JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Shiver fig problems?  (Read 5867 times)

night force cynic

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Shiver fig problems?
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 06:19:01 PM »

I'd be proud to help with the figure for next year if I can.   Let me kno what ya need, Mike, if anything: parts, ideas, whatever.   It'd be awesome to be part of the process... if possible.    :shifty: 

I'm thankful I have a Canuck Meet figure of my own though, being able to get a Shiver toy was quite an accomplishment for me.  SWEET figure.   

I'll be reviewing it for another site, anyone care to read it here too?   (Mine has NO problems at all, it's sturdy)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 01:22:47 PM »

Sure, I love a good figure review.
Updated!

gsmiley007

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 07:26:35 PM »

Still didn't get the screw off, but I managed to pop the head back in, I think next year I'll have to bring him so Mike can unscrew him for me.(in case I have to change an o ring sometime in the future)
Looking for
NF Charbroil Accessories
Starduster Figure
Hard Top with Mic
Heavy Metal Mic

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 08:36:03 AM »

Last night I drilled out the holes in the bottom of my guys feet. I did it VERY SLOWLY as I could feel the plastic expanding from time to time. It took me probably about 10 mins per foot but I'm happy with the end result. One thing i noticed id the boots must be rit dyed black because the plastic inside is white.

As for faults with my figure, yeah my figures body is totally flush and the white areas on his legs have a bit of rit dye transferred on them but that's no big deal. I've had that happen to me with using rit dye as well in the past where I thought I had cleaned it well enough after dying it but sometimes that stuff still transfers. Besides, if the pants were stark white then it wouldn't look realistic. It's not like Shiver is dressed for Sunday tea.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.