JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hello...  (Read 4617 times)

dark_perceptor

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Hello...
« on: October 26, 2011, 02:48:54 PM »

Hi Everybody!

I've been told by martin-montreal that this is were all the cool kids are, so I decided to sign up.

As a kid I had lots fo Joes. My aunt was a manager at Toys n Wheels (anyone here remember that old store?) and she used to let me preview all the GI Joes before they hit the shelf. I got to pick out the ones I wanted, and she'd buy them with her discount. Unfortunatly certain circumstances occured which permanently removed me form my old toys.

Fast forward to spring 2009. I stumbled across some 25th figures in a local drug store. My immediate reaction nearly gave me whiplash. I bought all I could, then went to the local TrU and bought some more. Then RoC came out and the cycle repeated itself, and continues to do so every payday.

I mostly collect the newest stuff, 25th and on. My favs have been PoC and 30th, and am currently troop building all Troopers and Vipers. Most of my stuff is MOC / MISB, at least until I get a bigger place then I'll probably have a hard time with that, lol!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Hello...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 04:12:51 PM »

welcome.

what's shakin', other than this fortress?
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 04:39:35 PM »

Welcome to the board.

Figures can only stay in sealed packages for so long.  They want to breathe fresh air.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 10:58:36 PM »

Welcome back!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

condor knight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hjlcollectibles.com
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 07:52:05 AM »

Welcome
Come visit my store at
http://www.hjlcollectibles.com

My email via the site:
hal@hjlcollectibles.com

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 08:54:55 AM »

I was a MOC collector and a loose collector but recently I've come to realize that most of the 25th anniversary stuff won't hold it's value as tons of Joe collectors are keeping MOC sets. So unless it's on sale and I want to use the parts for customs, I just buy one of each figure and open them. I might army build a few figures, but not as much as I use to.

Welcome to the board!
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 10:01:31 AM »

Welcome,

I'm a MOC collector as well, but also started to open some of my stuff to free up space, LOL!
Lurking

dark_perceptor

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 12:18:15 PM »

I really wish I could open 'em all, really I do. But since I don't have the room right now, it just wouldn't be fair to them to be opened and not displayed. I like to think of them in suspended animation, waiting to be deployed.  ;D

When I do move into a bigger place, I'll have a whole room (or two) dedicated to my toys. Then I plan on taking a week or two to open everything and display it. It will be epic!

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 12:30:24 PM »

welcome to the board, the moc collection is good, but for display space loose is the way to go, so i have both
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 06:24:25 PM »

Welcome man! My collection is the 80's ARAH, I have some of the figures from 25th that couldn't pass on and same with POC.

Great people here, been tons of help to me :)
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

dark_perceptor

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 07:33:37 PM »

Wow, almost a whole month since I've been here...  :-[

I've hit a bit of a wall, collection-wise. There's been nothing new in-store on my local circuit. So I've found a correlation between my in-store spending and online spending: the more I find in-store to buy, the more I want to keep buying, regardless of the where and how. Hmmm.... Well, at least I have my vintage collection to keep me semi-content! :P