him :?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
img]http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/GreatOne/CACD55PI.jpg

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
How Much Is Too Much
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 11:36:08 AM »

I thought he was in the 200 + range.  This AFA grading is only going to make MOC items worse to buy.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Jebus

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
How Much Is Too Much
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 11:53:43 AM »

I know I should probably stay away from the graded stuff, but that's what I find the most.

Generally I've come to a conclusion, Storm Shadow is not too hard to find, he's just in demand, or really popular, and expensive. Most of the time I see him on ebay the seller doesn't ship to Canada.

I know alot of collector's like to get their stuff graded, but to me, it's killing my interest, it's too carried away. Really, what are we paying for, a figure or package. I don't know any who even remotely pay nearly $2000 Cdn for AFA graded 1983 Snake Eyes, by Hasbro. I'll settle for a foreign one myself if it's gonna cost me that much. And no I LOVE Snake Eyes, but I refuse to pay that kind of money for a Joe.

I would be surprised to find some people grading the acrylic cases along wiht the figures.
img]http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/GreatOne/CACD55PI.jpg