JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 1979 Alien movie unproduced figures  (Read 2742 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
1979 Alien movie unproduced figures
« on: July 05, 2011, 01:26:42 PM »

Since I got back recently into collecting the Kenner line of Aliens versus Predator action figures, I became a little curious to find out more about the toys that are out there.

To my surprise, I found this auction on Ebay that offers two custom carded specimens of unproduced figures of Ripley and the infamous Alien (intended for 1979's release of "Alien", but cancelled). I'm looking forward to owning these and will try to review them if I can get loose specimens or carded duplicates to open.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/KENNER-ALIEN-RIPLEY- ... 3cb9a78e83

While searching for more information on the unproduced figures, I landed on this website (see at the end) and got more answers than what I was looking for. Per instance, the Predator aliens from the Predator movies were added into the mix: Kenner released in 1993 a Predator vs Alien action figure 2-pack that came with a comic book that explains the new battle, thus expanding the ongoing battle between the Space Marines against the Aliens. As well, did you know that Kenner had plans to bring Dutch, Blaine and Billy Sole, from the movie Predator, into the Aliens toyline? That almost happened, but due to poor sales....it never did.

http://www.alienscollection.com/unproduced.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
2 + 2 = 22

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: 1979 Alien movie unproduced figures
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:18:36 AM »

This is all types of coolness. This is what I love about our hobby of collecting - there's always something new to learn - even for someone like me, who has dealt with nearly every toyline out there from the last 30 years.

Great find LJ!

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 03:44:33 PM »

Totally cool!  I remember the original 18" Alien fiasco because I wanted one back then, don't ask me why and my dad (the same guy who let me watch JAWS when I was 5yrs old) inquired as to where to find one and was told they were pulled off of store shelves because they were inappropriate for kids.  Those Kenner figures would have been a nice addition to the Star Wars figures.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 05:01:11 PM »

that's nothing, i was about 6 when my dad let me watch Terminator. well, parts of it. him and mum had rented it and he was showing part of the end to my granddad. and i saw it.

the endoskeleton clawing its way through the press after Sarah.

"you're terminated motherf***er!"
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.