JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: What happened?  (Read 16053 times)

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 09:55:58 AM »

Hells yeah!  Best.  Joe Meet. Ever.  The customs!  The Black Ice Figure!  The Tim bits!  The looks of disbelief as Raptor took the title!  Big ups to Hal and Deadshot for hooking me up yet again.  Nice to have some international flava with Beav in attendance.  Hopefully next year we'll have a few more Yankees come and join us Frostbacks.  Much love to Mike for honchoing the whole thing again!  Great to see Pete, Loop,Scramble and everyone...too bad it's only an annual event.  My only regret is not making it to the dinner, but there's always next year.  Now, to learn to rassle...I assume that Raptor will be writing a "How To" Guide of some sort? Thanks for a great day!

rg
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Wherever you go, there you are.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
What happened?
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 05:49:56 PM »

Raptor won the friggin title.

I'm still having problems believing that.

I mean, he fooled us all... he secretly played the game over and over and over until he started defeating every person in the game.

Then he 'played' us for fools for making us think that he sucked.

He won. He beat Jon, then Scramble....... and he won!?

Loop gave away a ton of stuff, so did Pete The Greek.
Condor Knight ate most of the Timbits (I saw you!), and Beav got hooked on them. (Kinda funny) For the first while, everytime I saw Beav, he had a Timbit in his hand, or he was heading to the Timbit Table! :lol:

Everyone seemed happy with their Door Prizes. Some of which were Party Hats, Mini-puzzle, Cobra Commander Bust, Gift Certificate for BHT, Loops custom Jack Bauer, George W., and Prototype JoeCanuck figure. Raptor donated his Superhero set, Jon S. donated some Funskool figs, and other folks donated much more items as well! People seemed to really want Loops Black Ice drawing, and Condor Knight seemed happy to be the one to take it home.

It dawned on me AFTER all the prizes were done........ I didn't win any!?

Scramble, I'll (hopefully) get your PS2 card back to you this weekend. Gotta finish transfering guys over first.

Loop, you're SO lucky I didn't get that 'pic' of you at your 'inappropriate' moment at the dinner table.

Raps, Scramble, Tank Girl and Loop - hope you enjoyed seeing my Toy Room in person. (Even if my customizing table was a huge mess!).

Morgardee - JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! Ohhhhhhhhhh! SPLAT!

- Mike

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2006, 06:43:43 PM »

I  had a great  time at the meet.  It was good to see evreyone again.  

The freebie  table  was  like   watching a bunch of circling vulures  on a corpse... course i was part  of that   freebie frenzy as well.  Good times...:)

Mike  you  may not  have won anything from the  door prizes, but with those quick  hands  you did score a bunch of  figure stands!    Like lightning  I tells ya... I suspect you were a pickpocket in a previous life  :lol:

I can't  wait until next year.

:thumbsup:
Zinthos.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 10:30:32 AM »

Like I told you, Mike, I don't actually own a PS2, so there's no hurry getting me the memory card, except to show off the CAWs to my friend. He tells me that next year he'll be there hovering over my shoulder dishing out orders through a heart-themed megaphone. And yes, I was thrilled to see your toy room. Heck, I was thrilled when I saw it in pictures, so seeing it in person blew me away. I'll be spending Good Friday at Ikea and Easter break putting up shelves.
Updated!

Tattoo Shane

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tattoosandtoys.com
What happened?
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 01:24:45 PM »

Man, it really sounds like you guys had a good time. I'm going to have to try to make it out next year.
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
What happened?
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 01:34:10 PM »

Quote from: ""Tattoo Shane""
Man, it really sounds like you guys had a good time. I'm going to have to try to make it out next year.

Yes. You should.
If we had one American FLY up here, another Drive, and some folks from Montreal drive, then you MUST be able to find a way here next year Shane! ;-)
Mike

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 04:38:28 PM »

Well I've been quite for the past few days, nursing my wounds from the wrestling. Next year Mike. I'll get you next year and this time I won't make the same mistake of making a smaller submission wrestler again 'cause all the submission holds in the world don't mean jack if you keep jumping off a 20'ft steel cage onto the audience barrier.

Anyhow, man, what a blast. It's a shame I had to take off before the dinner. The wrestling went over really well and all the deals on the Joes was great. Totally worth it.

So, when we gonna start the Joe Canuck bowling league?

Hey, next post is number 666. I should be getting a funky title (until I post # 667). I guess I'm going to have to post carefully.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

TankGirl

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 05:02:48 PM »

Although I don't collect joes, I still managed to have a great time at the meet. You guys are a great bunch, I guess that's why I don't mind driving like 9 hours (2 of which were in Toronto traffic) to come to a joe meet.

It was cool to see all the CAWs and fun watching the wrestling. I'll try and talk Scamble into letting me buy a PS2 so I can come back next year and dominate you guys in the ring.

My only regret is that I didn't get a chance to play the TCG and defend my reign. But there's always the Montreal Meet??

After seeing Raptor's display cases and Mike's toy room I had a million ideas on how to decorate mine and Scramble's toy room.....Those display cases are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

TankGirl

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 04:35:50 AM »

It sounds like we'll have to organize a road trip next year from Alberta. That would be nice, I've never actually been to Ontario.  :shifty:
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 12:18:09 PM »

Morg. for your 666th post you get a classic Iron Maiden Number of the Beast T-shirt two sizes too small and with black sleeves. :lol:
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

beekerzz24

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 09:57:30 PM »

Had a good time while I was there. Wish i could of stayed longer. Nice to put some faces to the names. Hope to do more business with Realboss. Wish i had more money, as id like to get more items off of gsmiley007. Thanks to Mike for organizing it. With out you there would probably be no meet.
Oh ya, who was the guy with the two huge tables of items on the left side as you walked in? He had a vector jet in one of his bins.

Later Beeker

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 11:27:18 PM »

CondorKnight is his JoeCanuck handle Beekerzz.  Hal (Jr.) is a great guy to deal with.  Come to think of it all the guys that were at the meet are great guys to deal Joe with.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!