JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: a classic: Who were your first joe and vehicule.  (Read 6085 times)

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
a classic: Who were your first joe and vehicule.
« on: March 31, 2004, 06:56:04 AM »

Its a classic thread, but its unavoidable...nostalgia when you got me...

Like the subject says: Which joe and vehicule were your first.

Me? If I remember correctly my first joe was Torpedo that I got along Doc, cobra soldier and Snake Eyes on my birthday, but Torpedo was the first that I opened up so thats make him my first joe.

My first vehicule was the APC
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Say no to AFA.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 12:29:50 PM »

First figure was v1 Snow Job.  

First vehicle was the Polar Battle Bear by accident.  The story with that ties into the 1984 Consumer's Distributing book. My mom asked me what I wanted for Xmas at that time. The only toy I pointed to was Snow Job on the Polar Battle Bear.  So we went to Consumers to get the figure.  Mind you I didn't realize you had to fill out the paper work to purchase your order.  Since my mom's english was poor and I was a kid, we put the order number down for the Polar Battle Bear as we thought it was the number for Snow Job.  We get the item we ordered, opened it up in the store and realized the figure didn't come with it (Snow Job is pictured on the Polar Battle Bear box).  So we ended up with Snow Job at the end after explaining to the Consumers employee what we wanted.  So technically that was my first vehicle.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 12:36:18 PM »

WEll In  1985   I got  a  bunch of  joes for  CHristmas..  BUt  I remember  opening  up Bazooka  First .. and he has always been  my fave:)

First   vehicle i got ,  well  playset.. was teh  T actical  Battle Platform

its the only   joe  thing  i  still have the box for,  and will probably keep :)
Zinthos.

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 01:19:52 PM »

I got Stalker, Snake Eyes, and a Cobra Officer. These were all straight arm, I was 10 in 1982. I got several more before I got my first vehicle.

I almost stopped getting them as the straight arms and crotches were all breaking. I was also into Star Wars in 1982 so I was not completely into any one toy line. My mom finally blew a fuse when I broke my last guy, I had about ten and everyone had a broken thumb or crotch by then. She went straight to Woodward?s and demanded a refund, which she got and bought me all new swivel Joes...also because she had an old receipt showing that she paid 5.97 for a couple they refunded her that much for each. The great part was that the Joes were no at 3.97 each so I ended up getting about 5 more figures...almost all of them out at that time, I remember the Cobra Commander the most?his packaged ruled. Anyways I then bought the Flack about two weeks later...my first and still favorite vehicle...I have 6 of them now...lol!!!!

Tattoo Shane

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tattoosandtoys.com
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »

First figure was Torpedo...i remember vividly a HUGE bin full of Joes at the front mall entrance to the Bay in Lloydminster mall where i grew up. After digging through the lot of them i decided Torpedo was the coolest and i spent the rest of the time in the mall sitting in the shopping cart playing with him. Second figure was a Cobra Soldier which i think was bought at the same Bay. I remember reading GI Joe #16 over and over and over wishing i had the rest of the figures so i could re-enact that cool fight in the warehouse.

And, to be honest, i have no idea what my first vehicle was.  :oops:
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

SoundEffect

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/msfm/
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 05:01:23 PM »

First Joe was Rock 'n Roll and first Vehicle was the FLAK. Rock 'n Roll was a US version as I was on vacation in Maine at the time. I was among the first of my friends with one because they hadn't shown in Canada at that point in 1982. I saw all the v1 releases and picked up R&R because of the crossed ammo on his chest...to me at 11 years old it just said Army!

I still have that Rock 'n Roll (he's on at least his second o-ring though) and I still have the American filecard (the all English one.)

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 07:07:34 PM »

My first joe was 86 General Hawk and my first vehicle was the Weapons Transport. Those were actually my first two Joe toys that I played with for a couple weeks until I decided I needed more, and more, and more, and more .......

Techno Viper T-17

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 10:14:27 PM »

I can't remember my first vehicle at all, not a clue. My first figure though I remember well, they were two: Footloose and Eel. I still have them around here somewhere.

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 10:26:37 PM »

it was 1982, my 11th birthday.  I had asked for and got the RAM and Breaker, because he was who drove it in the TV commercial.  I also got the FLAK and Stalker.  I remember that they all had Woolco stickers on them.  I still have them all, along with my other Joe stuff from then, thankfully.  :)
Wherever you go, there you are.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 08:39:22 AM »

First 2 figures I got were birthdays gifts. The were Grunt and Stalker (SA), and as such these 2 hold a special place in my Joe world. I think my first vehicle was the Polar Battle Bear, or it could have been the Rapid Fire bike. I do remember breaking both the thumbs off my Short Fuse figure with the Polar Battle Bear
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

navajo

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 07:02:53 PM »

The first I got was the Rattler and Skystriker.  THat was the greatest year ever, Christmas wise.   I got the 2 pack He Man and Battle Cat, Skeletor and Panthor....Beastman...but not sure of any TFs.  If I only had a time machine...or even pack rats for parents.

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2004, 12:36:47 AM »

I got a Skystriker and MOBAT for Christmas, I guess that would have been about 1984.  So long ago...so many Joes since.
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"