JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2011 Toy Fair: Hasbro Panel Presentation - Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Transformers...  (Read 3930 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile

Some cool stuff is coming:

Hasbro has listened to fans on the 3.75 line-up for this line.

- Look for a new look for the line, G.I.Joe, Cobra, Renegades will be in one assortment but the differences in the line will be reflected on the cardbacks. So you will know which ones are Renegades.

- Haek, Cobra Trooper looks to be female from the image shown, Steel Brigade, Blowtorch, Jungle BAT and Cobra Commander will be in wave 3 Spring and be on the POC cardbacks. These look like ARAH figures except for Hawk. Lots of accessories.

- Wave 1 of Fall will see the debut of Renegades. Firefly, Techno Viper, Hazard Viper, Cobra Commander, Snake-Eyes and Duke. These will not be done in animated style like say Clone Wars. So they match the animated stylings but using the existing tools though they are creating new tools as well. Basically they will have the costumes of Renegades but be done in 25th/POC style.
Vehicles Black Dragon Vtol, Crimson Hiss Tank, Vamp.

- 25th Anniversary style Skystriker will be on shelves Fall 2011. Looks like the original. Comes with ACE. It is retooled. It will hold 1 figure, not 2 because they couldnt make it to hold 2 of the new figures.No Parachute either.

- Comic Con will be a Transformers/GIJoe Starscream Skystriker with Cobra Commander and Megatron blaster. Doesn't Transform, just a redeco of the regular Skystriker.

- There will be more stuff for this 30 for 35th anniversary line later this year.

- Mike Fogel Jeff Kline is on stage to talk about G.I.Joe Renegades, the cartoon. Show a clip which debuts 2 new characters, Crimson Guard Commander Twins. The Crimson Guard is also introduced. Though they seem to be more of a cult than soldiers, and Scarlett, Duke and Roadblock seem to be members of the cult fighting Snake-Eyes and Tunnel Rat. The twins seems to have some type of memorizing powers which is how they control people in their cult.

- Q&A with the two, one of the reasons why they started at the beginning was because these guys were more fans of the 12" than 3.75" so they weren't as familiar with them so it was a way to learn and develop them as they go from the beginning.

- They also wanted to make Cobra evil. In the original series, Cobra never seemed to win so with this show, in a way Cobra has already one and that makes them more evil.

- Shipwreck is a character that was hinted to we might see in the near future of the show.

- Hasbro plays a tribute video to Clement Sauve - a G.I. JOE: RENEGADES' Character Designer and artist who passed away earlier this year after loosing his battle with cancer.

Read everything here: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=288&itemid=16891
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

so, wait, that's a Skystriker which is coloured like a G1 Starscream?
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile

SKYSTRIKER!  SKYSTRIKER! SKYSTRIKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STARSCREAM VERSION!  STARSCREAM VERSION!!  STARSCREAM VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile

With pictures...

GIJoe Starscream Skystriker

25th Anniversary style Skystriker

Black Dragon Vtol

Martin  ;D

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile

Skystriker stuff looks absolutely awesome!!!
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile

We are going to have another Slaughtergate with that Starscream, unless Hasbro puts a high price on it.
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile

Quote from: "canprime"
SKYSTRIKER!  SKYSTRIKER! SKYSTRIKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STARSCREAM VERSION!  STARSCREAM VERSION!!  STARSCREAM VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just as excited as you!
Lurking

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile

Quote from: "bandonov"
We are going to have another Slaughtergate with that Starscream, unless Hasbro puts a high price on it.

Hopefully, Hasbro makes a good number of these. Members from two fandoms will be after these, and TF fans outnumber us 10 to 1.

OB

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile

Quote from: "Oreobuilder"
Quote from: "bandonov"
Hopefully, Hasbro makes a good number of these. Members from two fandoms will be after these, and TF fans outnumber us 10 to 1.

OB

I hope they do too... The Zarana SDCC will also be one of those sought after figs too.  I really want to get both!
Lurking

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

the green guy is a VAMP driver apparently...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile

cant wait for that skystriker, now if i can get some one to get me 2 starscream skystrikers, lol
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile

Quote from: "Sundance"
the green guy is a VAMP driver apparently...
Steel Brigade Delta.

There is a pic of the VAMP box out there.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.