JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Bring in Maurauder John?  (Read 4821 times)

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Bring in Maurauder John?
« on: February 27, 2006, 11:10:42 AM »

The GI Joe community collectively sprung to bring Beav to the meet. Would anyone like to see if Maurauder John, the 3.75" gun runner would be interested in the same deal? Both as a fan and as a vendor? I've ordered his guns, they're downright awesome.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Updated!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Bring in Maurauder John?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 12:29:33 PM »

I'm sure John makes awesome weapons, but I'm not going to donate money to someone that I don't "know" to come here.

Sure, I technically don't 'know' Beav either, but having been a member of JoeCustoms for 3 & 1/2 years, and talking to him as much as I have, I consider him a 'friend' and have no problem giving him money to come up.

We 'could' always attempt to do this yearly and 'bring in' someone each year.
Like this year it could be Beav, and next year it could be Hawk, Shane, or Cap.

- Mike

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Bring in Maurauder John?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 12:39:09 PM »

I still don't understand it. These guys don't make an effort to come to JoeCanuck and be a part of the community. But now suddenly they want to come up for the meet. Why the sudden change of heart?

Why should we "sponsor" them?

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Bring in Maurauder John?
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 03:06:03 PM »

I don't know why Beav specifically wanted to come to our con, but I can certainly say why I volunteered to help him get here. For the same reason Camper was given a lifetime achievement award at the JCAs. Without Joe Customs, there would be no Joe Canuck. The founders of this site gathered there first, and many of our members found their way here through them. Mike found the large Canadian membership on Joe Customs and made a northern haven for us up here. So by doing what he's been doing for years, Beav gave Mike the opportunity to do what he does here, for us.

Maurauder John hasn't mentioned any interest in joining us this year. However, he hooked me up, and from Beav's post gave a nice chunk to help get Beav here, so I thought I'd throw his name out there. I also know there's a lot of interests in his repros, so I thought there might have been some interest for that. Hold nothing against him.
Updated!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Bring in Maurauder John?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 03:26:08 PM »

Well, Beav is registered here, and if this site was more lively, I'm sure he would post more.

Heck, if it were more lively, I'D even post more!

LOL!

Jon, you were at the first 'Joe Meet'.

Remember? Just the 5 of us, chatting it up here in the store, we 'set it up' on the JoeCustoms board, we ate at Crabby Joes, talked about you and your ebay underwear. :shifty: Then we started getting ready for a 'bigger' meet, and this site was born.

Well, like Scramble says, if it wasn't for JoeCustoms.com, I doubt we'd be having this meet.

Take a look at yojoe. - the biggest joe fan site out there.

Do you see a CND meet taking place there? Nope.
Hell, I bet if anyone here were to post information about the Joe Meet (and the figure, events, etc), that no one would reply or give a damn.

Joecustoms did, and now we do. :-)
So we're repaying it by bringing its 'leader' to the meet.

mike

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Bring in Maurauder John?
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 03:59:51 PM »

My 2 cents. I have never bought anything from Maurauder John but I've looked at his work. It's looks really nice and I have thought about buying his stuff, then I think I really only have room for true Joe related products so I haven't gotten around to buying anything, but still might some day. I guess that's the negative.

Here's the positive of trying to get him up here. He could be seen not only as a collector/seller but if he was willing he could been a guest speaker and maybe explain the process that goes into the guns. I doubt Hasbro will ever give him the floor to have his own official Q and A session, so having a chance with our unofficial convention might be appealing to him. This would also help our convention to grow. It would definitely be something more to talk about and might get more interest looking our way as well as his. That could lead to more members, more sellers at our meet, and more customer for Mike 'cause I don't think there is one person that doesn't stop at Mike's store before the head to the meet. That and it might be a business right off for him to come here it it's work related.  :thumbsup:

Heck, I just want to see lots of people show up.

Alright, that was more than two cents worth.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
Bring in Maurauder John?
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 04:14:56 PM »

I definitely have to agree with Scramble and Mike about bringing Beav to the meet. I also strongly agree with what Mike said about Beav's inactivity and the lack of liveliness of this board. Bottom line: It would be great to finally see the man that helped build a friendly and supportive community of Joe collectors.
Next year, we should definitely bring in Hawk into the meet. I've had the pleasure to meet/hang with him at the Florida convention and he's a really great guy.

beav

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pettifogging.com
Bring in Maurauder John?
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 02:28:18 PM »

I still don't understand it. These guys don't make an effort to come to JoeCanuck and be a part of the community. But now suddenly they want to come up for the meet. Why the sudden change of heart?

Because I view little fan-created meets like this (or ZedCon) to be better than the Master Collector mega meet.  It's a chance to meet a bunch of people that I've posted with for years but probably wouldn't meet any other way.  Mike posted the thread over on JoeCustoms too so I figured it'd be nice to finally make it up, especially after seeing how cheap the tickets are.  

I don't post here normally because I really don't post anywhere but my own site.  It's enough for me to do that than load myself down with a bunch of Joe sites to check during the day.  I've also not posted here mainly because it seems that this is more geared toward the Canadian fans (given the name and membership) so I wouldn't have much to add here except on general topics.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Bring in Maurauder John?
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 06:48:01 PM »

The precedent was set two years ago when one of the two Americans that came up here didn't even post once.  Heck, some of the guys that have gone to the meet in the past from this area were hardly active here at all.  If this meet was for only the guys here that post all the time you are looking at a very small meet.  So bigger is better.  

As for Maurauder John, I think he would rather have us buy his product online rather than coming up here and clearing customs with several plastic guns.   Canada customs =  :roll:
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Bring in Maurauder John?
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 11:35:56 PM »

The precedent was set two years ago when one of the two Americans that came up here didn't even post once. Heck, some of the guys that have gone to the meet in the past from this area were hardly active here at all. If this meet was for only the guys here that post all the time you are looking at a very small meet.

Let's not forget why those two Americans came up.

General Hawk

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Bring in Maurauder John?
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 02:57:40 PM »

Quote from: ""BHT""

- Mike

You got my vote!   :thumbsup:

Honestly, I'm not sure why I haven't visited the site before...possibly because I'm not Canadian?  (Did I even spell that right?  Yikes...).  I figured this board was primarilly for those of Canadian origin, so there wasn't really a place for me here, but in looking at old posts and the memberslist, there seems like a great group of guys, so I plan on visiting here more often.

None of that should impact on the desire to meet up with fellow Joefans whose company you enjoy, however.  In person meets provide a whole different type of atmosphere than "board posts" and I can see someone wanting to do one without the other.

Heck, we've got a little "Vermont/New Hampshire" crew where I live (very, VERY little) and they're both regulars on YoJoe, a message board I rarely, if ever visit.  Doesn't mean we can't hang out in person and enjoy each other's company, though.

Justin

Outback 100% Argento

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Bring in Maurauder John?
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 06:58:56 PM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
I'm sure John makes awesome weapons, but I'm not going to donate money to someone that I don't "know" to come here.

Sure, I technically don't 'know' Beav either, but having been a member of JoeCustoms for 3 & 1/2 years, and talking to him as much as I have, I consider him a 'friend' and have no problem giving him money to come up.

- Mike

Hey dont forget me! GiJoe N? 1 fan from Argentina!!!! :D
At least we have a nice summer...\" an Argentinian.