JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: More of Morgardee's Customs  (Read 34153 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: More of Morgardee's Customs
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2012, 11:57:50 AM »

Lt Peck was hand picked by Captain Ruin to be in charge of recruiting young confused young people to join the Cobra Youth movement. He is a former Lieutenant of the British Army who was dishonorably discharged from service for reasons unknown to most of the lower to mid ranking Cobra troopers.

Lt. Peck has turned down every code name given him. He insists his rank is Lieutenant and it's his desire to rise in the Cobra ranks and keep his name at the same time. When addressing men under his command he always asks their name and address them by it, never using the word "Viper" unless he is disgusted with the performance of a trooper.

Behind his back the others call him "Silver Tongue". He knows it's his unofficial name and while he hates codes names, that one doesn't offend him as it suits him. He will never respond to the name, but does not feel the need to punish his recruits for calling him when they think he's not listening.

During a training mission Captain Ruin asked him what he thought of his unofficial name. He told Ruin "Code names are for people with something to hide sir, but if they have to call me something at least it's something that is agreeable".

Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »

looks like nothing but trouble. nice one.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2012, 08:44:31 PM »

looks like nothing but trouble. nice one.

Funny thing is I think that's the same head the GIJCC used on this years IG 2 pack as "sergeant major".

Anyhow, today was a nice day, long weekend, wife and son taking abreak from the sun, so I got my new Canon Rebel T3i for my 40th and I was itching to test it, so I did some pictures.

The background on these is simple. They are not customs per say. I was looking at the movie figures and I realized there is a lot of details on these figures. Hasbro just got cheap on the paint apps. I painted detail onto some of the web gear, did a dry brush on the G.I.Joe troopers body, painted some blades, etc...

GI Joe agent Soap draws in the dirt, explaining to Beach Head and company the layout of a Cobra outpost he and his men just investigated:

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2012, 12:05:32 PM »

Wow!  They all look really awesome!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2012, 12:13:34 PM »

Thanks. It's really just the little things that can really pull a figure together. Paint the clasps silver on a the vest, the padding green, the bladed weapons silver, do a dry brush layer, paint the back packs a more believable colour. Things like that. Again, I'm not really calling them customs but trying to highlight the details that someone took the time to sculpt. It really a shame Hasbro opted to overlook the details and just give us these one tone figures. The G.I. Joe trooper is an excellent figure, he just doesn't look it.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2012, 07:01:19 PM »

Well, I really love how well that head you have on Kamakura goes on him though.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2012, 08:44:04 AM »

Not a Joe but still a very cool piece, this was suppose to be Skywarp but now I want to name him "Night Boomer" as a tribute to Night Force:

This is NOT a custom. It the GIJCC Stealth Paratrooper from this years convention. The only thing that is custom is the vest. I just threw it in the rit dye. Soft rubber like this LOVES rit dye.

This is just another red Chrome SNAKE but with silver Cobra logo. I like the weathered look of it:

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2012, 11:05:08 AM »

Dalton and I were painting Joes a while back and he really got back to basics and working with ARAH figures again.

I got a TON of spare parts for ARAH. I don't want to guess how much but it's a lot. Some decent army builders like Alley Vipers and Vipers are in the bin (nope, I'm not selling). So I got in the mindset  that these parts have been sitting around for over 5 years doing nothing. That helped me take the blinders off and able to say anything goes. No holding back because "this guy is an army builder" or "that piece is rare".

With a new relaxed attitude I went to work.

I started to think about the Joe Canuck meet. The event that happened before the meet became the G.I. Joe Canadian convention, when things were more laid back. That is what I wanted to try to build off.

Here's the end result:

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2012, 03:10:39 PM »

who's starboy?

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »

who's starboy?

That's the new one I made. Like most of my customs I didn't bother to name him. The star was a sticker from some random vehicle I had kicking around. I felt the chest was a bit empty and it needed something.

Since you asked, I just googled "Winter weather" and came up with something. Call him Graupel. Sounds french to me.

Graupel: Small pellets of ice created when supercooled water droplets coat, or rime, a snowflake. The pellets are cloudy or white, not clear like sleet, and often are mistaken for hail.

He's another picture of Graupel.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »

looks like a star from an AWE Striker.

nice figure.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2012, 07:46:54 PM »

Thanks. The camera really pulls out all the details I overlook like the face on Graupel. Looks like I didn't clean on the yellow off it when I tried a yellow dry brush on it. I didn't like the yellow so I went with orange / red.

Next challenge I gave myself was to take a bunch of crappy parts and try to make something good. I started this one with my son in the summer. It came about when he found the Raptor cape and put it on the Snow Serpent body. I thought the Snow Serpent body sort of looked like tiny feathers so I made a guy to counter Raptor.

Griffon was born: