JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New sets for the 50th anniversary!  (Read 25215 times)

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: New sets for the 50th anniversary!
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 01:49:33 PM »

50th stuff is now up for preorder on BBTS as a "shared exclusive". Not much I'm interested in, but would like the pack with Leatherneck and Destro, and an Ice Viper (though not all the other stuff he comes with). Anyone have any idea if these will be coming to TRU in Canada?

Or any update on Kreo? I've all but lost interest due to the lack of stuff coming to Canada. Still seeing a fair bit of wave one sets rotting on the shelves at my local TRU, even after several 40% and 50% off sales. Not looking good for the future of Kreo in Canada.

Out west is a wasteland. Absolutely nothing new for almost a year. I picked up the wave 3 figs minus the army builders and the small sets 3 months ago or so in the US. I finally ordered the Dojo set fron Tru US since I've given up us getting it here in Canada.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 06:21:46 PM »

50th stuff is now up for preorder on BBTS as a "shared exclusive".

You are right... what means "shared exclusive"? With who?

darth cujo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 10:01:50 PM »

50th stuff is now up for preorder on BBTS as a "shared exclusive".

You are right... what means "shared exclusive"? With who?
Shared exclusive seems like an oxymoron, but it does make sense. So far it seems it's shared between TRU and BBTS. But you never know. Sometimes the sharing is between online stores, sometimes between 2 or 3 retailers. Never know until a bit of time goes by. Also "exclusive" often is only exclusive in a given country. So these could still end up at another store.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2014, 12:23:58 PM »

Exclusive doesn't mean "one". It means "restricted to a person or group" TRU and BBTS are that group. :)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 09:01:53 PM »

Exclusive doesn't mean "one". It means "restricted to a person or group" TRU and BBTS are that group. :)

So we might see this set at TRU... I mean Canadian TRU?

GI.Suicide

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2014, 05:05:13 PM »

I did it folks preorder made at BBTS !
Although I missed the vehicle sets I'm  still pretty excited about it!

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 05:40:35 PM »

So we might see this set at TRU... I mean Canadian TRU?

Really hard to say, and I'd say more than likely "no".
Retaliation 3.5 & 4 wasn't carried by Canadian TRUs because TRU felt burned by Retaliation product (meaning also GIJOE product in general) after wave 2.
From what my source at TRU has told me, there's no sign of ANY GIJOE product in the computer listings there, but that was a couple of months ago.
He usually gives me a heads up on stuff like Joes coming in.

The thing is that the CDN TRU ordering system isn't set in stone, and stuff that isn't "intended" to come to Canada sometimes does, and stuff that is supposed to be in North American TRUs sometimes is either just in the US OR the Canadian ones, and not both.

In other words, the 50th anniversary stuff is a crap-shoot here.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2014, 06:42:47 AM »

That's too bad... :'(

Why stores are ordering truck load of peg warmers and nothing that are really wanted? After this, the stores conclusions are that GI Joe is a small market, there is not enough money to make from this toy line, etc.

We are sometimes finger pointing Hasbro for not offering the right toys (Many Duke, many Cobra Commander, many parts re-uses/re-paint, etc.). But in that case, TRU is paying a prime to get exclusive, but is not ordering enough to stock all their stores. Grrrr!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2014, 01:37:38 PM »

Why stores are ordering truck load of peg warmers and nothing that are really wanted? After this, the stores conclusions are that GI Joe is a small market, there is not enough money to make from this toy line, etc.

Because Gi Joe IS is a small market for Hasbro. But if you want my opinion in general, I'm noticing most action figure lines hanging longer on the pegs.
2 + 2 = 22

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2014, 09:23:40 PM »

I made a funny observation over my last 4 trips to my local wallmart.

First trip: One case of new Spiderman marvel legends on the pegs. Just enough to build the green goblin build a figure and have one extra figure left on the peg.

Second trip: Some brave soul payed 136$ plus tax to build that goblin because there was only the one extra build a figure peace left.

TURD trip: Still only the same 1 figure left on the peg waiting for his buddys to show up.

Fourth trip: 5 pegs FULL from front to back, nothing but new marvel legends. Sitting there not selling.

They will be in the discount section before long. Hopefully there will still be a complete set when they move it to the dicount section. Thank you mystery marvel legends buyer for getting one over on wallmart.

To quote John Lovitz " He's lost his mind and im reaping all the benifites "
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 07:13:50 AM »

Look who was wrong: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=41391806

:-)

There are more on their website...

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2014, 06:01:15 PM »

Look who was wrong: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=41391806

:-)

There are more on their website...

Huh. Well that's good news. I already have an order with BigBadToyStore but that is nice too see.

I do have a question. Where's the Artic BAT / Snow Job and and Lady Jaye / Baroness sets? I've seen the other 2 packs online but I haven't heard anything about the BAT or Lady Jaye sets.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.