JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: FSS 2.0 figures announced  (Read 14523 times)

STARDUSTER

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: FSS 2.0 figures announced
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 07:52:47 PM »

I had the same problem too, last issue I received was in December... and my membership was only expiring in May, what was her answer about you not receiving your magazines ?

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 08:33:42 PM »

I had the same problem too, last issue I received was in December... and my membership was only expiring in May, what was her answer about you not receiving your magazines ?

They are re-sending them. You should call or email them. They can be reasonable. Angie is very nice to talk with.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Hobbes

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 08:58:56 PM »

I had the problem with the newsletter too, last issue received was December. They re-sent the last few months' to me but could offer no explanation as to why they stopped arriving in the first place.  Luckily I haven't had any issues with the FSS so far.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2013, 11:59:57 PM »

From the sounds of it they are having a big problem with their mass mailer company.  this happened a few years ago as well and they had to switch companies.

My newsletters stopped coming the same time as well, but I did contact them regarding January and February's newsletters and they mailed them to me within a week.  I'm waiting on March and April's to see if they or May's newsletter shows up for that matter.

I've dealt with Angie in the past and actually visit with her at the Cons when I attend them.  She is very kind and helpful with any issue.
At present I have been dealing with Karen via email and she is just as helpful and friendly.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2013, 02:43:14 PM »

Excellent news for Canadians! I've been in touch with the club on and off for a few weeks now questioning the high rates to ship to Canada and providing hard numbers to back my questions.

I called to ask about where my last months issue was and had to tell Angie my name. She immediately recognized my name from my emails and she opened the dialog for the shipping concerns I've had for FFS 2. I wanted to buy two sets but $170 seemed to high. The real number is $111.30. They are changing the rates on the web site AND they are going to contact Canadian members who have already purchased and offer refunds on the difference.

There are other numbers in the cost like $4.00 handling per order but I'm fine with that number.

The good news is the price is dropping and refunds are coming.

I always say it doesn't hurt to ask. This is one of those situations where it all worked out.  ;D

awesome man, thanks for calling them.  I hope they follow through with the refund.

Also Its good to hear Im not the only one who isnt getting the newletters, I emailed them but no response yet.  I had this issue last year as well.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 06:25:29 PM »

Yep. I got an e-mail today. Shipping for Canadians is now very good.

STARDUSTER

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 08:27:43 PM »

I did talk to Angie but she said that It must be something with my post office ??? lol I have been living on the same street for 35 years and never had any problem with my local post office .... so I decided to just stop playing the email game with her... As long as I get my subscription figure Iceberg and my FSS figures I am ok.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 11:37:03 PM »

Angie did email me today and I got the discount.  I had to call her to confirm everything and I was so happy that I ordered a second set of the FSS.  With the news letter I get it every 2 to 3 months.   
Lurking

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 08:45:47 AM »

I've got word from a few guys you are all getting refunds. I'm glad it all worked out.

I've said good things and bad things about the Master Collector group. Yes, they still make some mistakes but there are two positive things I can say about the club:

1) They do make an excellent product. For the most part their kit bashing with existing parts, paint an new heads is great and they bring us characters Hasbro wouldn't.

2) One on One they listen. I've had a few instances over the years with issues and when I think about it every time they've done everything they can to resolve it. Examples of this off the top of my head include adjusting individual shipping charges, mailing me replacement products at their expense (twice now), finding 4 extra Cobra Undertow figures when they went on sale and now the country wide price drop on shipping. I had to email 3 different people and try contact them via facebook and phone them directly but Angie did listen and invested 4 -5 hours looking into the shipping rates. It took some effort but they did admit there was a fault and took the time to resolve it for all of Canada.

Yes, there will always be problems. What I'm taking from this experience is they do listen and will work hard to resolve problems when they can.

If you are on the fence about getting a set think about this. For 13 figures it works out to be just under $30 per figure for a premium figure, shipped to your front door. The quality is excellent and wave 2 looks awesome. Any Joe fan that has a few dollars to spare so give it a try at least once. You can always sell them on Ebay if you change your mind later.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 04:38:05 PM »

Now that the FSS1 mystery figure has been revealed, I can breathe a sigh of relief that it wasn't NF Crazylegs and instead hope for him in Wave 2 as the secret fig.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 01:16:35 PM »

I got in contact with Angie, so hopefully they will send Jan-present in newsletters, she said March-present so I had to correct her, either way, he newletters aren't a big deal.  As for the old installment plan, I was paying, $140.30 x 3 (no insurance) where each set of 2 was $17 in shipping and with the new shipping pricing, it is $131.90 x 3 (no insurance) where each set of 2 was $12.45.  So the savings of $30 is pretty significant, thanks again Morg for checking in on this.  And for those who might be "waiting" for the club to refund you, you better contact them ASAP because I don't think they will refund you unless you contact them as they have to cancel your old order and you have to put in a new one. 
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 03:30:06 PM »

I've  just put a call in to MC an am waiting for  Angie to call back.. my initial order has been cancelled and credited.. but  I can't seem to  redo my sub   for some reason. Hence the call.   I  hope I hear back  today.   
Zinthos.