JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New sets for the 50th anniversary!  (Read 25097 times)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: New sets for the 50th anniversary!
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2014, 10:48:17 PM »

Mid-October?  Are they now using donkeys to move product in Canada.  Sigh. 

Looks like I will have to make an effort to find them while out in the Seattle area next week. I know there is a TRU within a 15 minute walk from the hotel.

Check to see it the Kro-O Terrordrome is out for me. I don't wanna drive to Everett just to have it not released in the area yet.

I didn't see the Terrordrome set at the Bellevue TRU. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2014, 03:40:41 PM »

Confirmed for Kitchener. I've seen the two packs (Low Light / Night Viper), (Heat Viper / Blow Torch), and the two vehicle sets.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2014, 01:50:40 AM »

Looks like I will have to make an effort to find them while out in the Seattle area next week. I know there is a TRU within a 15 minute walk from the hotel.

Check to see it the Kro-O Terrordrome is out for me. I don't wanna drive to Everett just to have it not released in the area yet.

Thanks for checking. Maybe I'll swing by in a month. I can't see them selling out.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2014, 10:15:53 AM »

Thanks for checking. Maybe I'll swing by in a month. I can't see them selling out.

They still had the Dojo set collecting dust.  So I suspect you are right as GI JOE kre-o's are not flying off the shelves. 

I picked up several of the past wave 1 and 2 kre-o vehicle sets while I was there.  Getting them to fit in my carry on is another story.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »

Toys "R" Us Yonge/Eglinton has the Low-Light/Night Viper set, the Blowtorch/H.E.A.T. Viper set, the Beach Head/Viper/Cobra Officer set and a whole bunch of Danger at the Docks.

silentdusty

• Crusty Ol' Master Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
    • Diowarriors
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2014, 04:43:28 PM »

I was at the TRU on Calgary Trail in Edmonton, they had a couple of the Eagle's Edge sets, two or three Danger at the Docks, and the Battle below Zero sets. Picked up an Eagle's edge myself, the vehicle sets were out of my budget at the moment. They had the usual QC issues, missing or messy paint apps, Hawk even had some leftover sprue from when they cut him out of the plastic molds. Leathernecks leg was angled so it looks like it's broken. Loved the accessories though, especially Destro's Rifle and Case.
Silent Dusty

Zenith27

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2014, 12:15:48 AM »

Surrey BC. All the local TrUs are filled with the new stuff out here. Surrey, Langley, Richmond.

*poof!* Gone. All the new stuff is gone from the Surrey TrU and the remaining old movie stock is on clearance at the end of an aisle. No Joe section in the main aisles anymore. I'll try another Tru next week and see if it's being stocked at any of the other locations.