JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: G.I. Joe Collector 5-Pack Assortment: Wave 1 2009 @ Wal~Mart / Zellers  (Read 11220 times)

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Collector 5-Pack Assortment: Wave 1 2009 @ Wal~Mart
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 08:02:18 AM »

Quote from: "Laird"
If anyone sees these in a Wal-Mart, TRU or Zellers in the Toronto or Hamilton area please post here. I haven't seen them round these parts yet. Silver Snail has them but they are $49.99 (OUCH!)

Hwy 400/7 walmart had a whole endcap filled with these and the "best of" DVD sets yesterday. I'd imagine these are going to be at all walmarts en masse, so you'll probably find them at your closest walmart any time now.

I like the Joe set since I don't have a loose flint and SE is in his proper black v2 outfit. The rest are redundant though. The cobra set, I wouldn't mind a sleeveless SS, or a chrome plated Viper (though I never cared for vipers), but the rest are a total waste. Not worth the cost for those slight changes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 10:12:50 AM »

I didn't pick up the Joe set. The new Snake Eyes doesn't look so great up close. I like the new Timber though. I was more tempted by the Flint. I have Tiger Force Flint and Cobra Disguise but not the other. I'm ok with the Lady Jay's I already have.

I did get the Cobra set. I had some QC problems with Baroness's forearm and the Vipers helmet but a little glue fixed that. I suppose I could have just taken it back but it was raining pretty hard. Baroness's arm stays on now and still twists so I guess its all good.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 11:30:39 AM »

I freakin knuckled under and bought the set (finding someone local to take the hawk off my hands helped).

The QC on the figures is spotty at best. Flint has gloves, but they come off really easily, as do Shipwreck's hands. Certainly an improvement, but pretty far from a perfect "fix" for the figure. The Head on Shippy is much better, but still not really well proportioned to the new body. Again better, but not perfect. The flint head is also a little wierd - the original was better. It does feature fixed hands and crotch though, which makes it superior to the original in terms ov movement and posability.

I can't get Snake Eyes to stand up without the figure stand, and his posture is terrible. The torso joint is a little loose, which makes him stand a bit unnaturally no matter what pose you put him in. He comes with a backpack, but you can't put a sword in it like you could the 85 one, so far as I can tell. The sword is nice, but I've already lost the damned thing somewhere.

Lady Jaye comes with swivel wrists and a 44 Magnum like she did in the comics (if you take it away from Shipwreck, who is holding it).  Vast improvement if you can do without the cleavage. Her collar restricts the side to side and up and down movement of her head.

Hawk is a bit better too, with the shoulder things actually fitting better than the single pack release. 
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 11:40:50 AM »

If anyone gets the DVD set and doesn't want the Cobra Commander, I would love to have him.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 06:56:06 PM »

I saw these sets in Oshawa today.  They were in a different section than the dust collecting wave one vehicles.

I also saw the 25th Optimus Prime.  Wow.  Very cool but 69.99 bucks?  Come on. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 07:07:33 PM »

Picked up the Cobra set since there were only 2 left and about 6 of the Joe set.  Overall pretty good.

Thankfully TRU has gotten the DCIH 3 packs.  Picked up Hawkman & warriors for $20!!!  Considering the singles are $10.99 it is a hell of a deal.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 07:30:38 PM »

I wish I had the money to get these, now.  But, if they're at Walmart now, it's a safe bet they'll be there in 6 months.

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 12:35:41 PM »

just picked a set up in Ottawa. Grabbed the Cobra set. Like always there are way to many on the shelves. Between the Joe, Cobra and Best of sets, I think there was easily 20 - 30 sets on the shelves.

Laird

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2009, 04:05:02 PM »

Quote from: "darth cujo"
Quote from: "Laird"
If anyone sees these in a Wal-Mart, TRU or Zellers in the Toronto or Hamilton area please post here. I haven't seen them round these parts yet. Silver Snail has them but they are $49.99 (OUCH!)

Hwy 400/7 walmart had a whole endcap filled with these and the "best of" DVD sets yesterday. I'd imagine these are going to be at all walmarts en masse, so you'll probably find them at your closest walmart any time now.

I like the Joe set since I don't have a loose flint and SE is in his proper black v2 outfit. The rest are redundant though. The cobra set, I wouldn't mind a sleeveless SS, or a chrome plated Viper (though I never cared for vipers), but the rest are a total waste. Not worth the cost for those slight changes.

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to get a Joe set at the Dufferin Mall TRU. It was $5 more, but it would have cost me that much to get up to Hwy 400/7 Wal-Mart.

Storm.Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 12:49:29 PM »

Kitchener Toys'R'Us has these out now as well.

Storm.Shadow

• View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Collector 5-Pack Assortment: Wave 1 2009 @ Wal~Mart / Zellers
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2009, 03:02:37 PM »

Cambridge Mall Zellers had a few of these out today.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Collector 5-Pack Assortment: Wave 1 2009 @ Wal~Mart / Zellers
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2009, 03:50:01 PM »

How much at Zellers?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.