JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Beekerz Toy Room  (Read 6741 times)

beekerzz24

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Beekerz Toy Room
« on: October 29, 2006, 07:59:12 PM »

Here's what I have come up with for a temporary setup of my new Gi Joe room since my old one got converted to the nursery.

http:// see below
Enjoy

Beeker
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 09:24:20 PM by beekerzz24 »

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
Beekerz Toy Room
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 11:54:42 PM »

looks great.  I even spotted the stuff you picked up from me  lol.

Your extra parts system  sure beats   my   "its in one of these boxes"  set up  lol

:thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Zinthos.

beekerzz24

• View Profile
Re: Beekerz Toy Room
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 05:43:44 PM »

Custom Carded Figure: Black Ice       (**Card by Beekerzz24**)
Custom Carded Figure: Blue Nullifier (**Card by M6D**) added 12/02/2007
Custom Carded Figure: Red Nullifier  (**Card by M6D**) added 13/02/2007

[font=Verdana:2yrqd7u3]http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r170/beekerzz24/[/font:2yrqd7u3][/i][/b]

More custom cards to following soon.

thanks
Beeker
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 08:59:49 PM by beekerzz24 »

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 01:08:20 PM »

Just amazing work. Two thoughts on your custom card work:

1) Ever consider using the bubble that you can open (I know Bountyu Hunter use to use them when you bought loose figures).

2) How much to get my guys given the MOC tratment?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

JoeIndex

• View Profile
    • http://www.thejoeindex.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 03:51:31 PM »

Looks very cool. While I don't want to card my figure I'd be interested in having a card for the novelty of it. Is there a way I can get one of those?
The JoeIndex - updated 02/18/2007

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 09:41:25 PM »

Quote from: "JoeIndex"
Looks very cool. While I don't want to card my figure I'd be interested in having a card for the novelty of it. Is there a way I can get one of those?

If you want Beek - just email me the file and I'll toss it up on the JoeCanuck server for people to freely download.
- Mike

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 11:04:25 PM »

That custom Black Ice card is just too sweet.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 07:36:42 AM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
2) How much to get my guys given the MOC tratment?
Quote from: "JoeIndex"
Is there a way I can get one of those?

So here's where everyone will think I'm a complete prick. Please feel free to tell me your opinion. My PM box is always open.

Over the last few months, Beekerz has worked on cardbacks for Black Ice and Joecanuck. While these do look great, he originally did not get permission from Loop or myself to use the art, name, or logos associated with these characters. Beekerz did get permission from us however on the condition that he did not sell these items. From what I'm hearing now, he instead wants to trade them. Although he wasn't expressly told he could not turn a profit and a trade does not word for word go against Loop's or my condition for permission, I feel this behavior is inconsiderate.

As of now, I have revoked permission to use the JoeCanuck name, past exclusives and Loops artwork on his cards. I emailed Loop about this and I'm sure he'll back me up as well. If you are trading with Beekerz for a Black Ice or Joe Canuck card, keep in mind it is unauthorized and at the expense of our work - and especially Loop's generousity.

- Mike

(OK. Let the hating begin.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 07:18:11 PM by Anonymous »

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 10:56:51 AM »

I think Beekerz and I already have an understanding that my artwork will not be reproduced, period. Whether for profit or trading (in a way, my artwork would act as currency to others' gains in trading).

beekerzz24

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 12:50:56 PM »

Ok guys, you have me confused and frustrated. What am I think.
First you asked me to Remove the BHT logo. That was fine, my mistake. I did so.
Second I asked Loop if i could use his art on my card for my personnel card. So i PM'd him. His statement" Sure thing, as long as it's for your personal collection." (and yes i should of asked way before, but never thought of it at the time until raptor mentioned it)
Then made sure it was ok to use the Joecanuck.com on the card. Mike was fine with that.
I released the new picture with my black ice on the card i had. everyone seem to like.
Mike then asked if i would email him the pictures for everyone to freely download. I said i would have to check with loop
first, as he said  as long as it was for my own personnel collection. Loop dissappoved . So I regretfully informed Mike, that Loop disapproved.
As for trading or selling this, that is untrue, I am the only one with it. Yes some have asked in the forums about wanting one.
Some have asked me to make them a card for there own creation custom figures that is it.  If everyone comes to an agreement to post the card, I will upload it to Mike.  Thats the way I saw things. I think there might be some mis-understanding between all of us, and would like to get it cleared up.

Beeker

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 12:07:39 AM »

Quote from: "beekerzz24"
Mike then asked if i would email him the pictures for everyone to freely download.

Only because people were asking for it - and it was a simple way to allow them to get it for free - because we didn't want it being sold.

Quote from: "beekerzz24"
If everyone comes to an agreement to post the card, I will upload it to Mike.

Loop and I have changed our minds on it. Please respect that.

If it's availble for everyone - then ANY one can potentally sell it.
Not only would we have Loop and myself pissed at someone making money off of our work - but now someone would be making money off of your work.

Thus, we no longer approve of the usage of name, graphics, etc.

I can't stop you from making one for your own collection - but we shouldn't see it in any 'toy room' pics, nor should we ever see one in another persons collection or on ebay. The only way it would end up on ebay or in someone elses collection,  is if you sold/traded one to someone else since you're the only one with it. Should it show up on ebay, or anyone elses collection, then you'll be removed from this site. It's harsh - but unless you have 'plans' to sell or trade it - that option shouldn't bother you in the least.

You shouldn't be confused on it now right?

narceron

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 08:30:13 PM »

Wow,

I had no idea black ice was really the "slipperly slope" that Pluv identified it as.

My question is why doesn't joecanuck make the art?  Then anyone wanting a joecanuck card would have access to it and would also be aware when looking at, lets say, evil bay, that the card is not official.

Err, wait a second, are we talking about a mass marketing of it, also?  Would people really be so naive as to pay large sum of money for it?  I'm asking honestly, because until recently, I had no idea that joe accessories were worth as much if not more than figure(a point made to me by several members of several boards).

/back to lurking