JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: What are you playing? - Video Games  (Read 6949 times)

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
Re: What are you playing? - Video Games
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 09:15:46 AM »

I got it fixed once by a guy who really knows what he's doing.  I got it back, played one game of Madden & some God of War collection, & it YLOD'd again.  I think if the guy can get it working again I'll back up my hard drive & then go buy a 320GB Slim. 

I also think it's ridiculous that there's such problems with the new systems (RROD, YLOD).  My 20 year old Genesis & 30 year old 2600 still work just fine, thank you.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 09:35:54 AM »

I hardly play any games as I only have one TV at the moment.  But the only games I have been able to blow the dust off recently are.

NHL 11
- I have been updating the rosters more than actually playing the game.  However, I am leaning on getting the 12 version as they have the Jets in it and Mario Lemieux.  I will wait when the season starts in a week or so so I can get updated rosters.

Madden 12
- I am luke warn about this game.  Major reason is that I have to to re-learn the Steelers playbook.  EA just totally changed it and hence none of my favorite plays from years past are in there.  Plus the OL sucks (just like in real life) which is killing me in the passing game (and watching these pilons in real life).

MLB The Show 11
- Just got this about a week ago.  The attention to detail for the stadiums is amazing.  The only thing that blows in this game is the minor league rosters.  They have a ton of fake names on there, unlike the NHL game that all real player names.  And just like a Yankees and Red Sox game in real life, this game takes a while to complete a match-up.  Bombista.

GI JOE ROC
- I am having a hard time getting into this game.  I haven't touched it in months nor I am even close to completing it.  No urge to do so. 

Any good kid games for the PS3 incase I have company over?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:49:04 AM by Pete The Greek »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »

GI JOE ROC
- I am having a hard time getting into this game.  I haven't touched it in months nor I am even close to completing it.  No urge to do so. 

Any good kid games for the PS3 incase I have company over?

GI Joe was a bit of a meh game. I did a review of it a while back for the news letter. It good if you want to have a buddy over and talk about life in general with a beer by your side and a controller in hand. In other words, it's decent background entertainment but not something to plan your night around.

As for kiddies games, pick up a copy of "Little Big Planet 1" if it's just for the children.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 04:06:56 PM »

I didn't pick up any games during Blockbuster's blow-out.  I want to get Captain America, but I'll wait until it is cheaper.

As far as what I'm playing (PS3):

Red Dead Redemption

What I need to play in my collection:

Smackdown Vs Raw 2011
Lego Star Wars 3
These ones are on my PSP and I am not having any luck prying them out of my sons PSP yet.

I am looking forward to Arkham City and Uncharted 3.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 08:46:01 AM »

I had that WWE game and just couldn't get into it. I use to play a lot of wrestling games in the past but they just lost all appeal to me. I know they have decent stories if you follow them all the way through but I just fell out of love with it all. They kept changing the controls so it felt like every time I picked up the game I had to spend a few hours learning how to do the moves again, and that's not fun.

That's why I'm a fan of Call of Duty. It's doesn't matter which version I'm playing, I know how to gun and run at the start. Usually when I buy these games I go to on line play as soon as I open it. I do that so all the campers won't know the hiding spots.   ;) I usually don't get to the story mode of the game until I've played on line for a few weeks.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 09:42:20 AM »

BF3 beta tomorrow for all platforms:

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 01:11:17 PM »

I currently own a X360 with the Kinect sensor and like to play on Xbox live (anyone here?)

These are what I play:

Kinect Sports
Kinect Adventures
Kinect Joyride
Kinect Dance Central (no really, I'm latin so no wonder I like dancing haha  :P )
Castlevania Lords of Shadow (bought the collector's edition game for 30$ at Futureshop!!! But...didn't have a chance to play it yet)
Left 4 Dead (I'm not a fan of first person shooters, but if it has Zombies, of course I'll play it!)
Left 4 Dead 2
Gi joe The Rise of Cobra (don't have anyone to play it with, and I'll admit it: It's kind of boring to play it alone)
Bio Shock 2 (played it before the first one and I absolutely prefer it: It is such a strange game, which is why it kept me hooked)
Bio Shock (never finished it, I am stuck at the stage where you have to retrieve materials while keeping the right timing in order to avoid being stinged my the bees. Don't tell me the trick if you know it! I also refuse to watch walkthrough's on Youtube, I enjoy neverending challenges)

And I'm also big on old school games which is why I still have my original NES, SNES, Sega Genesis (console is broke) and my PS2. I still play my old games.
My favorite titles are the old Megaman games (1-5), Castlevania (1,2,3, Adventure, Belmont's revenge, Bloodlines, Super CV4, Chronicles, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow, Symphony of the Night), Demon Sword, Battle of Olympus, Master Blaster 1&2, Bionic Commando, Batman 1&2, Gi joe (by Taxan), Double Dragon 2, Ninja Gaiden 1&2, Gradius, Life Force, Super Gradius 3. 
2 + 2 = 22

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 05:46:55 PM »

Hey Hal

you are a FF head like myself. Something in common there. I'm loving FF13, I just can not defeat that barthanlus boss dude...are you past that?

B

FF13
FF7
FF8
Dynasty Warrior Gundam
Dynasty Warrior Gundam 2
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 05:54:48 PM »

Blockbuster 50-70% off stocked me up.
- Aliens vs Predator
-Damnation
- Dead Rising 2
- Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare
- Dead to Rights Retribution
- Dark Void
among others...but my worst buy was a great game: Lost Planet 2  - that I didn't realize I had already (but hadn't touched).

Uhh...anyone want to trade Lost Planet 2?!  ;)
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 06:56:35 PM »

awesome by Grunt!  8)
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 09:32:38 PM »

Guess I didn't actually answer the question though...

I'm playing Borderlands (just started) for my co-op game, and I'm doing Infamous on the evil playthrough now. I was playing Afrosamurai, but I think I've abandoned it.
But in the past two weeks, I haven't played anything....   :(
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 08:40:36 AM »

Guess I didn't actually answer the question though...

I'm playing Borderlands (just started) for my co-op game, and I'm doing Infamous on the evil playthrough now. I was playing Afrosamurai, but I think I've abandoned it.
But in the past two weeks, I haven't played anything....   :(

I quit Afrosamurai a while back as well. Totally forgot I have it.

Are you on the PS3? My buddy Mike and I just started Borderlands. Always looking for 2 more players.  ;)