JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: G.I. Joe Collector 5-Pack Assortment: Wave 1 2009 @ Wal~Mart / Zellers  (Read 11219 times)

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile

Fairview Wal~Mart in Kitchener a couple cases of the new 5-packs out today.  They scanned at $29.99.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 03:02:20 PM by Storm.Shadow »

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Collector 5-Pack Assortment: Wave 1 2009 @ Wal~Mart
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 12:16:08 PM »

Which ones? This isn't the DVD sets, is it?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Storm.Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 12:57:01 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
Which ones? This isn't the DVD sets, is it?

No it's not the one with the DVD.  I'll see if I can dig up the link with images.
On another note they are on "International" packaging for the variant hunters out there.

Storm.Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 01:01:21 PM »

These ones.

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 01:52:43 PM »

might just have to pick up the cobra set as I still don't have a Black Baroness...

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 05:19:13 PM »

Quote from: "freakx2001"
might just have to pick up the cobra set as I still don't have a Black Baroness...

Same here. I need a good Baroness. I'm surprised we're getting these at all in Canada. Though since they gave this website the "first look" if I recall, then they should come out here. :)

Laird

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 05:41:48 PM »

Thanks Storm.Shadow! You're hints have helped me out many times! (The Sigma 6 stuff at Winners a while back saved me hundreds). I'm going to go check my Wal-Mart now.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 08:29:47 PM »

Yeah. I really want the Joe 5 pack, but 30 bones for figures that I already have... I'm not sure that I can justify it.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 09:58:28 PM »

Quote from: "Raptor"
Yeah. I really want the Joe 5 pack, but 30 bones for figures that I already have... I'm not sure that I can justify it.

:chicken:
I think I'm going to wait a little while and see what happens---same with the Hall of Hero's.  Pricey for reruns with minor changes.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 10:45:38 PM »

man, I am too impatient. I ordered my Joe #2 set from the states today. The Wal-marts in London, Ontario drive me insane, and don't even get me started on what's wrong with our TRU. However, I still need that Cobra set so maybe I'll drive down to the W-M tonight and have a look. This morning I went out to the third Wal-Mart in London, one that is outside of the city, middle of nowheresville, and their toy selection was crazy. They had TONS of Paravipers, Bazooka Troopers, Cobra Flints, a few BAT, an Eel, several Glendas and Bludds. It's as if no army builder ever goes there. Last month, maybe five weeks ago, I went in there and grabbed a second BAT, Eel and Bazooka Trooper, and caught hell from my wife for buying things I had already. It was painful leaving the army builders there today. At any rate, if you find yourself on the way to Strathroy, the London Hyde Park Super Wal-Mart will please you greatly for army building. Oh and I nearly bought the 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime I saw there, so friggin' cool. But I have to convince myself I don't care about Transformers, which I don't, really. But wow, those 83-84 style Transformer remakes are sweet!

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 08:23:08 AM »

How much was the 25th Optimus Prime? I saw him in the States and he was hella expensive. I think it was $75 American.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 08:42:51 AM »

I'm interested in the Optimus Prime as well. I haven't seen any locally yet.

As for the 5 packs, I hit the Walmart Storm Shadow mentioned. Yep, there was 5 or 6 of each set. I picked up the Cobra set but I have to say this was the hardest time I've had justifying why I need them. I almost left without buying them. I'm sick of Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow. The Zartan is not as good as the one that came out as a singles pack a couple of months ago. The Baroness is decent, just make sure you check them all out. Most of them look like her hair is glued too far back on her head, giving her a huge forehead. I picked up the one with the one with the hair that wasn't so far back and she looks good.

The best thing from the set is the Viper. The arms work great, he doesn't fall backwards when put on his stand and the chrome face plate is great. The only down side is his head doesn't feel like it wants to move. I could probably work it loose buy honestly, it's not worth the risk. Also, these figures are easy to remove from the packs so you bet the scummy figure swappers are going to be switching the chrome face vipers for the older Vipers with bad wrists. I can hear them justifying it now "It's still a Viper and a little kid isn't going to know the difference". WRONG! Kids like shinny things just as much as us adult collectors. Besides, that also screws over other adult collectors who do know the difference.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.