JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: World's Finest Lobster's  (Read 3690 times)

g.ijoecollecter3400

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • where not worthy
    • View Profile
World's Finest Lobster's
« on: August 13, 2013, 02:54:49 PM »

Hey guys, I know a lot of you are located in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta and many, many other places where lobster retails for something like 35$ a pound.... Just wanna let you know i can hook you guys up for way cheaper... You basically just gotta pay anywhere from 5$ to 10$ a pound and your shipping cost...

Season opens the last week of November, just in time for christmas.

I can ship orders now, but the season not being open yet the cost would be anywhere from 15$ to 20$ a pound.

FRESH, LIVE. HARD SHELL, LOBSTER ! ! !

SHIPPED IN A STYROFOAM BOX WITH ICE PACKS AND THIRSTY PADS SOAKED IN SALT WATER.

COST OF THE BOX approx. 10$
COST OF ICE PACKS approx. 1$ each ( depending on how far its going more of these may have to be added to keep them fresh )
COST OF THIRSTY PADS approx. 50 cents each.
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: World's Finest Lobster's
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 08:46:22 PM »

Well I'm allergic to shellfish, but I like that this kind of post made it into our boards. We could definitely save a lot of money and help a joe bro at the same time. I would only be able to offer poutine in an airtight sealed cardboardbox  but I don't know if the mailman will have served himself all of it by the time you get it. These mailmen, they're on the road alot, they get hungry and they need to eat something...
2 + 2 = 22

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 10:21:01 PM »

LOL  ;D  happy to help

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 10:44:34 PM »

Not to get tecnical here, but i will. LOL.

For those of you that dont know why you pay 30$ something $$$ a pound for lobster ill tell you.

Im @ the forfront of the lobster industry, im on a lobster boat, i fish these things to make my living to be able to buy g.i joe figures, to be able to join this site, to be able to talk to you guys about g.i joe figures, to in turn post stuff like worlds fines lobsters. LOL

1. i catch the lobsters, last year we got 3.50$ a pound when we sold them to the buyer's truck @ the warf.

2. the buyer takes them to his lobster pound and seperates them. size and what not. He also adds his extra 1$ 2$ or whatever extra he wants to make per pound.

3. those lobsters that wher originally bought by the lobster pound buyer @ 3.50$ a pound are bought by another buyer ( lets say in toronto @ 5.50$ a pound ) plus that Toronto guy has to pay outragous air freight fee's...( lets say like 8$ a pound )

4. So the toronto lobster dealer ends up with 13.50$ a pound out of his pocket and he hasen't even made any money on the things yet....?  Double 13.50$ a pound you get very close to 30$ somethin $ a pound.

Now these prices are based on origanaly selling for 3.50$ a pound down here.

WITH ME YOU WOULD BE CUTTING OUT 2 MIDDLE MEN, MY BUYER AND THE GUY THAT BUYS FROM HIM. TOGETHER THOSE 2 GUYS ARE PUTTING A 30% MARK UP ON TOTAL COST.
SO NOW IM GONNA BE THE BAD GUY MAKING 1$ a pound....? gimmy a break. LOL  This is just offering my services and trying to be nice...

Last winter i saw us getting as high as 10$ before easter. ( that musta been 60$ a pound im T.O, LOL )

Can anybody tell me whats the highest price they paid or have seen advertise for lobster....?

Zenith27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 12:21:12 AM »

I was just reading about how there's a bumper crop of lobster this year!

http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/16/news/economy/shrimp-prices/index.html

Is it better for you if the prices are high? I guess only if you're the one catching 'em at that time.

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 01:47:04 PM »

Ya, we get paid a percentage out of what we sell them for. So the more we catch the more money we make. And the higher the price the more we make also.  But its a catch 22 situation. The more we catch the lower the price ends up to be...

Speaking about the bumper crop: Yes, I dont know whats going on @ the bottom of the ocean,,,? But some guys have been coming in with record numbers of lobster's these last few years.

One crate holds 100 pounds of lobster's.

Some guys comin the first day with 80 to 110 crates.

80 crates x 100 pounds is 8000 pounds.

8000 pounds x 3.50$ ( 3.50$ a pound is the lowest it ever went btw ) is 28,000$ in one day !!!....but the fishing is only good like that for the first week, the second week the catches go down by half as much weight, the 3rd week goes down by half again, till eventualy you just bring an average of 1000 pounds a week. Thats when you see the price go up, when the lobsters start to get scarse.

Last year i seen the price @ 10$ a pound just before easter, becuase the weither was bad and the lobster was so scarse, hardly anybody could go out fishing. And the buyers needed to stock up for the easter rush......SO the buyers basically ask the boats,,,'' how much for you guys to go drown..? ''   10$ a pound !!! LOL ( hey that rymes, drown/pound ) ;D

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 02:10:12 PM »

I was just reading about how there's a bumper crop of lobster this year!

http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/16/news/economy/shrimp-prices/index.html

Is it better for you if the prices are high? I guess only if you're the one catching 'em at that time.

Everything in that video is true....The buyers are basically squeezing us for every last dollar to be able to end up in there pocket instead of ours...!  And its rediculous !!!  If the buyers keep driving the price down eventually the fisherman are going to get fed up and say to the buyers, '' F**k YA, You want lobsters @ 2.50$ a pound you go catch em ''

We get up @ 3;00 am, most of the time in the freezing cold, to get to the warf by 4;00 am, to drive 2 hrs away, to lift 100 pound traps x 400 all day. running them back and forth. Getting bite by lobsters while trying to put ban's on them. 

And thats a good day !!!!

A bad day would consiste of all of the above plus having some traull lines snagged with another boat's gear or something. Over and over all day ( and it happens often ). And you can lose fingers in the hawler or the baite chopper, or get caught in the ropes and get dragged into the ocean with 1300 pounds of rope and traps hauling you to the bottom, or you can catch an ancor to the face and body @ the side of the boat....

Now after hearing all that do you really think i wanna go fishing ( put MY life on the line ) making 10% of the catch. @ 3.50$ a pound.....?  When i got my income taxes i divided my total income by the # of weeks we fish. It was like 500$ or 600$ a week...

Not enough money to drown or loose fingers....not even close !

Thats why, if the buyers keep pushing the price down eventually there will be nobody left to go fishing. well just get 8 to 5 jobs and be safer and still make 500$ a week. ( the buyers say the price is so low because there is NO MARKET for them )
BULLPOOP !!!  If thers no market why do they keep buying them day after day....?

Zenith27

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 12:45:30 AM »

I knew a lot of guys in my home town that tried to get into the Salmon fishery and it's a killer. I knew guys that were told if they ever fished for a living they were likely to lose their fingers due to the cold.

You watch Deadliest Catch? What do you think of it? I know it's not the same fishery but you must have some of the same experiences.

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 10:10:55 AM »

Deadlist catch, Now those guys earn there money..!!!

Its exactly like what we do except everything is bigger and colder.

There boats are 5 times the size of ours.
Thers pots 10 x the size
The cold they fish in 3 x as bad as ours.
The waves 2 x as big.
They go on 3 or 4 day fishing trips, where home every night.

But when its all said and done those guys make 5 x what we do in a year...And they deserve it !!!!   Im sure they buyer try to shit on them as much as possible too. Sometimes on the show you here them say, '' dirty crab ''. Thats just the buyers being picky...
Sure you cant sell a dirty crab whole @ a restaurant because it looks like shitty brown instaed of pearly white. But nothing shouild be stopping those dirty crab from going to a cannery....?

Basically same pricipal as us, Fish the pots, load em on board, look for better fishing , dump em, do it all over again.