JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Joe Meet News about SNOWBANK.  (Read 8518 times)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Meet News about SNOWBANK.
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 12:18:49 AM »

Quote from: "THE Mikeā„¢"
Would you guys of preferred no pre-booking for figures at all and just taken your chances arriving early? Please, tell me. Because until last night, I still wasn't sure on what to do.

Your Ed Damned if you and your Ed Damned if you don't.  :shifty:  This is really a tough call.

I will throw a suggestion out there.  If pre-booking again, have active members on this message board get a crack them first.  And I mean active, not just people posting weeks before the meet.  People who contribute on this message board via GI JOE news, toy sightings and other good conversation during the calender year should have an advantage over people who have posted nothing, very little or jack shit and just wait for the day to hover over a keyboard to snag the meet figure.  What made the original Joecanuck figure so unique is that the figure (aka Mike's blood, sweet and tears, plus choking aka goof off solvent...man that stuff was nasty) are in the hands (for the most part) by guys that are active members of this site.  There is a special connection there.  It would be nice to re-create this every year.   
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 03:59:24 PM by Pete The Greek »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 08:43:30 AM »

I'm with Pete on this for the most part. In a perfect world there should be enough for the regular guys here, then open the doors to everyone and hopefully that will get even more guys over here and posting on a more regular basis. If you do get up to 50 then this is perfect. You would have enough for the guys who post all the time, plus more than 30 for newer members, etc...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

gsmiley007

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2008, 09:36:08 PM »

I also think the problem was that everyone in the whole world that subscribed to the new letter knew at exactly what time it was going to be put on the site.

I like the idea of last year, where it just showed late one night and I think there was almost a day before shiver was sold out.
Looking for
NF Charbroil Accessories
Starduster Figure
Hard Top with Mic
Heavy Metal Mic

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 11:36:27 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Would you guys of preferred no pre-booking for figures at all and just taken your chances arriving early? Please, tell me. Because until last night, I still wasn't sure on what to do.

Your Ed Damned if you and your Ed Damned if you don't.  This is really a tough call.

I will throw a suggestion out there.  If pre-booking again, have active members on this message board get a crack them first.  And I mean active, not just people posting weeks before the meet.  People who contribute on this message board via GI JOE news, toy sightings and other good conversation during the calender year should have an advantage over people who have posted nothing, very little or jack shit and just wait for the day to hover over a keyboard to snag the meet figure.  What made the original Joecanuck figure so unique is that the figure (aka Mike's blood, sweet and tears, plus choking aka goof off solvent...man that stuff was nasty) are in the hands (for the most part) by guys that are active members of this site.  There is a special connection there.  It would be nice to re-create this every year.   

i agree with pete, but with demand steadily increasing, eventually produciton will have to be farmed out and the special connection witll be gone...or the choice to not have an exclusive figure ....
Wherever you go, there you are.