JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Start checking your local Walmarts.  (Read 7055 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Start checking your local Walmarts.
« on: September 11, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »

I was at Warden/Eglinton today and they didn't have much, but they did have a Retaliation Fang Boat on clearance for $10. 

So if you happen by a Walmart, maybe check and see if they are clearancing the Retaliation stuff.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Start checking your local Walmarts.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 09:02:14 AM »

It was all pulled in my area. I suspect it's going to show up in those caged $5 bins they put in front of the toy section soon.

Still, even if they do a blow out at something like $5 a figure I find it hard to get excited over the product. Honestly I think my interest in G.I. Joe is fading. Heck, my interest is toys in general is hardly there. 
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:25:41 AM »

Still, even if they do a blow out at something like $5 a figure I find it hard to get excited over the product. Honestly I think my interest in G.I. Joe is fading. Heck, my interest is toys in general is hardly there.

Same boat (no pun intended). 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Sam

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 01:00:31 PM »

I was at Warden/Eglinton today and they didn't have much, but they did have a Retaliation Fang Boat on clearance for $10. 

So if you happen by a Walmart, maybe check and see if they are clearancing the Retaliation stuff.

Thanks for the info.

Picked up the 4 x 4 and the Fang boat at $10 at Scarborough Town Center.

Also picked up couple Retaliation figures at $5 a piece.  Along with a 30th Cobra Trooper and PoC Cobra Commander, also for $5 each.   :)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 08:44:54 AM »

Same boat (no pun intended).

Glad it's not just me.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 12:57:05 PM »

Ya i feel the same, aside from exclusives, Joe is starting to fall in the back for me.  Picking up a few sideshow joes rekindled a bit of it but Im actually pretty happy with my joe collection for once.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

DPrime

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »

Makes sense. We are kind of in a dry spell right now. I feel the same way as you guys.

That said I'd better go check Winners - I still wouldn't mind a couple more Techno Vipers... :)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 11:41:58 AM »

Makes sense. We are kind of in a dry spell right now. I feel the same way as you guys.

That said I'd better go check Winners - I still wouldn't mind a couple more Techno Vipers... :)

I don't think it's a dry spell for me. I look around my rec room and workout rooms and here is a billion Joe's all over the place and it's looking chaotic.

Even when new stuff comes out I'm just not excited much anymore. G.I. Joe was my main toy line but other toy lines don't excite me any more.

Scratch that, I got excited over the Marvel Mega Bloks line but that is because my son Dalton and I have been watching Avengers, Spiderman, etc... on DVD the past few weeks and we've been playing Mega Bloks together on rain days.

Unless it's for my six year old then the interest just isn't there for me. I think at the tender age of 40 the switch flipped in my head and I'm loosing interest in toys. I can't even use the "it's collectible" excuse anymore. Things don't retain the value anymore.

Who knows, I might chance my mind later, but right now it's meh.

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 10:23:20 PM »

Scratch that, I got excited over the Marvel Mega Bloks line but that is because my son Dalton and I have been watching Avengers, Spiderman, etc... on DVD the past few weeks and we've been playing Mega Bloks together on rain days.

Too bad Mega Bloks no longer has the rights to Marvel, and after Spider-Man, there won't be any more new stuff from them as Lego now has the rights. Disney got Marvel and decided they wanted to work with lego.

I thought Mega Bloks did a great job with the characters with figures utilizing different pieces/heads, where with lego it's almost always the same buck with different paint mask.