JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2012 Canadian Joe Con Appreciation thread.  (Read 19362 times)

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
2012 Canadian Joe Con Appreciation thread.
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:24:31 PM »

Hey guys, as usual let give the CJC team our appreciation for another terrific event!
The set was fantastic, second only to the original HATE set.  I found myself occupied for the most part with all the panels, which was great!  And it was great to see and meet old and new people!
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Canadian Joe Con Appreciation thread.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:06:46 PM »

Another fun Con.
The highlight was the people for sure.
Getting to get to know Nova, Deadshot and Blitzkreig better and saying 'hi' to all the usual suspects was great.
The owner of Guru-Planet / Spy Lounge was awesome to hang out with as well.
Thanks to all who organized and participated.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

garling23

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • "If your not in it, your out of it" -Joey Ramone
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/chrismeadows
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:05:02 PM »

huge thank you to all the hard work that goes into this every year.  my son logan and I always count the months, weeks, days and min. until the day comes.  very well organized, very friendly, and a very fun event as always!  thanx again! 
Great Traders:

Pete the Greek
BHT
JIN

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »

I had a great time today. I'm flattered that people even remember my name from year to year. There's nothing better than wandering around and talking Joe.

I had high hopes for the panels and they did not disappoint. That G.I. Joe Declassified stuff was f'n strange. I'm kind of relieved that the line was cancelled when it was.

Kudos to the guys who worked their butts off to make this happen.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 10:50:38 PM »

Well Done Guys! 

Even thou I was trying to stay awake I really enjoyed myself!  I'm already lookig forward to Next years CJC!
Lurking

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 11:33:23 PM »

Thank you to The Mike and all the gang involved for another great cjc, it was great to see old familiar faces, as well as meet new people, see you all again next year.

Thanks again Mike and gang
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

formbx257

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 11:34:16 AM »

As usual this was a great convention!  Thank you Mike and staff!
I love the free guest cards, too (especially Mark Bellomo's  ;D)
Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on Blip.TV: http://blip.tv/formbx257
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 08:34:48 PM »

Thanks Mike and everyone for a great con!
This was my second time attending, and by far the best! (for me)
I spent a sh##load of cash, and got to meet and talk to alot of great people.
Thanks to everyone involved.
Jay

darth cujo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 09:07:53 PM »

Had a really good time at the con this year. Mainly due to getting to meet the various guests and a few board members. I attended all the panels and they were quite enjoyable. Meeting all of the artists was a lot of fun, particularly since they were all very approachable and willing to talk about their art. I spent a fair bit of time around Robert Atkins since he was actually doing my commission througout the day (A fantastic Recondo). Gave me an excuse to keep popping by and checking in and he had lots of great stories to tell about his art. I think this is one of the strongest aspects of this con, the guests are so accessible.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 09:50:03 AM »

I had a good time this year. It felt a lot more relaxed for me personally this year. I was able to chat more with fellow board members for once and didn't feel rushed.

I spent a bit of time talking with Hasbro and I was home before 6:00 and in time to head over to a pig roast that in the past I've missed due to getting home later.

I didn't spend as much as I have in the past but that's because I have pretty much everything I want in my collection now. I think I bought more for my son then I did for myself. 
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

roger dodger

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 10:04:10 AM »

I want to thank Mike and the gang for making this a great con. Everyone was so friendly and it was nice to see some old friends and connect with some new ones. I especially liked going to the restaurant Friday night and hanging out with some Joe Bros. In fact, the slow wait staff gave us extra time to talk about Hasbro, the future of GI Joe and life in general. Another favorite was the Joe Declassified presentation, which offered some interesting info about what might have been. I could have listened for another hour or two. Thanks to everyone for making this American feel welcome in Canada!

Emags

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 10:17:18 AM »

A big thanks and kudos to everyone involved in the convention....it was great.

It was my first one and I really enjoyed the experience.  It was relaxed, yet very well run.

Everyone was friendly and approachable.  I met some folks, but wish I would have met some more.  As it happens, I brought a friend of mine who is not really a collector, so I felt I had to entertain him a bit and felt bad leaving him to meet other people.  Oh well....next time.

The panels were great, especially Joe Declassified.

I did not buy too much b/c I am sort of happy with my collection right now, but gsmiley helped me fill in a few holes.  Thanks!