JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2009 Walmart Toy Reset/Winter  (Read 2981 times)

FastFord58

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
2009 Walmart Toy Reset/Winter
« on: January 06, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »

Looks like the new plan-o-grams are up at the Brantford Walmart. Sadly,only two  3 3/4 pegs are reserved as well as the typical vehicle slot on the shelf. There are also 2 pegs for Combat Heroes.

We probably won't see a significant increase in product availability and space allotment until the Spring/Summer reset. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Walmart Toy Reset/Winter
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 11:21:54 AM »

I don't think it matters much in regards to the vehicles.   The few Walmarts I have been to lately are jammed still with wave 1.

Bandalero

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 11:45:29 AM »

yeah guys, I think we're pretty much stuck with the wave 1 vehicles forever :(

I've been to a couple of Wal*Marts in the last few days to see the post xmas damage and the wave 1 vehicles have remained untouched at $19.98!  Not a single one has moved.  A quick check of my local TRU revealed the same thing.

I mean I like the HISS tank as much as the next guy, but this stuff just aint moving.  And it really sucks that Wal*Mart will only dedicate the most 2 pegs to this brand while they cram the shelves with old movie toys, backugon, and f'n power rangers!!!!

Didn't the indiana jones line get cancelled?  When are these retailers going to cut their loses and sell out the toys at discount to clear up some space.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 11:53:51 AM »

Quote from: "Bandalero"

Didn't the indiana jones line get cancelled?  When are these retailers going to cut their loses and sell out the toys at discount to clear up some space.

Trouble is that if they discount these vehicles, you can pretty much guarantee they won't reorder.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 12:47:02 PM »

Those hiss tanks are going to be there until the end of time...

who can we hold responsible for this gross miscalculation in product on the shelf?

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 02:24:34 PM »

If my wife would let me get away with it, I'd clear out a few more HISS's. Ain't gonna happen. She nearly crapped when I bought second copies of Eels, BAT and Bazooka Trooper. For whatever reason she doesn't mind me buying the TRU army builders. I guess if the HISS ends up at a major discount we'd all be willing to grab them. The real problem is that there is no use for extra Steelers or ghastly Serpentors in most people's collection. As much as I see the HISS, the other set is far more common.

Oh and did Canada ever get the Trouble Bubble twofer? I've never seen it on any shelf but a comic shop.

Madman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 11:49:23 PM »

Quote from: "Kronz"

Oh and did Canada ever get the Trouble Bubble twofer? I've never seen it on any shelf but a comic shop.

Sort of. We did receive a small assortment of the american ones, because I saw them at some zellers and TRUs in mid/late summer and even in the fall which included the vamp and trubble bubble sets. Eventually, they were made bilingual and ordered in bulk by walmart and TRU but only included the hiss and air chariot sets. By this time, collectors already got their fill of them.