JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Guaranteed to bring out the animal in you. Transformers Beast Wars  (Read 3011 times)

g.ijoecollecter3400

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • where not worthy
    • View Profile

Being a child of the 80's. I can remember fondly playing with me Transformers g1's, g.i joe, he-man, bravestar and M.a.s.k toys.

What i dont remember fondly @ all where the cartoons they where from...? Sure i know they existed. But its only now 20 yrs latter im starting to watch them again, so i can remember them better.

If i was using my memorie from childhood the only cartoons i remember well are X-MEN and Transformers Beast Wars.

So to my point: I really liked the beast wars cartoons, I didnt have any figures from the line. But i just really like watching the show.

Transformers where never my #1 cartoon. ( actually i find that i cant ''get into'' the vintage transformers cartoon @ all )
And i was never a die hard '' liking animals kinda kid '' So it surprises me that i liked beast wars so much...!

I guess 2 wrong do make a right...

if it was just a marketing gimmik it worked on me..lol

anyway, id like to know what you die hard transformers guys thought about that show...?
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Guaranteed to bring out the animal in you. Transformers Beast Wars
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 02:16:12 PM »

never seen it. i'd out-grown Transformers at that point and was heavily into Star Trek shows and Star Wars novels.

as for the G1 toon, i barely saw it because it only aired a few season 1 episodes over here, before it got pulled. i mainly grew up with the comics which i re-read incesantly. all the toon stuff i had on VHS was the movie. which rocks, but when i rewatched Transformers on a friend's kid's video whilst i was babysitting, i concluded pretty swiftly that it was a steaming pile next to the comics.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

g.ijoecollecter3400

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 02:52:18 PM »

I have to correct myself here. I did latter on find some beast wars figures @ a second hand store. So @ 25 cents for a collectable figure thats worth 5$-6$,,ya sure im gonna bring it home and put it with the rest of my stuff...

Its funny how how the g1 cartoon is hard to watch but the figures are so awesome. And then vis versa for beast wars, the cartoon was watchable but the figures where kinda crappy.

And then now a days i find the new transformers cartoons and toys from the cartoons like ehhhh....whatever. ( The master peace stuff is supper awesome though )

As far as the transformers new movies go, i found that the first one was hard to watch because the bots new looks where so far of from what they originally looked like. They where all sharp and shinny metal with 18 millon moving parts....? I never seen no transformer like that before..LOL...

But...But.. I do have to say once you excepte the the movie consepte of the new look of the bots, the movies are done very well done. And they get better and better each time..!
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 04:22:51 PM »

i love the Bay movies and i have no trouble telling them apart (well, aside from all the generic 'cons in 2 and 3 of course) and have no problem with how they look.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 09:18:30 AM »

I was finished school and had a couple of very young kids during the BW era.

Beast Wars was great show - the best TF show as far as I am concerned.  My wife and I sat down every Friday night to watch it - she was a big Reboot fan.

Toys were cool and somewhat innovative as well.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.