JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Downtime  (Read 7785 times)

Eradicator

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Downtime
« on: January 04, 2015, 02:28:01 PM »

So, now that G.I. Joe seems to be on the back burner for Hasbro what are you guys doing with you collection these days? Myself, I never really collected anything from the Rise of Cobra line so I was thinking of getting a few vehicles. Ebay seems to have a few decent prices on things. The movie just didn't do it for me though. It wasn't really G.I. Joe to me but some of the toys look pretty good.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Downtime
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 03:02:08 PM »

I'm waiting for the Marauder Task Force figures to ship and if they prove to be as nice in-hand as they look, I'll be in kitbash heaven.
Until Hasbro gets novel with GIJOE again, or until (when) they do the Black series editions, then I'll get back into Joe again.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:36:27 PM »

Honestly I am in the process of organizing my figs/vehicles for selling. 

I'll keep a few items, but it is time to trim it down to a very select few.  Then when new stuff hits, especially if there is a 6" line, I'll go with that for a while.

I'm also starting in on the cartoon again to try and get a bit of the love back.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »

Still working on my Joe room.  I managed to get a nice curio display case from costco a month ago to add to the room.  But finding time to work on my room is my enemy.  My 15-month year boy and wife keep me busy.   
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 02:17:05 AM »

still trying to get writing done on my fan-fic and still trying to find the money to get the ARAH Cobras i want to squad build.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 03:14:14 AM »

I went to sell spare ARAH vehicles at a toy show in late Nov. and lost money on the day and the only interest I get on CL is people looking to get the stuff cheap to resell. All the spares are getting dumped into totes for the time being along with whatever spare figs I have kicking around. I've been putting off assembling a couple of WHALEs and a TTBP so I might to that to keep me occupied but they're likely to end up in totes as soon as I'm done rather than on eBay or CL. I also have a Crusader to be peroxided, it's apart but I was putting it off until I had something else to treat at the same time.

My ARAH collection ('82-'90) is down to about 10 of the rarer toys and a handful of paperwork items. My Joe room has my vehicles on shelves according to year and I need to do a major re-organization because I bought that stupid Missile Command HQ and it's huge. I've got a friend donating a couple new shelves and with another Detolf case I could put most everything on display (I only have room up to '86 for now) but it's a choice between the FLAGG and some spare jets/helicopters or the HQ, MCC and Rolling Thunder.

Either that or nitpick paint on figures for the next 6 months. :P

I'll keep an eye on the local CL to see if anyone puts up something I want and I'll go as a buyer to a local show or two for something to do but these days I only find the occasional filecard I want. :(

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 11:16:30 AM »

I had to pack all my stuff up yesterday. I had to re-purpose my spare room. Kind of depressing packing them all away. Hopefully I'll have an excuse to bring them out again.

I don't mind the downtime. I'm content to enjoy the figs I have. From Pursuit of Cobra to Retaliation and the last couple years of GIJCC I have plenty of stuff.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 07:39:38 PM »

all my collecting is on hold at the moment. Everything has been boxed away since last July except for my recently purchased 83 hq which i'm enjoying. I still mostly just look at the stuff i don't have but still want. I'm really liking dio-stories.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 08:03:47 PM »

I went to sell spare ARAH vehicles at a toy show in late Nov. and lost money on the day and the only interest I get on CL is people looking to get the stuff cheap to resell. All the spares are getting dumped into totes for the time being along with whatever spare figs I have kicking around. I've been putting off assembling a couple of WHALEs and a TTBP so I might to that to keep me occupied but they're likely to end up in totes as soon as I'm done rather than on eBay or CL. I also have a Crusader to be peroxided, it's apart but I was putting it off until I had something else to treat at the same time.

My ARAH collection ('82-'90) is down to about 10 of the rarer toys and a handful of paperwork items. My Joe room has my vehicles on shelves according to year and I need to do a major re-organization because I bought that stupid Missile Command HQ and it's huge. I've got a friend donating a couple new shelves and with another Detolf case I could put most everything on display (I only have room up to '86 for now) but it's a choice between the FLAGG and some spare jets/helicopters or the HQ, MCC and Rolling Thunder.

I'll keep an eye on the local CL to see if anyone puts up something I want and I'll go as a buyer to a local show or two for something to do but these days I only find the occasional filecard I want. :(

Yeah it is completely a buyer's market now.  Unless you have something rare, or MISB/MOSC, you won't be gettinguch.

However I also think that is going to be the case for at least the next 5-10 years.  Our fandom is getting older, and smaller in size which will reduce demand further.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 09:23:07 PM »

What is a "CL"?

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 12:39:50 AM »

What is a "CL"?

CL = Craigslist

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 08:17:18 PM »

I got bac into music for a while in the summer. I bought a bunch of new gear (new guitar, bass guitar with amp, new guitar amp, mic, wireless mic, digital drums, etc...)

Recently it's been lots of Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and some Far Cry 4 on the PS4.

I hardly check message boards. Toys have really gone on the back burner for me.

If someone came buy and offered to buy my entire collection for 75% of market value I'd probably do it but they better bring their cheque book. Letting it go a piece at a time is hard for me to do.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.