JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GTG raffle and give away thru the main site...  (Read 1982 times)

Bekker

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
GTG raffle and give away thru the main site...
« on: December 17, 2006, 02:26:16 AM »

Hope its cool to post this here,i didnt want to leave you guys out...Thanks Bekker..If its not cool to post here I more then understand.

We are going to do a raffle....and here is how it will work.

Price is 20.00 for a raffle number,after you pay thru paypal to the GTG account,we will email you a number,we will then put the number in a big old box.We will accept raffle purchases for the next 2 weeks,the cut off for all purchases will be december 30th,and the winner will be announced Newyears day,why not ring in the new year 700.00 richer or playing a brand new 60GB PS3?

We wanted to do something to give back to all our customers and all the great people on the boards.

Good luck and enter as much as you want.....

Thanks
Gunzz and Bek
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: GTG raffle and give away thru the main site...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 09:47:13 AM »

Thanks for the notice. And nice to see there aren't hard feelings between boards.
Updated!

Bekker

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 11:54:33 AM »

No problem,and i never have hard feelings on the boards,it takes away from having fun with the hobby.i wanna be 85 and still making toys and talking with my bros,i had some health issues a few years back ,and that was keeping me from being more involved so i just lurked,but now i try as harrde as i can to make as much time for the hobby as i can.

just a lil history about how this project came up,every year i make a donation to make a wish or some other charity,i thought this year let me make one into some thing is dear to my own heart and it my hobby and the people i share it with,there are alot of members across the boards I am still new to,but i plan to be as active as i can.I like giving back,i think its what its all about,there are some great admins on many boards who work there tails off,BHT,Beav,Leo from Battle lines to name a few,and all the talent out there that give us countless hours of viewing pleasure,well i just feel its worth giving back,and maybe just maybe this lil raffle project will make some bodys newyear.This is not coming from GTG as much as it is our own pockets,we really want people to know its the money that has us driven,its all the cool fans,members and brothers in paint and sculpty,....

Thanks all
Dave

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 06:04:32 PM »

Dave,

I'm locking this thread - please don't take offense.

Now let me explain my actions as I'm sure 'someone' will think I'm a complete dick for doing this.

I locked it on the grounds that solicitation for charitable things of this nature should be cleared by the site administrator (myself) prior to posting. I know there's no written rule for it, but that's what I feel should be done at any site. You wouldn't be able to stand in your local Target or TRU and promote this without their permission - therefore I'm going by those same rules. So... I'm going to add them in the 'Sign Up' rules as of today.

Pertaining to what I just wrote, Bekker never 'actually' said it was for a charatable contribution, that's me reading that into it because of the reference to Toys For Tots. (I know I'm not the only one that thought this). Bekker actually wrote: "We wanted to do something to give back to all our customers and all the great people on the boards." While that's great that you want to reward your customers (something I did many times), I don't think posting on a site that you've been a member of for a day or two should be included in that. Technichally speaking this is a contest via the G2G site where the winner gets $700.00. Nowhere does Bekker say that the extra money, if any, will go anywhere else besides his pocket or the guys from G2G.

I'm NOT saying you would do that Dave, just stating an obvious point. For this to be a charity-type thing, you could set up your PayPal account to be just that - for Charity. It sounds like what you want to do is a 50/50 draw for.... something... anyway.... in which case if it WAS for Charity, then the winners would normally donate their #700.00 back to Charity. But this isn't for Charity (according to your post), so I'm not allowing it. Sorry.

When I did giveaways, it was always done through my MAIN store site. NEVER on YoJoe or JoeCustoms or here at JoeCanuck.com even. It was mailed out to my customer base - and only to them (or posted on my site). That's a MUCH better way to reward your past customers. Give ONLY them a chance to win this. (or any contest). It encourages people to join any mailing lists or message board you have - and will make people talk about G2G.

You may want to try that instead of pushing the G2G site so much. 9 times out of 10 when I see a post from you on the boards, it's usually referencing people to visit G2G - that's your job - I get that. So slap the url in your sig and just post normally on boards. ;-)

I found that I got alot more traffic with word of mouth and that little tagline in my sig than a 'draw' or 'sale' posting like this one. :-)

I mean no harm towards you, or the G2G site, so please don't take it that way.

If anyone on this site wishes to participate, they know where to go. ;-)

Email me with any comments if you wish.
Thanks
Mike
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 06:06:28 PM by Anonymous »