JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hamilton/Burlington Weekly Meet  (Read 4103 times)

rentyn

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Hamilton/Burlington Weekly Meet
« on: November 15, 2008, 06:53:10 PM »

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to throw it out there. Maybe we can start a weekly meeting in the Hamilton/Burlington area. If anyone is interested in starting something like that let me know and I will start planning it and looking for good locations. We could have one night every week to go over different topics like customs, protecting your collection, GIJoe news, trading, and so on. My email address is disco3000@hotmail.com Feel free to drop me a line to let me know you would be interested in this.

Michael Dane Gemus aka Rentyn

If there is already a weekly meeting happening by alls means let me know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

rentyn

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Hamilton/Burlington Weekly Meet
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 01:03:59 PM »

I can't believe there isn't even one single person that would be interested in a weekly Joe meetings. I would take care of planning the first one and finding a place.

Please people give me some feedback.

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 03:29:35 PM »

I'm from Brantford but work in Hamilton. I could maybe pull off a bi-weekly meet. Or an "every-so-often" meet :)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 06:45:08 PM »

I think it might be the amount of Toy Shows going on in the area... there's an average of one a month, and people sometimes meet up there for them. I think what you're wanting to do is very much like the early Canadian Joe Meets, but on a weekly basis... people just don't have the spare time to devote to a weekly event like that. At least, I know I don't. ;-)

FastFord58

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 08:51:14 PM »

Yeah, really busy time of the year for me. I'm in the middle of school, work, family time and a huge renovation on my house, not to mention the Christmas rush that is quickly approaching. Actually, I don't know how the hell I'm getting everything done as it is.

rentyn

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 06:07:08 PM »

Thanks for the input. Maybe a monthly or biweekly at most would be better. I am going to look into putting something together. Maybe not even have a set day or schedule, just have a meet every so often. I would definately like to start a GIJoe collectors club locally. So if there is anyone interested in joining in the future let me know. The initial meet won't be until the new year anyway. I think I may call it the Halton GIJoe Collectors Club. The first meet will be a Sunday evening in January. Let's say Sunday January 11, 2009. By then I will have more of an idea as to how many interested people there are and what exactly will take place at the meet.

Are there any other GIJoe clubs in the area? Or even in Hamilton, Mississauga, Oakville, Stony Creek.

The Mike - You said there are toy shows happening about one a month. Can you give me some more information on these?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 06:36:50 PM by rentyn »

FastFord58

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 11:36:06 AM »

I'd be interested in monthly or bi-weekly meet.

rentyn

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 09:12:34 PM »

I just found out that there is another individual starting a IJoe collector club in the St Catharines area. Maybe we will be able to join together for a better turnout. It seems there isn't a whole lot of interest at the moment around here.

Michael Dane Gems aka Rentyn

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 10:25:17 PM »

There's one in St. Kitts? Are they a member here?

If you're promoting the idea around - why not also send/inform people to come to JoeCanuck.com to discuss it - we are afterall a CANADIAN JOE SITE.  :lol:

While you're at it - tell them about www.canadianjoecon.com and the Convention happening on May 2nd. ;-)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 09:34:06 AM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
There's one in St. Kitts? Are they a member here?

If you're promoting the idea around - why not also send/inform people to come to JoeCanuck.com to discuss it - we are afterall a CANADIAN JOE SITE.  :lol:

While you're at it - tell them about www.canadianjoecon.com and the Convention happening on May 2nd. ;-)

Speaking of spreading the word, I suggest everyone take a look at their local Kijjij and type in G.I. Joe. I've come across a few guys in K-W that I don't see on the boards and I've sent them emails via kijjij to check us out.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

rentyn

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 09:52:20 PM »

Since joining our community here I have being spreading the word. Since I am quite new I don't know any of you yet but I hope we can meet at the convention in Hamilton this year. As for the GIJoe club in St Catharines...yes there is someone that is currently starting one. I have emailed him and told him about this site and the convention. Since I too wish to start a collector club with biweekly or monthly meetings in the new year after christmas and new years have passed. I will surely be inviting all of you to take part. I hope to see you all at some of the meetings.