JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 468511 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2023, 07:10:33 AM »

Dragonfly:

12,650 / 10,000  (+154)  126.50% of funding goal with 34d 16h left.

Still moving along at triple digit daily increases so that is good news.  Still seems like end of this week (Friday-Sunday) will be when Ripcord finally gets unlocked.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2023, 06:24:59 AM »

Dragonfly:

12,807 / 10,000  (+157)  128.07% of funding goal with 33d 17h left.

Still triple digit daily gains.  Looking good for a Ripcord unlock sometime on Thursday, latest Friday.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2023, 05:14:18 AM »

Dragonfly:

13,064 / 10,000  (+257)  130.64% of funding goal with 32d 19h left.

WOO-HOO!!!  Ripcord has been unlocked, and it was a bit sooner than I thought just yesterday.  Now let's see who's next!!!

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2023, 09:18:27 AM »

Glenda, really?  I really don't think this figure is going to drive more sales.  I suspect all stretch goals will be met, but not because of an uptick caused by the second figure reveal.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2023, 07:00:58 PM »

Glenda, really?  I really don't think this figure is going to drive more sales.  I suspect all stretch goals will be met, but not because of an uptick caused by the second figure reveal.

It's kind of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

If they did a popular main character as a tier people would lose their minds.  There was already grumbling about Wild Bill even though who else would you put in as the pilot for the Dragonfly??

If they do a deep cut like Glenda people get snippy about what a waste she is as a tier. 

I think they probably should have gone with another subteam repaint of a main character, or a brand new troop builder, but I'm fine with Glenda.   She is a unique character who would never get made otherwise, or if she did she would peg warm hard like the 2008 version of Pilot Scarlett. 

I agree that she won't move the needle much, but it should still unlock all the tiers (hopefully).  Though I hope they have something more exciting lined up for the last tier.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2023, 07:45:39 PM »

With Emily on board, it was obvious that there will be a female character in the list. It is also obvious that the main characters won't be included. As of Wild Bill, Hasbro can release him on card in his TV anime Blue outfit.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2023, 05:57:55 AM »

With Emily on board, it was obvious that there will be a female character in the list. It is also obvious that the main characters won't be included. As of Wild Bill, Hasbro can release him on card in his TV anime Blue outfit.

Pretty sure Emily, being marketing, has little to no input on character selection.  That would be on the design/production team (and the execs who greenlight their choices).   A female figure is just in line with the last Haslab (HISS Gunner) and I am good with the choice.  My hope for the next one is a "new" troop builder.

Dragonfly:

13,285 / 10,000 (+221)  132.85% of funding goal with 31d 18h left.

Well not much of a bump with the reveal of Glenda.  However it did go up more than the average of the past few days.  So good news it is still moving along.  One good point for those who are worried is that it is still in triple digits for daily increases.  If it can keep that up for a little longer we should unlock Glenda with enough time to unlock the third tier.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2023, 03:22:50 PM »

I thought Emily was the brand manager!?
Or is/was that a different Emily? There was an Emily Bader listed as the brand manager for GiJoe up till Mar 2023 according to Linked-In. As Brand Manager I'm pretty sure she has a big say in character selection. Again assuming they are one and the same.

Anyways I really want to see some displays of all the vehicles coming out just to see the footprint. 
Hope you guys reach all the unlocks.
I do hope Airborne or as was mentioned Doc with a stretcher that could attach to the skids.

What are the thoughts on Eels and Tunnel Rat?

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2023, 08:04:59 PM »

I thought Emily was the brand manager!?
Or is/was that a different Emily? There was an Emily Bader listed as the brand manager for GiJoe up till Mar 2023 according to Linked-In. As Brand Manager I'm pretty sure she has a big say in character selection. Again assuming they are one and the same.

Anyways I really want to see some displays of all the vehicles coming out just to see the footprint. 
Hope you guys reach all the unlocks.
I do hope Airborne or as was mentioned Doc with a stretcher that could attach to the skids.

What are the thoughts on Eels and Tunnel Rat?

I guess it is hard to say.

Emily is listed as the Global Brand "Marketing" Manager for Joe and Power Rangers.   Her Linked-In profile says she spends her days trying to figure out how to sell more toys, and she describes her position on Linked-In as "Global Brand Marketing for Fan Brands."  Lenny is the Design Manager. 

And funnily enough during my search I found a job listing on Hasbro's site:

https://jobs.hasbro.com/job/Pawtucket-Brand-Manager-Action-Brands-Rhod/1030453600/

It is for a Brand Manager for Action Brands (specifically mentioned GI JOE and Power Rangers).   From the description is seems to be a position that entails a lot more than just marketing, but leans heavily into marketing/content.  So maybe this is Emily's job?  Is she leaving?  Or is this a different job?  I know they have senior brand managers who aren't specifically designated marketing.

Way too much corporate speak in job titles (LOL).  Who knows either way, but I guess we'll see if Emily is not around by the end of summer (I hope not I really like her personality).

As for the recent reveals.  Desert SE is "meh" too much like a Fortnite character.  I'll keep an eye out for him on sale.   Tunnel Rat is AWESOME!!!!  Love him and will get him, but since he is a general release I can wait for a sale.

The EEL looks great.  Although his arms/shoulders look off in the renders/pics.  They sit way to low and look like either poor design, or they have some dislocated shoulders.  Then of course............

F#%$IN AMAZON EXCLUSIVE??????  REALLY????  F#$%IN HASBRO.

Did they not learn their F$%^IN lesson from the Cobra Island stuff?  Don't put original looks/troop builders into exclusives!!!!!  You F$%^ all of us over when you do that.   Of course I missed the window and now I have to wait and see if Amazon puts more stock up later.  If not I'll have to wait the 18-24 months that most exclusivity windows last before they'll show up in this look at other retailers.

Sigh.....

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2023, 10:36:02 AM »

Of course I missed the window and now I have to wait and see if Amazon puts more stock up later.  If not I'll have to wait the 18-24 months that most exclusivity windows last before they'll show up in this look at other retailers.

Sigh.....

I like how you said you missed "the window", because to be more precise, we can say most of us missed the "5-minute-window". That fig went out of stock really fast!

You saw his arms sitting too low. I saw his weird left knee 🤔

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2023, 04:53:39 AM »

Dragonfly:

13,558 / 10,000 (+101) 135.58% of funding goal with 29d 19h left.

Well that was close.  Just skimmed the triple digit daily gain.   Considering it is a Sunday in the middle of the funding period I'll take it.   

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2023, 05:37:23 AM »

Dragonfly:

13,631 / 10,000  (+73) 136.31% of funding goal with 28d 18h left.

Well we finally went below triple digits for a daily increase.  However it is a Sunday smack dab in the middle of the "lull" period of funding so I can't say I am surprised.