JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: question for the fans  (Read 3767 times)

flintfan1983

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
question for the fans
« on: December 21, 2013, 12:01:11 AM »

So.. I've been a fan of gi joe since i was a child..my first joe being battle corps flint when i was nine yrs old. since i have collected many of the original joes..but i have always. always been torn whether i like the 12' joes or the 3' joes better.many pros and cons. either. way...so I'm asking you guys what yall think. so 12' or 3' whatcha think fellow. joe fans???

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: question for the fans
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 02:08:32 AM »

3 3/4 easy. they're mostly cheaper and mostly easier to get.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

flintfan1983

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 04:37:48 AM »

True that. but price aside. 1/6scale u get far more durability ..detail. .real clothes..gear.. granted u have to go with sideshow to get comic based figures..

flintfan1983

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 04:40:39 AM »

(I go with sideshow )   

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 08:41:22 AM »

I think you'll find mostly 3 3/4 fans here.
Never had the 12" ones, so the nostalgia for me is the little guys. Easier to store/hoard as well!
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

flintfan1983

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »

Lol don't. get me wrong. I love my 3' joes as well. Just wanted some other fan input:)

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 11:08:17 AM »

I collect both, and have always collected both (as an adult). I've got about 500 12" figures--Hasbro, 21C, all brands, and about an equal number of 4" 25th Ann and recent Joes.
I bemusedly note the segregation that many collectors put in place regarding both scales, and the denigration that some fling at the other.
Both scales have their charm and appeal, both have seen advances........both scales have their dumb stuff,  and their black sheep.

I like the detail, and the articulation, and the cool-factor in the looks of certain figures.
I used to be big on vehicles, but space limitations have nixed collecting them. I don't collect the very-high end 12" stuff now, because the cost works against the fragility of the parts. I want something with a bit or durability to it, and a bit of "look"--and frankly the very modern "everything-is-Neptune-Spear" is boring as hell.
 The price of some of these current figures is now greater than the cost of all-custom figures back when I started in the hobby.
Kitbashing is easier with the 12" scale, but no less fun in the 4" size--and the after-market products to enhance either scale are quite good.

flintfan1983

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 11:21:19 AM »

Ahh thank you arrow. so I'm. not alone ib collecting both:) i also collect the 8' sigma line as well. and your definitely rigght about the vehicle thing as well. i have been wanting to fashion a remote control jeep willys for my 1/6 scale figures . but the price tag on that is pretty preposterous .

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 12:56:58 PM »

Ahh thank you arrow. so I'm. not alone ib collecting both:) i also collect the 8' sigma line as well. and your definitely rigght about the vehicle thing as well. i have been wanting to fashion a remote control jeep willys for my 1/6 scale figures . but the price tag on that is pretty preposterous .
There's forums that can direct you on how-to's and purchasable sources, so the price tags may not always be unreasonable.
Check out:
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/front-page-news/

http://onesixthnet.yuku.com/